Info: Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

Im not really sure if this is the place to make a suggestion/wish for the new Entropia or even if there is one but I will say it anyway.

I would love to see an actual dence forests with limited view without radar and map to make it real exploration to find out the secrets of the place. Not allowed area for vehicles of course. Even better if there was really beautiful forests maybe with glowing leafs etc. If I got it right that to do dence forests etc without doing it too resource hungry for computer would be a possibilty with UE5.

Would be exiting to watch out for some really tough mobs hiding there or trying to find some rare mobs which only could be find there and those would have a chance to loot something rare stuff or be an awesome pet with special buffs if tamed.

Maybe some rare harvestable trees might spawn there randomly.

Someting "secret" things like kinda hidden instanses with unique mob spawns or areas with rare mining resources would make it even more exiting to explore there. Those could move within time and new things could appear with VU:s to keep it interesting to explore area in future too.

Sorry for offtopic if this is one but I just wanted to spit it out because it felt so great idea when it popped in my head : )

IDK if this is the place hopefully someone can direct me if not. But, Id like to see part of the HUD the EU time always in game something visible attached to maybe the radar or something here a screenshot of WoW obvious dont do what WoW does just I feel a picture is better than my crappy description lmfao.

IDK if this is the place hopefully someone can direct me if not. But, Id like to see part of the HUD the EU time always in game something visible attached to maybe the radar or something here a screenshot of WoW obvious dont do what WoW does just I feel a picture is better than my crappy description lmfao.

There is no clocks in las vegas for a reson! :D

I just want milk that tastes like real milk.
Please don't confuse the sycophants with the obvious, you'll light the remnants of their brains on fire. They will explode. Big boom...messy...

Edit: like the one who just voted dislike on this post.

Last edited:
If i may be so blunt to suggest...
Todays entropia enviroment dont feel or look SCIFI enough, the enviroment looks very bland and nothing that stands out to be SCIFI or "out of this world" feeling.
My suggestion is that Mindark works on making the look of the game more SCIFI in the way they want it, todays game is very bland and needs an overhaul on the look(houses, stones, trees, mobs, sky, moon, skybox, avatars, equipment, bunkers, appartments and so on... I hope with the new UE5 that this can be it!
GOGO Mindark, make the game feel and look more out of this world!

Reading this is very exciting despite some things being overtly vague in their descriptions leaving them open to interpretation. For example:

"Introduction of environmental dangers"
When I'm reading this I'm thinking dodging falling boulders, managing temperatures due to the environment or weather, dynamic wild fires that deal damage...etc. But this exact thing could be used to describe the game as is. I mean we do have things like the toxic calamusoid environment that requires pills to mitigate.

I'm very intrigued and I hope these things mean real change and this isn't all just marketing double speak using fancy words to describe and sell the same thing as we have just with a new coat of paint.

I am also excited by this, it’ll be interesting to see how it all comes together.
I have concerns about what happens to our skills and armour, weapons etc, and how they will fit into the new version of the game, but I am relatively poor and don’t have anything fancy anyway so am less nervy about it than some! But yeah, bring it on and GL with it. I just hope I live long enough to play it as I ain’t getting any younger!

"Introduction of environmental dangers"
When I'm reading this I'm thinking dodging falling boulders, managing temperatures due to the environment or weather, dynamic wild fires that deal damage...etc. But this exact thing could be used to describe the game as is. I mean we do have things like the toxic calamusoid environment that requires pills to mitigate.
plkease explain how these "random damage" are compensated in loot
as per myself they are just some extra "impact" decay cost...
game is milking enough off gamers, we dont need extra uncompensated damage
but maybe i look more at my wallet than at my fancy virtual dress

If it's not compensated in the loot, it will be in the markup somewhere.

Would be compensated much like now how armor and fap decay are added to mob loot with deminishing returns to encourage avoiding prolonged exposure to this kind of decay and rewarding players with actual play skill in avoiding this type of damage.

Actual skill playing a role is a welcome change to now where the only skill is timing loot waves and having access to a large bankroll. (Or the "skill" of making a bot that can grind with max dps 24/7)

Last edited:
I'll try to keep it short.
# Impossible. o_O

First, I don't know how far the team has come with the upcoming UE5 task, and just hope I'm not too late to make a statement.
First of all, I would like to say that I do not bring personal preferanses into the facts. But a total knowledge of design and games in general.

Now its time to go and grab your coffee before we continue. :coffee::coffee:

The head post from Dennis Antonsson
Overall, the information provided is a good indication that developers are now ready to give Entropia a push. Even, if I compare the game to other MMORPG games, I wouldn't say that the game has such bad graphics.
But UE5 is a good thing, and overall it looks more like the update will be even more focused on the game design itself and not just the graphical appearance. So ultimately, I think we are facing a big change and a bigger overall process.
'' That's the interesting part and the scary part all at once.''

