Suggestion: Use Old Concept to Streamline Interplanetary Travel Without Screwing Over Warp Ship Operators

Would you like faster interplanetary travel for 7 PED?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah i remember well, people were paying the 40ped transport fee for the tp, explored the other planet then payed it again to return to calypso and stayed there most of them not finding it worthwhile to spent 40ped again - then when space opened up and other planets could suddendly be frequently reached for a fraction of the cost thats when the back and forth travel really picked up (and local planet auction houses deserted).
Every change has consequences and while some may love to remember a 'golden age' where there was none it should be considered that transport and activity in entropia has been steadily increasing as of late for some time now -- it may have taken awhile for mindark to consider their planetpartners as 'partners' but we got there in the end and other planets are starting to pick up in speed of development.
Who said there had to be a fee of 40ped. Free teleporters or keeping the 7ped would be fine by me. The annoying thing now is all the hassle it bringe to get around playing and with a non working economy on all planets but caly we always have to return to sell. Most don't bother and stay at caly (look at EL activity) but I think more would play around the universe if the hassle was gone.

Who said there had to be a fee of 40ped. Free teleporters or keeping the 7ped would be fine by me. The annoying thing now is all the hassle it bringe to get around playing and with a non working economy on all planets but caly we always have to return to sell. Most don't bother and stay at caly (look at EL activity) but I think more would play around the universe if the hassle was gone.
Calypso now is larger then it ever was, no calypsian is forced to go anywhere else to 'play' - and last i checked rocktropians are happy amoung themselfs as are monrians and toulaniens , next island has a flourishing acitivity going with strong activity of some highcycling players as well and many high mu items regulary lootet there, arkadia is about to launch gold rush and cyrene has just now introduced booths and has many good mu items as well as a strong local community of dedicated hunters.

Calypso now is larger then it ever was, no calypsian is forced to go anywhere else to 'play' - and last i checked rocktropians are happy amoung themselfs as are monrians and toulaniens , next island has a flourishing acitivity going with strong activity of some highcycling players as well and many high mu items regulary lootet there, arkadia is about to launch gold rush and cyrene has just now introduced booths and has many good mu items as well as a strong local community of dedicated hunters.

Do you have any stats to backup that claim? If the playerbase has increased in total I don't doubt that caly has increased because the other planets recruit players that eventually leave the planet because it's not sustainable to hunt/mine/craft there due to a non working economy.

Nobody are not forced to but I want it to happend so the other planets can shine also. I don't want a planet partner to fail before they relize that this isn't working. The planet partners are doing a great job with dev and ideas only to get shafted by space and MA that prefer it to be like it is because they own calypso. I don't even remember how long we have been doing this but it's prolly been 10 years with space now and it isn't working still so why should it suddenly start work tomorrow if there is no change.

Those high cycling players all fly back to caly to sell their loot or have a huge bankroll so the warp cost is of no matter anymore. Those also don't solve the issue with caly having the only working economy. You need to have many players off all trades to make it work. Those are not going to move if it's a hassle for them to get materials or sell what they loot. They just stay on caly to play and enjoy their game.

I've been on cyrene the last week and it's basically dead. Nothing of decent value trades, listings on auction is low and I haven't been able to even buy a decent fap for a week there. It's close to empty when you run around. I listed a lot of generic stuff on auction, cheap and listed to insta sell but it all timed out like it used to do and just one single item was sold. The economy is basicaly dead. Every hunter I speak with have the same impression and just bite the dust and warp back forth. To those that cycle some the warp cost means nothing but to many this is a substantial cost and eat away their markup.

You keep forgetting that nobody is looking to ruin the value of motherships. We just want the game to be better and I'm sure there is more ways to skin a cat so they can find a way for MS to be usefull without beeing just a hassle and obstacle for most the players. It's just repeating what haven't worked for 10years and expect it to work fine on the 11th isn't a good strategy.

