Very Disturbing Response

whats so disturbing? MA are a company - they are not going to get rid of big-depositors thanks to revival killing :p

Aio said:
whats so disturbing? MA are a company - they are not going to get rid of big-depositors thanks to revival killing :p

no but i know my boss would be really inhappy if i was that honest with a customer :s

GAH! when will people actually READ the DAMN sentence in context.

"In many cases the reported avatars has been depositing a lot of funds."

The response actually says that many cases are about big depositors. Meaning that how much you deposit DOES NOT MATTER!! I know someone that deposits a lot and was just locked for being an idiot.

as marco explained

Marco|MindArk said:
I don't normally address these kind of issues publicly, but as I feel some questions needs to be set straight, I will make an exception this time.

The wording sound bad, when it is out of context. I will not quote the actual support case, but I can say that the initiator wanted action to be taken due to the fact that the initiator is a depositor, ie that would suggest more power. Therefore Support's answer about "...depositor as well" (as in "as well as you have").

I hope that puts this non-issue at rest?

Aio said:

True. Kind of makes you wonder how far a big depositer will be allowed to push the limits of the COU and get away with it?

This is one incident out of many that someone who has deposited large sums of money ingame has been deemed above the law.

I personally tend to stay far,far away from these people (at least the rouge ones) knowing that reporting them will do diddly squat because I know MAs not going to do anything.

Btw Rex..I have reported some of these "Big-depositers" on numerous ocassions for gross violations of the COU to no avail.

Last edited:
RexDameon said:
GAH! when will people actually READ the DAMN sentence in context.

"In many cases the reported avatars has been depositing a lot of funds."

Actually, that sentance can only be taken in one context - there could only be two if it had ', aswell.' to finish it. The only thing to be taken in context is Marco's response, which explains the support case. :wise:

Darkscorp said:
True. Kind of makes you wonder how far a big depositer will be allowed to push the limits of the COU and get away with it?

This is one incident out of many that someone who has deposited large sums of money ingame has been deemed above the law.

I personally tend to stay far,far away from these people (at least the rouge ones) knowing that reporting them will do diddly squat because I know MAs not going to do anything.

There has been many, many more cases such as this one, where a large-depositing player has been let-off.

For example, Player X stole an armour set off player Y, was locked, then player X gave armour back and promised to deposit lots of cash to stay in the game..

That example is true with identies hidden (before you all go looking for Player X :laugh: )

Think it would be handy if the poster of the thread also post the support thread they sent to get the full story.

Aziphirael said:
Think it would be handy if the poster of the thread also post the support thread they sent to get the full story.

she linkes to another thread about the subject in her second post in the thread. ;)

I couldn't find the support case in there either, but from what Marco said
I will not quote the actual support case, but I can say that the initiator wanted action to be taken due to the fact that the initiator is a depositor, ie that would suggest more power.
it seems like she said something to the effect of "I am a paying customer of your product and this pker is ruining my play" which the support guy interpreted as she saying that she should have power over who gets locked or not just because she deposits. So he pointed out that the pker is also a big depositer. It's hard to tell what they mean when she doesn't post the whole support case

mjukis said:
I couldn't find the support case in there either, but from what Marco said
it seems like she said something to the effect of "I am a paying customer of your product and this pker is ruining my play" which the support guy interpreted as she saying that she should have power over who gets locked or not just because she deposits. So he pointed out that the pker is also a big depositer. It's hard to tell what they mean when she doesn't post the whole support case

Yes..a clearer picture of what was sent to support would help. Regardless, If I say I'm a depositer and I demand that you (MA) do something because this person is in flagrant violation of the COU I have been basically been told that you (MA) won't do anything because the violater is a big depositer?

It really shouldn't matter who out deposits who. If you screw up, regardless of your "wealth", you should be locked down..period. This really is a non-issue.

I have no clear-cut view on this issue.

1). It does happen (that is, players that deposit more do get more from MA I believe... not always, but often... this comes straight from the baby's mouth btw. I've known more than a few big players who have admitted to me that MA has helped them with various support cases in ways that seem unimaginable to the average player)

2). As Aio pointed out, MA is a company. As such, they are going to look out for their big fish ;) It is the way of the world.

*One positive thing I see out of the expanding population is that there are more and more "little fish" now that can actually do something to control the big fish's grip on MA's line :D

IMHO the issue is TP being PvP area, not someone killing at PvP area.