The text and facts
Reading all the good stuff doesn't give a good impression of what developers really do or achieve. We can all read and speculate and discuss. But I want to look more closely at what we have as facts at this moment. That's where this big story worries me a lot more. Again not because of personal preference, but combining the facts.
What I'm talking about is the clean visuals we got to see and the updates made to the game recently. All other in-game stats and item lists we don't know anything about, so I won't waste time discussing this.

1# The UE5 HUD/UI Preview
Here -> Original Post HUD

Since this is a preview and there are so many wrong things here compared to Entropia today. I worry a lot to be honest.
I'm not sure how to get it down short written, but I'll try.

Gaming HUD ( Heads up display ) or UI ( User Interface )
Design 101 : What is a good game HUD, what do it need. 📖

You can skip this part. Its copy past from game design Information, but pleas read to understand more.
  1. Determine the information you want to display: Think about the most important information your players need to see while playing your game. This may include health, ammo, score, mini-map, and other relevant game data.

2. Choose a layout and design: Consider the placement and size of each element, as well as the overall design and visual style. A good layout should be easy to read and understand, and the design should be consistent with the game's overall theme.

3. Use appropriate graphics: Use graphics that are easy to understand and recognizable, such as icons, numbers, and bars. Use colors and shapes that match your game's visual style.

4. Use animations and transitions: Use animations and transitions to show changes in the player's status or progress. For example, the health bar could flash or change color when the player's health is low.

5. Test and refine: Test your HUD with actual players to see if it is effective and easy to use. Make adjustments as needed based on feedback.

Now when you also know how a good gaming HUD is made, can we take a new look on the Preview.
    Keep in mind this is a MMORPG, Not to compare it to FPS or other game types.

index.php

Remember the steps above the image? :unsure::coffee:

1 - Do the HUD have the Information we need? I will say at this preview the HUD have 35% less Information then today.
    A : No item name or decay info. ( This we have today )
    B : Primary and secondary item in rigth corner? ( Where is the tool bar? ) Item for low dmg, mining , tag weapon and fun stuff.
    C : Real Money Economic MMORPG - But I can no longer see my balance?
    D : No clearly visible colored ammo type icon. ?
    E : Much less easy shortcuts and buttons to be seen. This new HUD takes up more screen space and displays less information.
    (I will show this on an example vary soon.)

2 - Is the HUD design and layout good and is it easy to understand and read?
    A : Design can be good. But it doesn't have much to do with an MMORPG. Google MMORPG game HUDs and you will see.
    B : Easy to read? Do I even need to comment on that.
    B.1 - Great lack of colors. The Mod Health Bar has no colors on it, get lost in the colors of the sky. The avatar health as well.
    B.2 - Icons and item colors just fade as they all have the same look and feel
    B.3 - The chat has no colors. Not easy to read as it is too transparent. It is also very small compared to HUD. No color correction of what or where you chat?

3 - Use appropriate graphics: Use graphics that are easy to understand and recognizable?

A : I want to comment on it, but to be honest I don't know what I'm looking at.

4 - Use of animation ? - or example, the health bar could flash or change color when the player's health is low.
    A : It's an image so can't see animation. But there are certainly no colors.

5 - Test and refine: Test your HUD with actual players .
    A : Preview, If I was the player. The first thing I wanted to try was to open the action library and find a pogo dance. Create a shortcut. then stay there for the next 30 minutes and try to read and write in chat. Thats a fact! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Entropia

We need to know what we have. Before we can judge what we get. Compare the present with the new.
    That's when you get the big picture of how much the new one may lack in improvements, after all it's improvement and development we're working to get? Not a glorified UE5 look, but a downgrade in gameplay HUD and UI.

Pay attention to all the features and simple colors and icons we have today. Don't forget all the customization we can do today.
    Shortcuts, Armor sets, clothing sets, Item shortcuts, emotes, action shortcuts, color matched in chat and much more.
    Even just small things like radar HUD. Why no lcation name ect ect? A lot is missing!
    Every number I've added to the pictures are features or information about the HUD, and a lot of that is missing from the new one.

Have a look then consider the new HUD again.
    index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Everyone can have their own opinion, but to me the facts are clear and easy to see.👓

Let's look at some more facts. :unsure:

It was now only a few days ago. New game update where some of the service stations in the game got a new design.
    I don't know why it was a design change, but I really hope it has nothing to do with testing UE5 objects.
    For those who don't know what I'm talking about.

Most of the service station on Calypso has the old object design. Storage, Trade Terminal and repair ect.
    Each terminal had its own unique appearance. This is good because it is easy to spot them in a room and it is easy to remember when they have a unique design.
    It also gives a better soul to the game when each item or object gets its own look. It takes time to create multiple object shapes. But in the end, the overall results are much better.