And at last. How much PEDs do you have invested in space with your mothership? Isn't it the most valuable in the game? Can I ask if this could influence the discussion and your opinion about this? I see a lot of good suggestions in all these space threads but again and again you keep defending a system that doesn't work. The poll in this thread shows that 80% agreed (70%) or don't care also and all ideas that are mention are just killed by you everytime this is discussed. I just want the game to evolve, the universe to be active and that all planets work and survive. All this without a conflict of interest.

And at last. How much PEDs do you have invested in space with your mothership? Isn't it the most valuable in the game? Can I ask if this could influence the discussion and your opinion about this? I see a lot of good suggestions in all these space threads but again and again you keep defending a system that doesn't work. The poll in this thread shows that 80% agreed (70%) or don't care also and all ideas that are mention are just killed by you everytime this is discussed. I just want the game to evolve, the universe to be active and that all planets work and survive. All this without a conflict of interest.
I think if they had brought about the cargo missions as promised, there could be so much more flexibility in what could be done with space, without screwing over those already invested there, keeping pps with incoming traffic, and ensuring those who just want to skip it can. I am not against interplanetary TPs, some people do just really want to get there super fast - but such luxury would have to come at a cost (circa what it used to be), and this used as per the cargo missions style to not just be a fee to MA, but utilised in the over all space design.

That way everyone gets what they want;
Those who want to move "RIGHT NOW!" can do, but at an greater cost.
Those who want to fly with a big ship can do, at a much reduced cost, but will have to get on a flight.
Those who want to fly themselves in a small ship can do, with next to no cost, but at much greater time taken.

And lastly, space becomes more vibrant and lively with the cargo & transport missions fee pool being something players work on, whilst adding continued investment in resources and crew.

(but all this has been said already at the start of the thread, now going round in circles thanks to a "mysterious" bump...)

Last edited:
Of course its bias. Buy out the motherships and revamp spacetravel. It completely sucks with how the system works right now.

Of course its bias. Buy out the motherships and revamp spacetravel. It completely sucks with how the system works right now.
always nice when you can disregard comments of others and just call them biased - i also have mod shadow and bp-130 T9 as well as lvl257 ranged blp - so maybe biased to planetside hunting too with too much invested ? or maybe the fact that my planetside invest is as much as my space invest balances it out ? ;)
Go back to the start of the thread and read up on some good suggestions that would also incorporate the long promised cargo mission system to connect planets better and provide flights faster and more readily.

always nice when you can disregard comments of others and just call them biased - i also have mod shadow and bp-130 T9 as well as lvl257 ranged blp - so maybe biased to planetside hunting too with too much invested ? or maybe the fact that my planetside invest is as much as my space invest balances it out ? ;)
Go back to the start of the thread and read up on some good suggestions that would also incorporate the long promised cargo mission system to connect planets better and provider flights faster and more readily.

So you judge yourself as not biased in this discussion as the owner of the most expensive mothership in the game? Noted.

So you judge yourself as not biased in this discussion as the owner of the most expensive mothership in the game? Noted.
I consider my biggest invest in this game the time i have 'lived' in it and the bonds i have formed with others and hence why i care deeply about its success and appeal to a large audience into the future.
Throwing content in the bin and shutting down whole segments of entropias economy isnt gonna help anyone - whenever you start treating an economy like its in a recession you are just asking for it to happen.
Right now entropias economy is booming, its time to expand to build on all the corners of its economy to enhance to grow - this isnt the time of selfdestruction just because you dont like something.

I consider my biggest invest in this game the time i have 'lived' in it and the bonds i have formed with others and hence why i care deeply about its success and appeal to a large audience into the future.
Throwing content in the bin and shutting down whole segments of entropias economy isnt gonna help anyone - whenever you start treating an economy like its in a recession you are just asking for it to happen.
Right now entropias economy is booming, its time to expand to build on all the corners of its economy to enhance to grow - this isnt the time of selfdestruction just because you dont like something.

We all have invested time in this game but money talks. The only negative voices I see when we are talking about improving the game by doing massive changes to space is the ones heavly invested in it. Almost everyone else want a change so the game improves. This simple poll even showed that.

