Upgraded Viceroy the new alternative to EST

It seems that when I edited the thread a mistake/bug occurred and there is now two threads on the same subject. If anyone decides to reply to either thread, please post in this one, as I have submitted a report to close the other one.

Someone ingame asked me how do they get a viceroy set: you purchase from an NPC at celeste quarry by turning in hunting loot. To upgrade the set and receive buffs you need to do the following:

You now have the opportunity to be able to upgrade your Viceroy Armor pieces. This will require that you obtain a very special item called Nanites. These little microscopic robots are all over Planet Arkadia and they are extremely evasive. There is no documented location, mined or creature drop that is recorded yet, so their whereabouts are unknown.

I think it's a very nice armor to have but not comparable to EST sadly.

Evade is nice instead of dodge, but 0.2% crit chance doesn't even come close to 60% crit damage. And who know show rare the nanites are...

Now just please add cut and stab to bristlehog damage type to finish this exploit.

Its news to what is going to come in future u mean =)

Also this armor is not tradeable so :/

Smaller effect on EST. But no doubt good armor since they stack with the imp ares making it a "mod"

I'd say it's a bit overhyped. You essentially get a free shot (counting a crit as double shot) every 500 shots. At low level, when you wear that kind of armor for actual protection, it's not a big deal at all. At higher levels, with bigger guns, it's not worth to pay for the armor decay for the sake of that buff, you will save much more by just going naked, even considering the evade buff. Especially now that the decayless grinding on certain mobs becomes a thing of the past :)

It's an ok addition if you have or going to get a Viceroy anyway (depends on the cost of upgrade, of course), but nothing worth going out of your way for.

But as an example of what lies ahead for us, it's indeed a big happening.

I had decided to stick with my Gremlin instead of getting a set of Viceroy, mainly to keep armor that is tradable. These upgrades though, make re-consider. It would be nice to know the final cost of upgrades.

I'd say it's a bit overhyped. You essentially get a free shot (counting a crit as double shot) every 500 shots. At low level, when you wear that kind of armor for actual protection, it's not a big deal at all. At higher levels, with bigger guns, it's not worth to pay for the armor decay for the sake of that buff, you will save much more by just going naked, even considering the evade buff. Especially now that the decayless grinding on certain mobs becomes a thing of the past :)

It's an ok addition if you have or going to get a Viceroy anyway (depends on the cost of upgrade, of course), but nothing worth going out of your way for.

But as an example of what lies ahead for us, it's indeed a big happening.

Just a note, Viceroy also has not electric (or penetration) protection, and not everyone has EST. And the evade will probably help low/mid level players who are going to wear some kind of armor anyway.

Viceroy Adjusted - 0.2% critical chance
Viceroy Improved - 0.8% critical chance
Viceroy Modified - 1% critical chance, 20% evade, Durability 3800, Defence ~19 impact and ...
ingame now

Viceroy Modified - 1% critical chance, 20% evade, Durability 3800, Defence ~19 impact and ...
ingame now

Where did you see Imp and Mod?

Do you get a preview like on Calys upgradable items?
Does the adj/imp/mod have visual changes to normal Viceroy?

I had decided to stick with my Gremlin instead of getting a set of Viceroy, mainly to keep armor that is tradable. These upgrades though, make re-consider. It would be nice to know the final cost of upgrades.

come on Mindark, lets get Gremlin upgrades available already! :)

Do you get a preview like on Calys upgradable items?
Does the adj/imp/mod have visual changes to normal Viceroy?

There is no item preview as with the Calypso or Smuggler updates, all the info is only given in the dialog text. There is also no hint at possible visible distinction, we'll have to wait until the first ones are made. Or maybe suggest to them to upgrade the NPC dialog to the same style. The pattern emerged only after the original Viceroy was released.

ingame now

Thanks for the update. I did visit Arkadia but I missed that. If you are correct about Viceroy Modified then it is without question a new alternative to EST.

Thanks for the update. I did visit Arkadia but I missed that. If you are correct about Viceroy Modified then it is without question a new alternative to EST.

I would use "addition" instead "alternative" ;).

Hunting mobs that never hit you (or have no EST dmg type) - choose EST.

Hunting mobs that do hit you and will decay your armor - choose Mod Viceroy.

All other armors - dump them in TT because there will be total 10 people using other armors in whole universe so they have no value anyway.

Personally i think i would pay about 5k peds for "ready mats" for whole Mod viceroy set. I am not 100% sure yet but that is my starting point at least.

The only reason not to get the Mod Viceroy is if you have Summer + Easter rings combo (crit rate from items is caped at 5%) or other method of reaching cap.

Falagor
:bandit:

I would use "addition" instead "alternative" ;).

Hunting mobs that never hit you (or have no EST dmg type) - choose EST.

Hunting mobs that do hit you and will decay your armor - choose Mod Viceroy.

All other armors - dump them in TT because there will be total 10 people using other armors in whole universe so they have no value anyway.

Personally i think i would pay about 5k peds for "ready mats" for whole Mod viceroy set. I am not 100% sure yet but that is my starting point at least.

The only reason not to get the Mod Viceroy is if you have Summer + Easter rings combo (crit rate from items is caped at 5%) or other method of reaching cap.

Falagor

True, I hadn't really considered the players who have focus blow maxed, EST will still be the armor to own.

Last edited:

Nah, plenty of people do not want to always hunt in a super eco way.

what are ingredients to upgrade to adj viceroy?

True, I hadn't really considered the players who have focus blow maxed, EST will still be the armor to own.

The one problem with EST, for me personally, is my Internet connection drops now and then and that usually results in receiving armor decay whilst my avatar stays logged in for a minute or so. That didnt concern me very much when the set cost 1200ped, but now that EST is worth 5k plus, I'd always prefer the mod viceroy because I don't have to worry about getting decayed now and then. Plus you have the idiot factor, of forgetting to unequip EST when the phone rings or doorbell ect and you get it decayed whilst AFK. I don't like the playing style of being on hyper alert when using EST, to avoid being hit zero times all the time.

Don't forget ninja "insta hiting you" spawners ;). And yes i face same problems sometimes when hunting in EST (and i agree i did not care THAT much about not beeing hit before knowing i could replace needed parts easily). But even if you decay lets say 1ped per 1 week of active hunting then EST will last like 5-6 years and is definelty worth it imo.

Nah, plenty of people do not want to always hunt in a super eco way.

Yes - i still find this very amazing :laugh:.

Falagor

where is the mission broker to get this armor ? pls pm me

OK, I have no shame

Upgrading Viceroy Armor

cersei.png

u need 2 nanites each part =14 nanites for first upgrade

so for the set u need (quantity):

Adjusted nanites 14
Improved nanites 14
Mod Nanites 14
Bismuth Plating 2100
Ospra ingot 210
Banite ingot 70
Zulax ingot 28
Musca (L) set full tt
Canis (L) set full tt
Lupus (L) set full tt

Total cost at curent mu 14-15k ped

Cheers

"You need 6 that means 1800 PED or 180 USD just for the Nanites."

Is that per part or for the whole set?

you need 2 adj nanites per part, 600ped in MU per part

you need 2 adj nanites per part, 600ped in MU per part

Ok thanks. Thats what I thought.
The text in the link was somewhat misleading, that you needed 2 nanites for the upgrade without any mention per part or per set.

Back