Its really hard to say that those PKers do nothing wrong unless they clearly get personal... ie. pk you continuously just because its you, not because you just happened to be unlucky enough to be there.

Well ppl who spend alot of money on something, wether it be a store or a restuarant or pub will always get special treatment over someone who has only been coming in a few weeks and has spent very lil. That business get use to it! And don't say blah blah I've been more then few weeks (thats an example dumb ass). You will find this in RL as well as ingame, and ingame money is RL.
If I go to the same bar for 2 years and spend 20$ or so every day, do you think the bar tender is gonna favore me more then a guy who comes in once a month? well YES duh! She he knows me and knows I spend more money. All businesses take care of there highend consumers more then there low end. It's the way everything works in life.
Again I use the bar analogy as an example!
I applies to most everything.
A good customer is a good customer period!

Faustian said:
Well ppl who spend alot of money on something, wether it be a store or a restuarant or pub will always get special treatment over someone who has only been coming in a few weeks and has spent very lil. That business get use to it! And don't say blah blah I've been more then few weeks (thats an example dumb ass). You will find this in RL as well as ingame, and ingame money is RL.
If I go to the same bar for 2 years and spend 20$ or so every day, do you think the bar tender is gonna favore me more then a guy who comes in once a month? well YES duh! She he knows me and knows I spend more money. All businesses take care of there highend consumers more then there low end. It's the way everything works in life.
Again I use the bar analogy as an example!
I applies to most everything.
A good customer is a good customer period!

that's very true.

but, if you go in and blatantly cause a big fight and break a bunch of stuff, should they not throw you out? or do you get a free pass?

should big business that funds presedential campaigns, etc, be allowed to dump toxic waste in the local water supply?

what i am getting at is...there is a difference between getting preferential treatment and being allowed to break rules. they are two very distinct things.

the question here is, "was a rule broken?". if the answer is no, then oh well, move along. if yes, then they should be reprimanded accordingly.

it doesn't sound like a rule was broken though. at least not a very clear one. maybe some vague one like "making it not fun for others", but that is pretty hard to police.

Last edited:
Silo said:
that's very true.

but, if you go in and blatantly cause a big fight and break a bunch of stuff, should they not throw you out? or do you get a free pass?

should big business that funds presedential campaigns, etc, be allowed to dump toxic waste in the local water supply?

what i am getting at is...there is a difference between getting preferential treatment and being allowed to break rules. they are two very distinct things.
You have taken what I said to an extreme!
This is a video game ok?
No threat to the real world or anyones life.
Do not mix the two.

Faustian said:
You have taken what I said to an extreme!
This is a video game ok?
No threat to the real world or anyones life.
Do not mix the two.

i did take it to the extreme. but only to illustrate a point. i also added a bit to it, because i realized i hadn't really made the point i intended to make, which was that i don't think any rules were broken.

that doesn't mean i think an RT should be in a PvP zone. i agree that there might need to be a little buffer.

I like Silo's point and think it is entirely appropriate here.
Point is- just because one is a good customer does not mean that they can break rules in this game. They can perhaps be offered different things here and there ;) But breaking rules, no :wise:

Silo said:
i did take it to the extreme. but only to illustrate a point. i also added a bit to it, because i realized i hadn't really made the point i intended to make, which was that i don't think any rules were broken.

that doesn't mean i think an RT should be in a PvP zone. i agree that there might need to be a little buffer.
I still don't know your point but...
If I get into a fight in the pub and I get thrown out yes they'll prob do that. But will they let me back in? Yes more then likely.
Wether a RT should be in a PVP zone is not my desition I am the consumer not the business.
And you switched your reply from consumer to businesses breaking the rules not the consumer! IE Toxic waste, please don't bring that into a video game!

Svetlana said:
I like Silo's point and think it is entirely appropriate here.
Point is- just because one is a good customer does not mean that they can break rules in this game. They can perhaps be offered different things here and there ;) But breaking rules, no :wise:
Life is about testing limits, I do it YOU do it, we all do it! Get use to it :wise:
We started when we where 5! It's part of our nature :rolleyes:

Is it breaking rules at all if you PK in PvP?

Im sorry but I again have hard time seeing it as purely breaking rules. Yes I know there was a thread about "PKing hunter while hunting is forbidden" etc. But here again, its not like someone is forced to go to pvp.

Essi said:
Is it breaking rules at all if you PK in PvP?

