Validation.

Windswept

Guardian
Society
SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
Windswept Winds Tundra
Ok this one has been 6 years in the making and many of you know me and many of you dont. I have a bunch of things to say so please bear with me. First of all this is why i am here today.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I have very good mining skills. I have been in the game since the day it went gold and i messed around a bit in open beta. So much has changed since those days but one thing has remained constant and that is my love for mining. Those that know me can tell you thats all i do and i am very forth coming with info on how to mine efficiently. I have seen many miners come and go. Hell i remember when Strakkan and i used to bump into each other all the time north of echidna cuz that was the latest greatest place to mine. ( i wonder if he even remembers that) Anyways ...

First i would like to thank my society above all things. Through the years they have supported my efforts to mine efficiently and many of them i have trained to do so. I did piss and moan quite a bit about how after 6 years i would love to have a spot on the ATH list. Through all my negative comments they have managed to encourage me and push me to become a better miner.

Burns - I want to thank our society leader for recognizing my experience and talent at taking small amounts of ped and turning every mining run he funded into a profit. 16 runs and never lost ped gotta be a record.

Unique - I want to thank Unique for his efforts to keep me safe in PVP 4 at the drop of a hat when i found something nice in there and was afraid to pull it out. Many times he would drop what he was doing and come running to fend off other players. I appreciate it greatly.

Droid - I want to thank Droid for complaining about mining just as much as myself. Together we have seen alot of changes in the game and have been able to adapt and complain lol. Either way thanks Droid for talking shop with me.

Auktuma - Well what can i say, Auk has remained my biggest proponent for my continued efforts in the game. I want to thank Auk for all the times he paid above market price for my ores to keep my head above water. Also his interest in my theories and experiments on timing and spawn cycles. Every time i felt like making a drastic decision he has pulled my head out of the clouds and has spoken to me with respect and understanding regarding how best to be economical in game and to reserve my plans to take risk. Without his logical demeanor i may have done many a things that i would later have regretted. Also thanks for all the tools Auk. When you made your first Adapted of-213 you let me take it and run with it without hesitation for a fair price.... Just the night before my ATH we had a good long insightful discussion about mining and my plans for the future and his advice changed my strategy and put me back in line with what i KNEW and not what i wanted to try to find out. Sometimes miners are so guilty of changing how they mine because of a dry spell or 2 . Stick with what you know and experiment when you ped card can afford it.

Anyways Thanks to all you guys that congratulated me and in advance to those that will.

I know i speak as though i hit a million ped and i didnt but what i got most out of this deposit is validation for all my years of playing and paying. I love mentoring people and offering mining lessons and an entry in ATH list is great marketing for my skills and experience.

Lat thing i will tell you is that will all my high skills and knowledge i found this deposit with an of-211 and oa-103 amp. Dont ever assume that the latest greatest tool will make you rich.

Mining in EU comes down to one piece of advice.

KNOW WHEN/WHERE TO MINE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WHEN/WHERE NOT TO MINE... something i cover extensively in my Classes.

If you are interested in Mining classes i offer them on Sundays. PM me here if interested. Maybe i can give back to the community what the community has given to me.

Congratulations! A very nice post there. I always think its nice to acknowledge those who helped you on the way.

Good luck for the future

Well deserved

Hi Windswept,

When someone is as civilised and knowledgable as you I feel this ATH is very well deserved.

Congratulations on your precious find and good luck with the new found wealth!

Sincerely,

Zophon Zoo Lassiter

Great find and even better words. Thanks for sharing and continued prosperity to you.

Thanks for the well wishes and such .. i am answering PMs tonight about schedule for mining lessons. Will be this Sunday ill post times.

Gratz mate - You truely deserved this one more than most ppl.

Hell I might even show up for lessons from you - You are one of the ppl that have given me best advice about mining. You are not much of a chatter, but when you do chat, ppl should grab pen and paper and note down just about everything you say (Well unless we are bitching about ppl hitting the towers with no skills, a TT finder and 20 bombs hehe)

Again, you truely deserved this one, if not for anything else, then to listen to my stupid noob questions when I first ventured into serious mining :wtg:

Gratz Winds, you deserve it!

Glad to see you on the board and hope it stays up for a long time :D

(you might want to request a mod to move this to the uberloots or ATH sections so you can be gratz'ed)

Gratz on the find!
Very nice post, Sounds like you have a good group of friends. :)

EXCELLENT post!

This embodies the very spirit of mining!

UBER huge gratz, and may ore's follow in your path always, :yay:

Regards,
Tamn

p.s, If I had a hat I'd tip it, ;)

Nice one mate.

Always good to hear a Happy ending.

Shame it took so long though, But i guess thats the nature of this game.

GoodLuck in future mining runs, hope you fine the one thats triple in size.

As for me, out of 100 bombs(i think, was a while back now) I found 2 deposits worth 2.56ped total. LOL.
So i swiftly gave up mining.

Crighton
:)

Wow First off there is the congratulations on a nice find.
With the time and effort it is well deserved.

It is nice to see there may actually be alight at the end of the tunnel. I like the list of people you hvae as support. A few big names. It is nice to have friends to back you specially at that caliber.

As for your classes I may be interested to talk with you. I just unlocked mineral sense and have the gear.. and know the signs of when "Not". Its the when "To" that still eludes me. I have read all the theories both the intellegent AND the absurd and thru the last year and a half have tried em all either out of wanting the knowlege or at times out of despiration because of the times when NOTHING worked.

I am pretty sure with your offer to teach your mail box is now over full. after you weed out the bullshitters and the glory seekers pm me please when you may have time to meet.

So now that you got your UBER are you gonna go to
(CN)Disneyland?

Congratulations Windswept on a nice find and a very nice post. :wtg:

:tiphat:

Nicely done. 2 and half years and I'm still hoping for my first tower. Just completed my size collection upto XX. Sounds like you've had some very good advice over the years. And its never too late too learn. I would like to join you on a Sunday sometime. PM sent shortly.

Congratulations, nice find and nice post... its one thing to randomly find an ATH, its another when it comes in line with personal theories and believes, definetly adds another dimension to the prize :)

GZ :)

why noobs allways get all the big ones :)-

Gratz and good luck on future.

Gratz

I'm pretty sure all one needs to know about mining can be told in one sentence so gl with classes ;)

Thanks for all the kind words.

Gratz man. A well-deserved ATH.

PS. you have uber l33t MS Paint skillz :D "JOY!" lol

Hope the towers keep coming for you.

Back