Question: Vaccine mission

what nice markup?
I could of bought angel gloves or feet yesterday but didn't. I thought I'd wait till I have more tokens to buy a few more pieces. Thanks to you now I/we all know I won't be getting a full tt angel set :(. And what do you mean by nice markup KIM, the tokens are selling for 1ped each & I wouldn't even pay more than 10pecs per token. How much more markup we talking about here, 10ped per token? This is really unrealistic as well as unsustainable, watch people stop buying them after a while, guess I'll just wait then.

Buying 1400 tokens at 10pecs each makes my angel purchase at around 130%. Which isn't bad if you look at martial but I don't buy martial. But now with 15-20% of TT missing is just not worth my time anymore. I've given up now on these new token missions, have not even completed all the missions yet on the eastern island & I've spent at least a week there hunting mobs I dislike!!! (mermoths, chirpy's, jamraiders & bugs mainly) I'm going back to my iron challenge I'm more at home there anyway.

Damn, the token items aren't full TT? :eyecrazy:
Thanks for the warning!

what nice markup? that they are more expensive to buy then to just buy the traders items? hence its better to sell them.

why aren't those 'interesting' items in there already?

and WHY do you give the items not even full tt? so i got a angel part 29ped in stead of 33ped tt, i see this as a sleezy greedy move of MA, in stead of showing ur greed why not have the trader ask for more tokens?
4ped missing out of 33, roughly 15% , 125tokens + 15% = like 140-145tokens , for a full tt item and no one would have been the wiser on how fucking greedy you are.

What? Oh no, why oh why would anybody give out non-full TT limited items? This is so bad :(

What? Oh no, why oh why would anybody give out non-full TT limited items? This is so bad :(

Why does it take a catastrophe for everyone else to finally notice how terrible something is.

:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

I will investigate why they were set to that TT value and if possible alter the future rewards so that they have full TT.

I will investigate why they were set to that TT value and if possible alter the future rewards so that they have full TT.

Really makes sense to reward the ones who haven't used you're new system & not refund the ones who did uctually find this out the hard way.
Guess some ppl are TOKEN :laugh:

Well, if not possible, could the interface at least display the TT value? Lots of uncertainty involved in buying a pig in a poke.

Buying 1400 tokens at 10pecs each makes my angel purchase at around 130%. Which isn't bad if you look at martial but I don't buy martial. But now with 15-20% of TT missing is just not worth my time anymore. I've given up now on these new token missions, have not even completed all the missions yet on the eastern island & I've spent at least a week there hunting mobs I dislike!!! (mermoths, chirpy's, jamraiders & bugs mainly) I'm going back to my iron challenge I'm more at home there anyway.

Sorry Mark, but you suck at math. If you can buy tokens for 10 pec each (I don't understand why anybody would sell that cheaply), you would get 1400 tokens for 140 ped. The full TT of Angel set is 363 ped, you would get the suit for a 61% discount. So you could get half-TT suit and still be better off. If we treat Angel as the benchmark for tokens, a has a virtual TT value of not less than 24 pec (harness is 99 ped and takes 400 tokens).

The sad thing is ... if we assume the amgel TT rate is set for harness, and then applied to other parts, we get the TT value of the 33 ped, 125 token parts to be (99/400)*125~ 30 ped. Which to me tells the token amounts of the parts are simply wrongly calculated and result in lower TT pieces being handed out.

Edit: More math - if we assume that all parts of Angel(l) have the same TT to tokens rate, the expected TT values for the other parts from 29 ped for 125 tokens would be:

1. 92.8 ped for harness instead of 99 ped
  2. 60 ped for thigh guards/arms instead of 66

Last edited:

the reason why is ur company is fucking greedy and doesnt care to bring out all kind of tricks to squeeze money from us.

u dont need to find that our for me i already know.

Try to think of it more as a bonus, if you were hunting normally without doing the mission you would only get the normal loot. It is also likely that the mission tokens will have a nice markup value once I put in some more interesting items on the token trader.

kim,

marco said some time ago that there would be iron missions for all mobs eventually,can cou confirm that this is still valid ?
or will all new missions and rewards from now on be like the last missions(at islands + tokens)

kim,

marco said some time ago that there would be iron missions for all mobs eventually,can cou confirm that this is still valid ?
or will all new missions and rewards from now on be like the last missions(at islands + tokens)

marco also said they would remove 'no loot' from the system, and here we are a dead no loot sand king later...

the reason why is ur company is fucking greedy and doesnt care to bring out all kind of tricks to squeeze money from us.

u dont need to find that our for me i already know.