Now after the facelift # Downgrade:devilish: of the new service centers. All the terminals have the same appearance, but only simple differences.
    If Entropia is about Scifiction and UE5 is an upgrade in feel and look.
    It is very sad for me to see a storage container now looking like a repair machine terminal with other colours only. Since they have very different interactions and functions.

I know other planets just have the same object type but just use colors to divide them. In a designer's eyes. This is just a shortcut or lack of time to do something better.

All in all, we just want a good game. There's a lot that could make the game better, but don't jump all in and change things that work.
    It's an interesting future. But I want them all to go slow and not jump on the joy of editing everything, but not spending the time needed to do it.
    I also want the game to grow, and get more players as well, to feel new and interesting. But graphics and looks don't get or keep players.

The interface and gameplay do, and most important is developers who spend the time needed and don't create new things because that's the funnest part for a designer. Keep up the good work, development is the future, but don't take away or make less of what we have.

Thanks o_O:ROFLMAO:

When i hear UE engine. This is what i look at,.

Based on what they are showcasing on their Instagram page, they are not going for the hyper-realistic look. I am not sure what the style they are going for is called, but it is definitely not photo-realistic.

I wonder what pc specs will be needed for unreal 5 engine to run smoothly :)

Based on what they are showcasing on their Instagram page, they are not going for the hyper-realistic look. I am not sure what the style they are going for is called, but it is definitely not photo-realistic.
Well thats conceptart with mixed graphic e.g simple render and paint over, so final look might be a bit different.

its less stress for PC to run UE then cryengine.
its a diffrent type of work. but there is ultra settings that do need some power.
I appreciate this comment more then you know. Cryengine that we use is a dead engine. Alot of memory leaks and other issues that make it difficult for a pc to use. Unreal is actually pretty bad a$$ and will allow more people to play even with potatoes. Well depending on the potatoes. I've been trying to explain to people for years why we need to replace the dead game engine but everyone always yells " I don't need better graphics" and my reply is if you think a game engine is just updated graphics then you know nothing about game dev.

I appreciate this comment more then you know. Cryengine that we use is a dead engine. Alot of memory leaks and other issues that make it difficult for a pc to use. Unreal is actually pretty bad a$$ and will allow more people to play even with potatoes. Well depending on the potatoes. I've been trying to explain to people for years why we need to replace the dead game engine but everyone always yells " I don't need better graphics" and my reply is if you think a game engine is just updated graphics then you know nothing about game dev.
Trying to find people that can work in Cryengine is like finding a needle in a haystack. Even the creators of Cryengine, Crytek, have a hard time finding devs to work on their games. This engine upgrade is needed like you said and will help develop more stuff faster in the future.

Trying to find people that can work in Cryengine is like finding a needle in a haystack. Even the creators of Cryengine, Crytek, have a hard time finding devs to work on their games. This engine upgrade is needed like you said and will help develop more stuff faster in the future.
You can thank Amazon for that because of lumber yard blow up that happened few years back. But yeah all of it applies. But cryengine is dead and so many limitations with it. Unreal was the best choice. Unity is a module base engine and has it's garbage flaws which makes using it for mmos a problem. Unreal is great for fps.
Unity garbage is due to a c# scripting layer to be used. Unity is actually c++ but uses a script to make the modules system work. So those are the two dominant engines atm

My issue is not what CAN be done regarding low-spec machines (potatoes), it's what I think WILL be done, namely not very much.
Although there are very innovative and efficient elements such as lumen that have the ability to downscale meshes for lower machines, there are still going to be basic requirements for those systems to even begin working.

What exactly are the lowest specs of any platform that can run lower level environments? Anybody?

That's not to say I don't simply love the paint effects on the Rivian, the riverbed etc in the latest vid and the ease of designing areas, it's just that someone somewhere along the line is not going to pay attention to 'spec-saver' considerations... as usual amongst devs, I might add. They are proud of what they can achieve: not so much of the low end work for potatoes.

Just popping in to ask, what happened to this ... ?

In about a year we aim to have a fully playable part of the world with close-to-final visuals, core functionality and mechanics — enabling us to lay the foundations for future systems and gather your valuable feedback.
We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe!

A year is closing in fast, what happened to subsequent dev blog updates :) ?????

Just popping in to ask, what happened to this ... ?

In about a year we aim to have a fully playable part of the world with close-to-final visuals, core functionality and mechanics — enabling us to lay the foundations for future systems and gather your valuable feedback.
We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe!

A year is closing in fast, what happened to subsequent dev blog updates :) ?????
One year in MA time is like 5 years regular time. Its like reverse dog years.

Back