URGENT!!!! Call to , You know who you are.

Status

Windswept

Guardian
Society
SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
Windswept Winds Tundra
this is a call to the person that has the majority of items of value belonging to members of SoF. What is clear to me now is that one of our members - Legion had racked up significant debt with players of EU. This i understand is the downside of the game. You can lend and lend with no guarantee of payback. People have cried this cry before. When you lend someone over 40k$ in a game with no contract or Legal docs requiring repayment or collateral that the person OWNS then you are setting yourself up for a big surprise there is no gurantee or penalties that can be applied. So what happened in this situation you ask. Someone- you know who you are took items off of Legions character, how i dont know.. unless someone gave you his login info which was prolly Legion and essentially things that belonged to me, Rexel and Burns and maybe others were taken as the collateral on the loan. I have been in this game for 5 years and dont have very much other than my skills, my gun and 1/3 the investment in the Hangar we owned. As for the other members of my Society, well they now are out a Mod Merc, Imp Fap, Hangar deed. These items were not legions as you know he couldnt afford to have them nor could he afford his debts.
I am making a plea here to resolve debts with Legion in a mature manner. MA doesnt help us in ayway to recover our items and we all know that. So where is my society now. We again are the victims of people far too greedy to be playing this game or be trusted.

I worked so extrememly hard for the items i had and to now not have in possesion what i paid for and did not authorize to be used as collateral is frustrating.

i am asking all the people of EU to help me out here. I understand there is a large debt to be repaid and Karma is a wicked mistress you dont mess with, BUT you have to take some respinsibility for your own risks when dealing with others.

- If you dealt with an individual
- Trusted the individual with large sums of money and a deal was struck without collateral.
- collected on your debt after non payment.

What would you do if you found out the items you were taking to repay your debt belonged to other people who did not know they were being used as collateral or you authorized to be sold?

Please take a moment to understand that i am not trying to trounce the person with our stuff as i have not mentioned his name. What i want is a bit of logic applied to this scenario. MA could make life alot easier for all of us if they would simply implement one thing to this game. the ability to stamp items with ownership tags. Its simple if a person attempts to sell or trade an item that is not stamped by them as owner it immediately returns to the inventory of the person its stamped as owner of. You could even apply a rent policy that if rent for item is not paid it will be returned to owner.

Anyways im very frustrated as i am a bystander victim of a crime that is not punishable by any law except morality. Sad to say this wont net me any satisfaction.

If you need to work out some sort of payment plan to recover your money do that with Legion. But dont take my stuff and think im cool with it. I dont owe you any money Legion does. Nor does any memebr of this society owe you any money.. If i owed you money i would pay it back or offer something as collateral if i dont.

sorry for your collective losses

my 1st question did Legion have a goldcard? if not anyone who lends MM etc to someone without one is truly insane, whats the short story he was hacked after owing you guys loads of peds and items? smells fishy to me and 40K$ who lends that to someone?

So Legion owes some money, and he used other peoples items to settle his debt.

Am I reading it right??

What was he doing wite the "majority of items of value belonging to members of SoF" on him?

Did he say he was in trouble and needed some help, so you all lent him high value items? Or you all lent him all your high value items before you knew he was in difficulties?

Just to make some stuff clear before ppl start screaming at me :p

This is not to do with me. But it has to do with my old avatar, and again BEFORE ppl start screaming the avatar was sold before MA stated it was against the rules, which i although really cant find anythign about in the eula anyway. But just so you know it was done BEFORE ma said it was a no no. The thing is I havent recived any money either as of yet. So in essence it wasnt really sold, but the login was given to 2 persons after i had given access to it and they ripped it of anything left on it. So i lost both my old avatar AND the cash.

still no closer to understanding what happend other than legion sold his ava LEGALLY some time ago...

kygon said:
sorry for your collective losses

my 1st question did Legion have a goldcard? if not anyone who lends MM etc to someone without one is truly insane, whats the short story he was hacked after owing you guys loads of peds and items? smells fishy to me and 40K$ who lends that to someone?

he had a goldcard.

Legion said:
he had a goldcard.

so ur old ava (who had a goldacard) borrowed peds & items under your rep/name? then got hacked?

I'm more confused now that you explained.

So the Legion in SoF that I saw in game last night is essentially someone that has stolen your avatar?

ok very short what happened is being written now.. will be posted in a few minutes.

kygon said:
legion sold his ava LEGALLY some time ago...

But according to the EF Legion, he did not get payment for his old avi before he gave the details away, hence he gave his avi away and did not sell it.

what the hell actually happened?? This is a very confusing thread... :confused:

Yes there are 2 sides there was the old Legion and the new legion. Simply put We did not know the NEW legion was in debt to anyone by this much ped. And we lent him items becuase he was a member of society and thought we could trust him. He like to hunt and mine and was a skilled player we talked to all the time. He was a it flighty with PED OBVIOUSLY but we never felt any of our stuff was at risk as he lent stuff to us and we returned and vice versa. It turns out that him having all our stuff on him was ripe for the pickings. What we dont know killed us. So to the old Legion please dont flame him.. But the new Legion(RJ) had racked up significant debt unbeknownst to us in his society. Now its in the hands of someone else and i dont know if he or she knew it belonged to us but now that person should return it to its rightful owners.

