Using a VPN and being blocked

Photon

Elite
Society
Shaolin
Photonic Edge
I'm pretty security conscious and use a VPN all the time. Of late, I notice that I'm unable to log into Entropia if I have the VPN turned on - it just stalls after putting in my authentication and 2 factor. To be clear, I live in London and connect to a London based VPN. This is not some scheme to connect to a Stockholm VPN to benefit from any perceived special loot return.

Are Mindark blocking connections that come through VPN? How on earth can they know this?

@Mindark If you're here, I'd appreciate an opinion.

I use a VPN for certain things online. I dont use my VPN for playing EU as I noticed really bad latency when I do this. Also on occasion, the game and in particular the chat boxes dont load when I use a VPN

Reactions: Mac
MA will most likely lock you from your account if they see your location change (with a VPN) so I would advise against using one.

I know with other online games, many VPN IPs are blacklisted by the companies. I don’t know if MA tracks bad IPs but it could also be a good reason not to use one for EU.

I’m sure a misunderstanding would get resolved but MA often takes many months to do so, not ideal when real money is on the line.

Step by step profit tutorial, it's missing some steps but maybe this helps.

1. Turn on VPN
2. Put VPN on Sweden
15. Profit

On topic; No idea if they block you for this. I've used a VPN a couple of times in the past and didn't have issues.

Had a similar strange thing happen yesterday. Based in Sweden but took a quick "trip" to Denmark to buy some keys, couldn't enter the site and only saw the flag of Ukraine, felt like I was in Russia, had to go to Norway to enter the site lol. Lots of travel in one day

Last edited:
I use surfshark vpn, I've never been able to successfully get into the game with vpn on, no matter the location, I can go through the login procedure, then it just sits there looking like it's going to do something, and never does. As soon as I turn off my VPN it works.

Well let me tell you something unless you are using an Onion based VPN the use of Virtual Private Network, is just tell the VPN servers owners what kind of traffic you use to do. The use of VPN is wrong but ppl thinks they are doing the right think LOL.

Even Tor based VPN are not safe anymore so rethink the use of the internet if you are not smart enough to know where are you going.

Mindark is likely using a list generated from a 3rd-party that lists all the External IPs of those VPN services. If they see a inbound connection from an Anonymizer, its going to get rejected. You might be able to get past this by using a lesser known VPN service or setting up something in a cloud instance and setting up your own VPN. :)

Thanks for the advice folks - much appreciated!

I've logged into the game and played extensively from all over the world, no problem. I usually don't use the VPN, though.

Swedish servers don't seem to give better loot, btw.

Although Tor offers more anonymity (encryption is similar, though a VPN running OpenVPN 256 is technically stronger, though both are fine) Tor frequently breaks websites, is slow, and won't play videos, especially if it calls for a 1st party script, forcing you to modify the Tor browser and jeopardizing your privacy. For mission-critical, anonymous communication, https://shiftproxy.io is best. A VPN is a way to go if all you want is privacy so your ISP won't be able to see what you're doing online, to pirate without receiving a letter, to get around Netflix's geo-restrictions and stream movies.

Last edited:
Back