Update in process ? Maintenance mode

Liu

Old Alpha
Society
French Jumper
Killashandra Liu Ling
Dear all,

Am I the only one getting a "server in maintenance mode" message which prevents me from launching the game ?

Same here, any idea how long it has been like this?

Just tried to connect, like 5 minutes ago. No message anywhere in the client or on the support page/website.

After a long and tiring day of work lost in translation, I hoped to relax a bit up there....failed.

Thanks MA ! To top it all, I didnt even complain about the VU -_-

No idea how long this will take neither :(

timing is a little bit off too - usually they do it at around 9 am their time.

Let's play a game and try to guess at what time the servers will be back online !

As I'm in Japan, I'd say at 21:24 they'll be back online. Which is in 9 minutes now.

What's your guess ?

Damn, I bought a mouse today to play on my laptop...what a waste :

Oh well have to be at work in 1hr so....

Let's go with one hr from now they will come back on.. meaning no play time before work lol:laugh:

well hope they fix the things. i was mostly ok with the VU but is was a pretty bad idea to force camera view. it was the targeting i liked but it didnt even work for reppers.
I started a list of the things i like and didn't about the VU. And now theres time to write it up.

FIRST THING I noticed was the TP map. why the hale does it zoom. I set the map size to medium because thats the size i liked.

Why zoom in at the terminals. another not needed feature. I liked that you could leave the terminals while open.

Hate the can't zoom out feature. Couldn't reach the auctioneer.

haha servers up they caught me lol

In game we were getting messages that the servers were going down. Bug fixing! :yay:

Max zoom distance was increased again \o/

or is it only impression? :D

They are opening a new server whith previous VU on it, then we have choice.

So MA, while you're at it, can you open a third one whith Project Entropia on it ?

Thank you.

More seriously, they said previously they will adjust again the max zoom out..
The first time they said "adjust", they simply divided it by 20..
So I hope they will not just increase it a little bit now, but realy make it again how it was before.

Servers back online !!!

Client download: 28.79 MB
Required planet data: 2.08 MB
Planet Calypso: something so tiny that it was over in less than a second

YMMV of course

Servers back up and logged in

All i can see is now more range on scroll out. No HP bars, the mouse is still locked, autouse barely works and switches off whenever you try to look around at whats attacking you from another position.

Suckfest

Way to go Mindark - Piss off more players and see how that helps your bottom line....

Only changes I can see are:

1) We now have camera offset instead of either left/right OTS, so we can be directly behind avatar now - good.

2) You used to be able to click both mouse buttons to move and then release the left mouse button and continue to move, now you stop and bring up a menu when left button is released - Bad.

I don't understand the second one. It worked fine in old system and in vu 16 but they've changed it with this patch to be worse even though nobody has even mentioned it on forum.

Servers back up and logged in

All i can see is now more range on scroll out. No HP bars, the mouse is still locked, autouse barely works and switches off whenever you try to look around at whats attacking you from another position.

Suckfest

Way to go Mindark - Piss off more players and see how that helps your bottom line....

You call that more zoomed out, MA? Just over one extra mouse wheel increment when not aiming a weapon that zooms it back in when you target???!!! Way to go Mindark indeed. Now I'm getting really pissed off. Using explosives on a small group of mobs I can still hardly see the damage being done to ANY in the time I have available to look all around the bleedin' edges of my screen!

I note in interviews and answers how you keep on saying the vision YOU (MA?) have for the game going forward. Are players going to have to negotiate with you one click at a time to change things back towards how WE, the players, would like things? I know the forum is outspoken and doesn't always give you enough time for stuff, but being pissed off is not a state of mind I/we want to be in when playing something :mad:

Back