FYI: VARNING!!! Watch your skills, some aren't registered properly!!!

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
So here we go again, that old bug is back.
Yesterday I had

117 Heavy Weapon
37 Vehicle Repair
16 Vehicle Technology,

today these are at

110 Heavy Weapon
30 Vehicle Repair
12 Vehicle Technology,

support case is done.
Not sure if more skills are reversed, got bored when I should put them
down in my excel-sheet.

EDIT Found that Electronics also had lost value.

Last edited:
again?!

last time this bug occured to me was when I log out too quickly (meaning get the skill and log right off, came back and the skill is gone)

I don't think this was ever fixed since I don't remember seeing one of the following things:

1. the community manager taking any of those actions:
a) responding to the ongoing "old" threads
b) posting on "Entropia Gateway" in acknowledgement or denial of this bug
c) whatever kind of activity a community manager is supposed to do....

2. Support cases not answered to the case other than "if it is an issue that needs fixation follow the support news"

3. Support news didn't acknowledge either fixation or denial of it being a bug

So.... It was never out for me.

So MA/FPC has start to do more then just nerfs.:D

Noticed this happened last night for my health. I reached an additional point as it said so in the chat. After awhile I logged off for the night. I came back in the morning and found that I was back at my old health level. Logged off again for the day, came back later and noticed it was up again to the additional point.

Weird.

Ok..Then no skilling before we hear from MA/FPC that they had fix this bug.

Started to notice this also

logged off yesterday with 801 dodge and today 800 .... hmmmm

I have wrote a letter to MA/FPC support about it because they to read Entropia Forum and they know about it sense 03-23-2010 so whay they have not dunn someting about it or if they like to steal skills from os who we have payed for.:mad:

But as we all know it takes them only few ours to fix bugs if they lose money on it. :)

So whay cant they fix this bug in few ours.!!!!

i seen this in the past but haven't noticed it recently. one solution i think is to wait 10 minutes after hunting, mining, craft, etc then log off.. guess i got to start that silly habit again..

MA FIX THIS PLEASE

kosmos

Reactions: Wed
i seen this in the past but haven't noticed it recently. one solution i think is to wait 10 minutes after hunting, mining, craft, etc then log off.. guess i got to start that silly habit again..

MA FIX THIS PLEASE

kosmos

Nice solution.....we all know that a hour cots about 1 dollar to be here so now we have to stay here 10 min extra to just ceep ours skills and pay extra about 16.6 cent when we want to log out.

Coolt MA/FPC a BIG NERF.:mad:

So the price to just be here has got up with 16.6 %.

Testing...

I did some hunting before i read this... used skill scanner to count my skills, total is xxx058.

Logged off and on and checked again:
xxx058.

So doesn't appear always.. will take a closer look now.

Noticed this happened last night for my health. I reached an additional point as it said so in the chat. After awhile I logged off for the night. I came back in the morning and found that I was back at my old health level. Logged off again for the day, came back later and noticed it was up again to the additional point.

Weird.

The displayed Health doesn't get updated till you relog, but it does take effect - you just can't see it right away.

It's a separate issue to the bug about losing skills, which I've personally never seen happen except due to server crashes.

Nice solution.....we all know that a hour cots about 1 dollar to be here so now we have to stay here 10 min extra to just ceep ours skills and pay extra about 16.6 cent when we want to log out.

Coolt MA/FPC a BIG NERF.:mad:

So the price to just be here has got up with 16.6 %.

Well, if you just stare at the screen, chat, check auctions, ... for ten minutes, it doesn't cost anything. In fact, playing gets cheaper since it's not 60 minutes that cost 1 USD, but 70 minutes :D:D:D

Yeah, I opened a support case during that thread. Their answer was, that everything looks fine in their logs.

That's a quite dumb answer. Why? If my client doesn't tell the server about all those skill gains, how are they supposed to show up in their logs??? In other words, if that data update doesn't happen within one hour and then the client crashes, the response of MA would be "well, you didn't do anything in the hour before the crash"!!!

:duh:

The funny thing is that in some circumstances the client doesn't tell the server about decay of items or ammo use either. So you may relog with the items repaired and more ammo... :rolleyes:

However, loot logging seems to work always. :scratch2: This may make sense as the loot balancing manager needs to be accurate.

In other words: there seem to be three different update cycles and two of them are broken.

i too noticed this - for other reasons i set my zone alarm to "ask me everytime" and noticed that at logoff EU tries to send data home. since i made a fixed entry to allow EU everything (in, out, around) and let the 20 second countdown always commence till end i have not lost skills since ... ?

maybe thats useful for some, maybe its just a coincidence ... ?

S.

Back