In this case, when it's tried for 10years and proven not to work the bin IS the proper place. Or atleast sit down at the drawing board and mage massive changes. I'm repeating myself here but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome isn't gonna work this time either.

We are not talking about selfdestruction of the economy here. Quite the oposite with saving what's left of non working planet partners economy. Calypso and high end market is booming yeah but it may skyrocket if people can hunt all over the place and enjoy every part of the game.

We all have invested time in this game but money talks. The only negative voices I see when we are talking about improving the game by doing massive changes to space is the ones heavly invested in it. Almost everyone else want a change so the game improves. This simple poll even showed that.

In this case, when it's tried for 10years and proven not to work the bin IS the proper place. Or atleast sit down at the drawing board and mage massive changes. I'm repeating myself here but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome isn't gonna work this time either.

We are not talking about selfdestruction of the economy here. Quite the oposite with saving what's left of non working planet partners economy. Calypso and high end market is booming yeah but it may skyrocket if people can hunt all over the place and enjoy every part of the game.
You will find more suggestion by me on how to constructively change space for the better on this forum then from all your anti-space friends combined and none of them tries to use a wrecking ball claiming its only for the best ;)
Before you keep claiming that you are the one 'rescuing' planetpartners better try to get a single planetpartner to support your ideas of destruction - if you dont have any planet partner to agreed with you, you dont have any ship owner agreeing with you and you dont have mindark agreeing with you - all you have is a small group of disgruntled space haters trying to destroy what other players care about instead of comming up with suggestions that work for 'all sides' for the better.

You will find more suggestion by me on how to constructively change space for the better on this forum then from all your anti-space friends combined and none of them tries to use a wrecking ball claiming its only for the best ;)
Before you keep claiming that you are the one 'rescuing' planetpartners better try to get a single planetpartner to support your ideas of destruction - if you dont have any planet partner to agreed with you, you dont have any ship owner agreeing with you and you dont have mindark agreeing with you - all you have is a small group of disgruntled space haters trying to destroy what other players care about instead of comming up with suggestions that work for 'all sides' for the better.

But all of them includes space beeing the same obstacle for regular players right?

They are tied down by NDA's and their work with MA ofcourse they can't go public saying MA is doing a bad job at this. Doing so with a company you are working with is bad business ethics even if it wasn't controlled by an NDA. I know that I will never get any space ship owners with me on this because they can't think if another way to use space than a obstacle for other players paying up ^^

I am curious, how do you think it will suddenly start working after 10 years of not working? The economy on all planets but calypso is dead that is a fact. Should we just wait 10 years more doing nothing and see if it's better or would a change be a better aproach?

Quite honestly, I remember the players who invested in "Hangars" and got shafted years ago, yet never came to forums and whined about it.
Watching the arguments and replies over last few years on Space thread really is self absorbed investing as I think those folks were shafted long before and I could add names but I won't.

Quite honestly, I remember the players who invested in "Hangars" and got shafted years ago, yet never came to forums and whined about it.
Watching the arguments and replies over last few years on Space thread really is self absorbed investing as I think those folks were shafted long before and I could add names but I won't.
100% agree to this.
From the things i have heard its like children in a playground.

I don't think MA need to shaft the current owners. I'm sure there are ways to make space usefull in other ways than being an obstacle for regular players and the economy.

The owners or those with a huge conflict of interest are however scared of MA shafting them like they did to hangar owners. You can see it here in the replies above from the two biggest MS owners ingame. While I can understand that I don't think it's fair to keep space as it is limiting growth of the game just to keep a very limited group of players happy. There are lots of suggestions to use space in other ways and I hope they realize this soon and improve the game to everyone. There might even be possibilities to make the ships even more valuable than now.

I don't think MA need to shaft the current owners. I'm sure there are ways to make space usefull in other ways than being an obstacle for regular players and the economy.