Though I think this token thing is not that good an idea, dont scream at him if he says he will investigate the non full tt angel piece.
I'm sure he did not intend it to be 3/4 tt or whatever, and to be honest, neither did we.
Wait till it's fixed.

Wait till it's fixed.

yes, waiting... until fixed... otherwise... related missions will remain open for indefinite period... and then probable abandonment! :(

kim,

No I have not changed my mind on this subject regardless of what Marco has said in the past.

pity,i kinda like the iron missions,
thx for the reply :)

Yea I like them aswell, more fun than regular grinding. I think you will be happy with mission tokens eventually once we get some more interesting rewards into the game.

Yea I like them aswell, more fun than regular grinding. I think you will be happy with mission tokens eventually once we get some more interesting rewards into the game.

for me personally the skillrewards were the motivating factor in doing the missions,but if the tokens prove to be more popular and thus gets more people hunting its all good :)

for me personally the skillrewards were the motivating factor in doing the missions,but if the tokens prove to be more popular and thus gets more people hunting its all good :)

Yeah, I'd have to agree, and as per the forum poll, more than 70% of respondents liked the skill gain rewards.

nice tips, ty all

Permanent increases to the quality of my avatar that cannot be bought with coin or the flash of a thigh is what motivates me (aka attribute gains=win)

Ok, so your doing away with future iron challenges, and were losing the attribute/skill gains rewards in future.

As an idea, can you not have an NPC sell attribute gains using tokens, as well as limited items?

I'd rather pay for an extra agility point, than pay for something that will ultimetly decay to nothing.

Your thoughts on this Kim?

Permanent increases to the quality of my avatar that cannot be bought with coin or the flash of a thigh is what motivates me (aka attribute gains=win)

Exactly. Whats up with not being able to kill 16600 Traeskeron (and about 3K prancer in the process) to get another point of Stamina? Or 16600 Gokibusagi to get more stamina while killing gobs of other mobs they are mixed with?

Ok, so your doing away with future iron challenges, and were losing the attribute/skill gains rewards in future.

As an idea, can you not have an NPC sell attribute gains using tokens, as well as limited items?

I'd rather pay for an extra agility point, than pay for something that will ultimetly decay to nothing.

Your thoughts on this Kim?

This is a terrible idea.

Attributes are the one thing that are not about whoever has the fattest wallet, and should stay that way.

This is a terrible idea.

Attributes are the one thing that are not about whoever has the fattest wallet, and should stay that way.

No attributes are about who got into the game way before the skill-nerf on who didn't. Think it's a nice idea to be able to ' chip in' attributes. Makes me wonder if there is a max amount of attributes you can have :)

No attributes are about who got into the game way before the skill-nerf on who didn't. Think it's a nice idea to be able to ' chip in' attributes. Makes me wonder if there is a max amount of attributes you can have :)
Seen avatars with 2000
I have 370 total in 4 yrs (not gonna climb much anymore).

I would like a way to make up the 8 points of stamina I don't have for not starting early, though

I think you should have attributes left in future Iron missions (and the following missions in this chain)
and remove skillsrewards. Give us tokens instead of skills, thats ok for missions that will come.
But only give tokens... well, can only see it from my p.o.v here, but no matter what you give
us in the "token shop", I doubt it will be worth grinding 16600 mobs for it.
I mean a armor part, that initself is pretty good, but will only last some week/s, for me, it
just isn't worth it.
It's nice to have a reward that is constant and nontradeable. Rewards like that have a meaning imo. :)

This is a terrible idea.

Why exactly is this a terrible idea?

I've spent a small fortune doing these new missions, and for what, 90-100 tokens?
Yes, they will increase no doubt, but I would like to buy what I like to buy with them, and not something that will last a few weeks, then break.
I have better armour than angel, why would I want to buy that for?
Or the guns, that needs a tremendous amount of tokens to get.

Granted, he did say he was adding more stuff eventualy, but again, I dont want limited stuff that lasts a week or 2.

So attribute gains with tokens imo is not a bad idea.
Anyway, this is all off topic, so i'll stop :)

Back