Question: Using a rental service, what would you want to be available to use?

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
Hello, I am Xanato, I run a couple of different rental services and I would like some feedback on how I could better serve the community. This thread is not for people who refuse to rent and only use items they own. This is for the people that may or may not rent items depending on whether I can fulfill their needs. Here is a link to my rental service so you can check it out before answering my questions if you wish to do so. Tinyurl.com/XksRentals

My question is what kind of needs do you have or want filled?
What would you look for when renting items?
What kind of pricing would you like to see? What kind of structuring? I currently have it set up for daily rentals and then negotiate for longer term rentals like a week or month according to the users needs.
What Items would you like to see made available? I am currently focusing on high-end Mayhem event winning weapons for their categories, all the rings I can get my hands on so players have a nice assortment to choose from, and Limited Armor so people do not need to own multiple sets and have ped tied up in them.
Would blueprints with high QR or 100 QR be something worth making available? I have acquired a nice selection of blueprints over the years and thought I might make them available for people to use. So if yes what would be fair pricing for them? You can only click a fixed amount an hour, so would an hourly rate be good, or a flat rate for a day, or for something like EP4 a % of HoFs/Globals? What kind of system want?

I also own an investment fund based on my services that also offers benefits for investors, they get paid dividends for shares just like deeds, and the shares can be used for collateral for anything rented and would also receive some of their money back refunded in the form of their dividends from shares.
I have added various perks for being an investor like an extra discount on rentals. But I would like to know what kind of 'Perks' would you want to see for investors?

MindArk has left us without a safe way to complete loan/rental transactions so I am putting in the time an energy to fill the void that they refuse to fill. I know that in some societies players loan each other items all the time a lot of times without collateral but that requires a lot of trust and risk, the system I am building eliminates as much of the risk as possible so I am seeking feedback on how I can make the system better.

I thank you in advance for your feedback. Please keep the comments constructive. If you have no intention on ever using a rental service and only use items you own I would please ask that you refrain from posting, unless you have some constructive ideas that would make you consider using a service like this.
I am also accepting feedback on my service fund idea and how it pertains to rentals.
Have a wonderful day.

You have very good items, it is incrediblservice but...

sadly the lack of a "return item safely at end of loan" feature in game engine
requires the collateralization of item.
that is also why "Banks" are just useless pawn shops with outrageous rates
keep the good work, and you are already using the "best of available world" options

keep the good work, and you are already using the "best of available world" options

I know the 'return item safely at the end of loan' is impossible to guarantee. I am just doing my best to mitigate that problem as much as possible, like you said using the best of what is available. And typically the majority of people that would not return the item are not willing to pay more than an items value to obtain it, so that weeds almost all of the would be thieves.

I thank you for the positive feedback!

this.

rings

Shame on MA for not making renting feature for 15 years

Back