Untill unlocking blueprint comprehension skill

Pavlov

Mature
Richard Mister Pavlov
Hello crafters,

I would like to know what you saying about this. :scratch2:

I craft at the moment Basic auxiliary, because it's engineering* (is there any other BP's for skilling ??)
I have no time at the moment to sit in space and repair.

My plan is to get lvl 10 unlock BPC skill and then do something further.
Weapons? +question -> from hunting (skill laser technology) does effect crafting weapons or not?!
conditioners I, II, III??
attachments (But I guess market with amp crafters is pretty busy) :eyecrazy:

So how do you think is this good idea to begin crafter life in this way and skilling, or not?
I depo ped almost every week, so I guess ped is not so big problem at the moment.

Groet,
Richard Mister Pavlov :smoke:

Really all anyone can do for you is give you info to work with. There are pros and cons to any route you choose. Should you choose to open blueprint comprehension via repair skilling it will likely cost you 7 or 8 burnt out RK-5's and associated wire. If you use a generous planning figure of 20 ped per set you're looking at a tool/wire cost of 120 ped. Add another roughly 30 ped for incidental costs like thruster decay and landing fees and you will likely spend 150 ped-ish to get the job done.

It takes roughly 3.5 hrs of constant trigger pulling on an RK-5 to burn it out, and "constant" repairing is near impossible for long periods since the loss of 0.0 repairs. So, it takes longer than that on average to burn out an RK-5. At a guess, depending on how long each skilling opportunity lasts and how much attention you can pay to keeping the tool fired up lets estimate it will take you an average of 4.5 hrs to burn an RK.

4.5 hrs X 8 RK's = roughly 36 hrs of dedicated repair skilling time.

So, a reasonable guess is repair skilling opens up blueprint comprehension with a 150 ped expenditure and at a cost of 36 hrs of game time. + travel time to and from various skilling events you get involved in.

I have never run the numbers ( don't craft enough yet to guesss) but I am told the actual cost of opening up bp comprehension is significantly less with repair skilling than it is trying to open it by grinding useless tt food. Can't verify that from my own knowledge but it sounds reasonable.

Pros: Repair skilling opens up bp comprehension quickly and "inexpensively", with the side advantage of advancing a number of other crafting related skills quite rapidly too.

Cons:

1. Crafting related skill advancement is not particularly "balanced". Repair skilling advances engineering rapidly and consequently a lot of other engineering related skills. I am not sure how much a texture crafter would benefit.

2. You don't end up with higher QR bps in your library due to all that grinding.

Just a couple of down and dirty considerations....more to the story than that but repair skilling suits some very well. Others dont like the idea.

Up to you :)

Does blueprint comprehension skill actually make any difference to success rate?
I have clicked many BPs, 95% success rate on quantity with double the skills needed to click it and still barely get 34% successes. Granted they include near successes in that 95%, but it still pisses me off that we get all these skills, max a BP and yet get the same success rate as someone who isn't maxed on it.

Does blueprint comprehension skill actually make any difference to success rate?
I have clicked many BPs, 95% success rate on quantity with double the skills needed to click it and still barely get 34% successes. Granted they include near successes in that 95%, but it still pisses me off that we get all these skills, max a BP and yet get the same success rate as someone who isn't maxed on it.

I honestly don't know :) I am just beginning to focus on crafting a bit now so very much in the early learning stages. I chose to get BP comprehension skill opened and up some before I started to try crafting much. But tbh I honestly cant say from my own knowledge if the pros outweigh the cons or not. I know I have a lot of crafting related skills from repair skilling without having done many clicks on anything yet.

Past time for me to learn how to set up a spreadsheet and use it :)

I casually crafted crap for 2-3 years.

Then I opened BPC in 2 days of repair grinding.

Then I saw my first crafting global, then my first hof.

BPC is your friend.

AFAIK success rate is determined by just two things:
1) Your professional level compared to the BP's requirements
2) The QR of the BP.

I find that on reasonably long runs 35% seems to be about par for full 'success', assuming that you have a level well above the requirement.

Your professional level is boosted by unlocks such as BP Comp, so getting this unlocked is very useful.

I found that doing repairing was a relatively painless way of getting started in crafting compared with the grind of trying to craft with no professional level!

Ook i guess need to consider toe go hand repair.
Thanks for advice. I guess it is better to do 300ped run than loose in months of crafting crap.

About crafting weapons etc, anybody have experience with that?
Or just is better toe craft components?

About crafting weapons etc, anybody have experience with that?
Or just is better toe craft components?

Depends on your goals. If you just craft weapons then you will have to buy all the components. My style is to craft the components first. Among other things this will give you general engineering skills, and will also produce residue which you can use for the weapons.

My policy is to craft as many of the weapons I use as possible.

Not blueprint comprehension, per se, but BPC makes your crafting levels increase faster after you've unlocked them. Crafting profession levels do affect your success rate on unmaxed or newly maxed bps.

there are many answers for you here
as far I can see from ppl who are very familiar with the subject and some friends ;)
I can add only something from my experience...
I made the mistake to try leveling up by crafting "TT food" and I lost my time and money....:silly2:
then I tried skilling repairs :yay:
If you see your future as a crafter don't do the same mistake
Go with skilling repairs
you wouldn't regret it

as about BP comprehension only boost the QR of BP's you use.
I don't see any difference in success rate (and there isn't) just because I unlocked it,
but it is related after all.

Last edited:
Space skilling is the best, and fastest overall route to BPC.

As far as I can tell BPC increases the base TT of the crafted goods by pecs, which in turn affects globals and such, like a mining amp, on a tiny scale.

Some approximate numbers that I notice.

From 0 to 4k bpc, its about .50 pec increase in the item value returned. (level 5's (1.00 qr print used pre and post BPC).....12 ped-ish a click)
*of course to get to 4k bpc alot of other skills grew with it, so hard to tell the true effect of BPC alone

Condition crafting... from 92 ped global average to 98 ped global average. (level 5's)

The ultimate rule of crafting is Markup. Make things that have a markup and sales to supply the markup. There are a number of basic things that regularly return a decent markup. The auction should be your best friend.

Don't waste time crafting tt food, unless the back-end benefits are greater. (example - level 7 tailoring bp's (no markup or demand in the item, but high markup skills, and bp drops could offset))

Forget skills for anything other than unlocking prints...crafting has the slowest gains, and it is offensively slow!

Pavlov,

I can only share my experience, I have been crafting for two years and in game a little over three.

Some BPs require complex sub-components and its easy to fill up your storage with odd items that you cant sell except to TT or you don't want to sell as you "May" need them again. I would suggest that once you have unlocked BPC (in space) you stick to crafting items that have MU above the sum of their components, taking into account success rate, and don't require sub components. And it bears repeating that if you need to transport Mats between planets, wait until you can buy a bulk amount and take the Mats on a MS, don't risk it in a personal ship.

Good Luck!

Dirk

Pavlov,

I can only share my experience, I have been crafting for two years and in game a little over three.

Some BPs require complex sub-components and its easy to fill up your storage with odd items that you cant sell except to TT or you don't want to sell as you "May" need them again. I would suggest that once you have unlocked BPC (in space) you stick to crafting items that have MU above the sum of their components, taking into account success rate, and don't require sub components. And it bears repeating that if you need to transport Mats between planets, wait until you can buy a bulk amount and take the Mats on a MS, don't risk it in a personal ship.

Good Luck!

Dirk

Thanks for advice Dirk.

Back