The owners or those with a huge conflict of interest are however scared of MA shafting them like they did to hangar owners. You can see it here in the replies above from the two biggest MS owners ingame. While I can understand that I don't think it's fair to keep space as it is limiting growth of the game just to keep a very limited group of players happy. There are lots of suggestions to use space in other ways and I hope they realize this soon and improve the game to everyone. There might even be possibilities to make the ships even more valuable than now.
I completely agree.

This game has always involved player interaction for all aspects of the game. Space is no different and will never change.
Lets start with giving Mothership owners the additional features that were advertised with the offer of the initial sale.

The return of Alt accounts every couple of months to rekindle this pointless debate is getting old.

This game has always involved player interaction for all aspects of the game. Space is no different and will never change.
Lets start with giving Mothership owners the additional features that were advertised with the offer of the initial sale.

The return of Alt accounts every couple of months to rekindle this pointless debate is getting old.
Neither me, mega or rose is alts. We have in-game avatars..

DigitalWetAngel is impersonating the real Digital WetAngel Knightz, who is a friend of mine in game. I have spoke with them about this and will be reporting it to MA.

We have seen many Hatchlings appear spreading the same narrative and names used to impersonate old or existing players to try and slander ship owners. potentially trying to give those people bad reputations. The person or people behind this campaign are cowards.

Last edited:
DigitalWetAngel is impersonating the real Digital WetAngel Knightz, who is a friend of mine in game. I have spoke with them about this and will be reporting it to MA.

We have seen many Hatchlings appear spreading the same narrative and names used to impersonate old or existing players to try and slander ship owners. potentially trying to give those people bad reputations. The person or people behind this campaign are cowards.
its sad geo when people want to be me. i had to remember my login just to comment on this post

I LOVE IT HOW THIS IDIOT IS TRYING TO BE ME. THAT GUY IS A FAKE. IF U DONT BELIEVE ME MSG ME IN GAME DIGITAL WETANGEL KNIGHTZ

Well, you know how MA takes baby steps... for years even. We do now have extended non-pvp in space, so the simplest next step would be to 'climb out' of pvp to level off at a universe-wide pvp-free altitude of 3000+, and then descend again in the destination safe space...

To make it more interesting, maybe put in some robot pirate ships that leech you of a very small percentage of your loot and stash it in containers at remote outposts guarded by a pirate boss or so. The loot on the boss could be scanned first by a new tool (yep, a loot tool), so everyone could decide on when to gather the spoils...
Or give us space mining? Cargo missions? Like, you know, 'promised' years ago...

Instant tp to other planets for 7PED would be great.
I don't have time to search a warp or fly there myself.

Doesn't even have to be a regular tp. making use of the old hangars with an animation like in the olden days would be fine too.

they could use the 7ped fee to buy out mothership owners or compensate them some other way.

So because you don't have time for space, (read can't be bothered to try), those of us that have invested not just ped but considerable amounts of time running warp services, fighting pirates, operating skill ships, space hunting etc should all become an irrelevancy bought out by MA... Many players enjoy space, many others accept that a universe has 'space' between planets, and that time to travel is a natural consequence of that, a few don't like it, and that's ok. But that anyone would want the whole concept of a Universe to change to a bunch of LAs called planets linked by TPs is simply silly and selfish.

As for MA buying out ship owners...boy would that open a can of worms.
When they bought out the hangar owners all hangars were a standard price and therefore a standard compensation, but I very much doubt that any 2 warpships in EU now have same SI, and therefore don't have same value, not to mention the engineering devices, warp drives, BPs etc that go with. The argument over valuations would run into the next century, not to mention if a fair price were actually paid, MA would have a large hole in their budget, and would likely charge 70 ped a go to try and fill it. Please remember the old hangar TPs were not 7 ped they were more like 40 or 45 I believe

Also ofc all those 'old hangars' are player owned - or did you want MA to repossess those and demand the compensation they paid out to owners returned ?

This can be done be repurposing ships and slowly devaluation of them like with everything else in this game. They never said it was never to be changed. When it doesn’t work for the majority of the playerbase over 10+ Years and the economies on all other planets than clay isn’t working it’s about time to address the elephant in the room.

Back