Help: Update issues. No error message

Aly

Alpha
Society
Antipodean Army
Alyss Aly Aquire
Hate to open yet ANOTHER VU issue thread, but I have looked through all the ones posted so far and can't see anything similar to the error I'm experiencing.

Downloading the update runs fine (although EXTREMELY slow compared to my connection). But after the 6-8 hours of downloads the loader simply closes.

After the client loader auto closes, I have tried two options;
1.leaving the comp for a few hours before reopening
2.restarting before reopening
neither seem to have any effect.

When opening the client loader again, the download starts all over.
Up to the 3rd lot of 6-8 hour downloads and nothing is changing.

Have tried the torrents, non stop errors (always have issues with torrents, would prefer suggestions that do not include this option as it will inevitably be fraught with more issues for me)

KEY Comp stats:
Plenty of available memory
Fastest broadband connection available in Australia
Windows Vista 64 bit
IE8 (I know, just too lazy to change it to something decent :silly2:)

Any ideas? :scratch2:

Cheers :beerchug:,

Aly

No ideas Aly, mine worked fine.
But if you are stuck just get someone with a working version to burn it to a DVD or USB key and then copy it to your HD.

click NO when it asks if you want to use the DNA crappy thing as that restarts at the beginning everytime.

Im downloading it the old way thru the client, it starts of very slow 14k then gradually builds after 10 - 15 mins to 160k (im 1.5mb connection) and if it stops or you dc it continues where it left off when you resume.

I have tried all the other alternatives and there all slow.

If this is what your already doing then i got no idea.

gl Aly

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately that's exactly what i'm doing (Butch) and this time it is sitting at 156.6kb/s (slight improvement :S)

Ah well, fingers crossed ;)

In the meantime.. you can all buy up my mass of items on auction :D
Aly needs a new wardrobe (really.. NEED being the operative term :laugh:)

Aly

Finally managed to get it working :)

Same issue as before, updater auto closes and opening via shortcut or .exe just restarts the download. So tried manual opening.

For anyone else having a similar issue, my solution was;
-Locate Entropia Universe/Mindark folder from 'computer' panel
-Find the application file marked Update_10.3.0.0-10.3.35944
-Right click 'run as administrator'
-Wait 10-20 minutes with no indication it's doing anything except the loading icon on cursor
-Accept permission when it eventually pops up :D

From here the update installed and then did the dissapearing act again.
Reopening via either shortcut or the update file caused multiple errors and compaints about ti not being able to 'delete file bin32' etc.etc.
I ignored/closed all those, did a comp. restart and opened from shortcut (right click 'run as admin')

Presto, 20+ hours of downloads and several hours of freezes, one mini update and a very long wait for the game to load... but finally it let me in :wtg:.

Still having 'grey screen' issues which I assume are due to it having to reload textures etc.

Hopefully that helps someone out there ;)

Aly

PS: Many of the auction items did indeed sell.. silver lining and all :silly2:

Back