Im sorry but I again have hard time seeing it as purely breaking rules. Yes I know there was a thread about "PKing hunter while hunting is forbidden" etc. But here again, its not like someone is forced to go to pvp.
Exactly! : :wise:

Faustian said:
Life is about testing limits, I do it YOU do it, we all do it! Get use to it :wise:
We started when we where 5! It's part of our nature :rolleyes:

Yes- so we agree that if every1 does it, every1 should be held accountable in the end... ;) No preferential treatment.

In any event, read my first post on the matter.... it illustrates my view. Basically, this particular case we do not know everything that went on, so it is difficult to make any assumptions. MA is a business and as such they will look out for their best customers. BUT... with the number of what I referred to as "Little fish" that have joined the game, the "big fish" are becomming weaker and weaker :wise:

Svetlana said:
Yes- so we agree that if every1 does it, every1 should be held accountable in the end... ;) No preferential treatment.

In any event, read my first post on the matter.... it illustrates my view. Basically, this particular case we do not know everything that went on, so it is difficult to make any assumptions. MA is a business and as such they will look out for their best customers. BUT... with the number of what I referred to as "Little fish" that have joined the game, the "big fish" are becomming weaker and weaker :wise:

I think this is because the big fish are more inactive these days, and those who are not rarely voice there opinion, probably because they are fine with things or they just accept it.
I know of a few who rarely speak in public.
Although I can't help my self :silly2:

Faustian said:
I still don't know your point but...
If I get into a fight in the pub and I get thrown out yes they'll prob do that. But will they let me back in? Yes more then likely.
Wether a RT should be in a PVP zone is not my desition I am the consumer not the business.
And you switched your reply from consumer to businesses breaking the rules not the consumer! IE Toxic waste, please don't bring that into a video game!

all i am saying is preferential treatment is fine (great in fact), but allowing people to break rules is not okay (i'm not saying a rule was broken...as per my other post).

here is an in game scenario.

if i deposit $1,000 a month, should i be allowed to ignore the EULA?

no.

if i deposit $1,000 a month, should i get some speedy customer service on a support case?

hell yeah.

the part about whether or not a RT should be in a PvP not being your decesion since you are just the consumer....well if that was true, i think we need to delete about 75% of the posts on all forums because most of them deal with ways we, as consumers, would like to see MA, the business, change the game.

that is a fact of the game...MA has said numerous times they want (and need) our input in its growing development.

what i would do if this situation happened to me would be logoff for about 30 minutes and then get back on. i sure wouldn't just sit there and keep getting PK'd, especially if i had my armor on. :rolleyes:

Silo said:
all i am saying is preferential treatment is fine (great in fact), but allowing people to break rules is not okay (i'm not saying a rule was broken...as per my other post).

here is an in game scenario.

if i deposit $1,000 a month, should i be allowed to ignore the EULA?

no.

if i deposit $1,000 a month, should i get some speedy customer service on a support case?

hell yeah.

the part about whether or not a RT should be in a PvP not being your decesion since you are just the consumer....well if that was true, i think we need to delete about 75% of the posts on all forums because most of them deal with ways we, as consumers, would like to see MA, the business, change the game.

that is a fact of the game...MA has said numerous times they want (and need) our input in its growing development.

what i would do if this situation happened to me would be logoff for about 30 minutes and then get back on. i sure wouldn't just sit there and keep getting PK'd, especially if i had my armor on. :rolleyes:

Your making more sence with every post :)
As for the 1k a day, well we all break rules, some times we don't mean harm and should be forgiven.
And yes 75% of alot of posts should be deleted, alot of mine as well :p
As for MA listening to us, well that is up to them, I agree with that killing someone for an hour straight while reviving is ASSININE, aka retarded.
That person has issues which is neither MA's fault or ours the consumer :)

Ops 1k a month, but nvm point is still understandable.

Faustian said:
killing someone for an hour straight while reviving is ASSININE, aka retarded.
That person has issues which is neither MA's fault or ours the consumer :)

The moron who keeps reviving has issues too, lol. I mean c'mon. Give it up and go do something else, like get drunk.

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
The moron who keeps reviving has issues too, lol. I mean c'mon. Give it up and go do something else, like get drunk.

DD
:evilking:
when your really really addicted to PE (and have no booze...) you'd revive over and over :silly2:

But seriously, I think that behaviour was quite lame from the PK'ers side..

As I said in another post, an autoclicker that helps you revive would be nice ;)

Back