I sold my ava long ago, cause i knew the guy i sold it to was gonna get a lot of money eventually but i was willing to wait. He then also borrowed money from other ppl before getting his money and i guess it somehow got out of hands and got blown up and they wanted their money back.

He also had the sof hangar deed on him, and some other stuff and a few k skills i guess.

He gave the login a few days ago to the ppl he owed the most money and yes it's a lot.

They or atleast one of them ripped the ava of almost everything it had. I still havent gotten anything though.

But i'm 99% sure that the guy i did sell my ava to is going to get money.

This is in essence roughly what has happened.

Windswept said:
Yes there are 2 sides there was the old Legion and the new legion. Simply put We did not know the NEW legion was in debt to anyone by this much ped. And we lent him items becuase he was a member of society and thought we could trust him. He like to hunt and mine and was a skilled player we talked to all the time. He was a it flighty with PED OBVIOUSLY but we never felt any of our stuff was at risk as he lent stuff to us and we returned and vice versa. It turns out that him having all our stuff on him was ripe for the pickings. What we dont know killed us. So to the old Legion please dont flame him.. But the new Legion(RJ) had racked up significant debt unbeknownst to us in his society. Now its in the hands of someone else and i dont know if he or she knew it belonged to us but now that person should return it to its rightful owners.

ok so the ava soldLegion (gave away but easier to understand) was in your soc and got lots of ped and items from you then gave them to someone else or that soldLegion ava changed hands?

Holy-Moly!!!! Please explain situation including names!!!! :wise:

Legion said:
He gave the login a few days ago to the ppl he owed the most money and yes it's a lot.

ok so there was no goldcard on the ava then or this wouldnt be possible, finally getting closer to understand...

so one of the ppl this guy owed peds to stripped his ava of all items... and tbh are you really sure this is not the same guy stripping it all and blaming it on others? (sounds like a complex scam to me from someone who obviously coulnd not be trusted?)

i wont post any names.

Legion, so you gave away your username and password and goldcard to 2 people before you even took payment for your avatar?

BTW that story you heard about how he was 'going to get lots of money eventually' I heard off one of the other people who he has taken money from. Seems like whatever the story is hes used it on many people and its worked.

I never liked the guy who took over that avatar anyways. he was a jerk.

Whenever I saw him I would say in town "oh thats the fake legion. tell the real one to stop goofing off in wow and come back."

and now you're back!

so .. he never paid you for anything?

kygon said:
ok so there was no goldcard on the ava then or this wouldnt be possible, finally getting closer to understand...

so one of the ppl this guy owed peds to stripped his ava of all items... and tbh are you really sure this is not the same guy stripping it all and blaming it on others? (sounds like a complex scam to me from someone who obviously coulnd not be trusted?)

there was a goldcard. he got it after i gave the login to him for the sale so to speak, but since you can generate a few of them he could give the login details to the ones he owed cash including some goldcard numbers and they could log on.

Poor decisions were made by alot of people based on Lies. Show me the money or you get nothing i say. Anyways there are items on the Avatar that are not Legions or RJs or whomever... We as long time members of SoF and this game would like them back as we have too lost out to Legion in our own ways now we lose even more.

*Sigh* one person has ruined so many others. There is a morale high ground here. Who is going to take it?

SIBUK said:
Legion, so you gave away your username and password and goldcard to 2 people before you even took payment for your avatar?

BTW that story you heard about how he was 'going to get lots of money eventually' I heard off one of the other people who he has taken money from. Seems like whatever the story is hes used it on many people and its worked.

damnit read it again!

No i didnt give away the goldcard, the new owned of my ava bought one after he got it, and then he gave this info to those two he owed most cash.

Like i said im not here to denounce the person who has our stuff i am here to ask that he/she return what is ours we worked very hard for it. I understand debts have to be paid but not with other peoples stuff... if EF legion is so sure he will get the money for his sale then the others owed money should simply wait. keeping our stuff or selling it will only make more impossible to get back...

I wish you guys luck, and sorry to see this happen.. and I can relate as things like this have happened to me.

GL

Ouch that's a pretty big loss :(

Unfortunately I can only confirm that I heard about his story of getting money in the future as I know nothing of the loans/debts or who took the items.

All the best with recovering your items.

- Deathifier

Thanks for the wors of remorse guys, i appreciate it.. I hope that as a community we can come to some sort of middle ground in this situation or just learn another stupid lesson about a game that really doesnt protect anyone from harm. Its almost as though a virtual universe is subject to more greed and distrust than the real world. Not a very good business model if you ask me.

sounds like bad decisions made all around. in a game where there is no possibility of accountability, either in person, or through MA, NOTHING should be loaned out without fully understanding that it could be lost. im having a hard time understanding exactly what happened here, but i sure wouldnt expect to see any of my stuff ever again. sad to say, this has happened many times before.

no this isnt someone who took sold out and left ame it is someone wo still plays the game alot and has our stuff.. there is a chance to settle up with us. willingly.

Status
Back