Question: Very strange :O

Xavier_Jr

Elite
Society
Guess Who
Xavier Jr Riquelme
Very strange ... two hours ago, after a mining session, the game told me that I was 15 as a surveyor, but now system tells me that I am still 14. It has happened to you this before??

Two hours ago:

Now:

Did you relog? Sometimes I notice the skills not moving right until a relog

Hmm, i knew that there's some lag with the refreshing of the skills - like with displaying the hitpoints after serious melee skilling run. After relog everything is ok tho.
I guess it's possible to lose the last 1-2 green rows when you log off too fast after getting them or when the game crashes. Personally I don't believe that those loses are too big to cause serious concern. Haven't even noticed such thing before seeing this thread.

Hmm, i knew that there's some lag with the refreshing of the skills - like with displaying the hitpoints after serious melee skilling run. After relog everything is ok tho.
I guess it's possible to lose the last 1-2 green rows when you log off too fast after getting them or when the game crashes. Personally I don't believe that those loses are too big to cause serious concern. Haven't even noticed such thing before seeing this thread.

If I overcharge one customer $1 then sure, it might seem like a small issue. However, if I overcharge ten thousand customers $1, that small issue suddenly becomes $10,000 worth of issues.

No.. in my case is not true, after re-logging, i continue in 14.9 and not in 15.. it is very possible that is the bug reported by Black Hawk in his thread.

Maybe, skills that are loses are not big. However, if little loses occurs all time from every player can be a big amount. I think It is necesary that Mindark fix the bug.

Last edited:
To me it looks like you continued your game at lvl 14.9999.
Hardly a "big" loss.

I guess it's possible to lose the last 1-2 green rows when you log off too fast after getting them or when the game crashes. Personally I don't believe that those loses are too big to cause serious concern. (personal opinion here, don't kill me, pls)

Yes, I agree with you that small loses are loses too. That issue has to be examined and fixed.

To me it looks like you continued your game at lvl 14.9999.
Hardly a "big" loss.

Yes, I agree with you that small loses are loses too. That issue has to be examined and fixed.

Wait till you are over level 40 to 50 in something and it takes a week or two to get those last few "Disappearing" points and say its a little loss...

I think you're slightly overreacting here.
It's not an actual "losing" of skills. More likely it's a technical lag in the syncronization between the servers and your computer regarding the process of saving the avatar skillgains.
But I see your point. I repeat - it's a valid complaint. The problem has to be repaired by MA.

Last edited:
I think you're slightly overreacting here.
It's not an actual "losing" of skills. More likely it's a technical lag in the syncronization between the servers and your computer regarding the process of saving the avatar skillgains.
But I see your point. I repeat - it's a valid complaint. The problem has to be repaired by MA.

I'm afraid sometimes you actually loose them and have to play (pay) to gain them again.

Personal experience ...

You didn't "lose" anything because the information about the skillgain was not saved in the MA's servers.
Yes, you saw the skillgain on your monitor and it was supposed to be saved on your avatar data but for some reason (connection loss) it wasn't.
For you - there was a skillgain that was "lost".
For MA - there wasn't any skillgain and nothing is lost.

The obvious confusion here is caused by the desynchronization. But it's nobody's fault. This is the way internet connection works.

Example for the opposite situation:
I drop a bomb.
Lootlag.
Crash.
I log back in. I find a claim deed in my inventory. A global!

I didn't see the global on my monitor but it was "created" in the MA's servers. So it does "exist" in the system and i can start drilling.

That's how the system works. It may seem "strange" but it's actually nobody's fault. Can the system be improved to prevent this? I don't know. Maybe it can, maybe not. Meanwhile you should have in mind that "issue" when you are counting every single piece of skillgain of your avatar.

Well, support said me that my skills is ok. However, today after 4 probes more.. I am 15 level again.. See the picture.

Then we can say that is needed to play 2 peds more in game, for win again the skills lost in the bug. That is a little amount for a single avatar; However, you can compute this for 7000 players who must to close the game three times each day.

And of course, each one of those 4 probes is another chance for global, HoF or ATH...
If you don't want to play the game and spend your precious ped, why do you bother at all?

another example of losing skills when relogging I suppose... it sucks :(

This "losing skills" bug sounds like the (urban legend?) person who worked in a nation-wide stores charge card department. Every time someone brought an item back for a refund they siphoned off the "odd" cents on the refund to their own account. If the refund was $14.99 they rounded it down to $14.95, and kept the 4cents. No one complained about being shorted 4cents, even if they noticed, but all those 4 cents from all the refunds in all the hundreds of stores added up to a nice little sum over the year. ;)

MA shorts us 2 pecs a log-out, most do not notice, but over a year it must add up to quite a lot.

And of course, each one of those 4 probes is another chance for global, HoF or ATH...
If you don't want to play the game and spend your precious ped, why do you bother at all?

Nop.. I am playing this game some years ago, and is the first time that i can see this bug, for these reason i know that is not a normal behaviour of the game, and then MA must fix it.

MA shorts us 2 pecs a log-out, most do not notice, but over a year it must add up to quite a lot.

I'm convinced in my case it adds upto around 90k skills (all in hunting) ;) seriously though if you play everyday and have disconnects here and there and log out a few times in a day over a few years those are going to be substanstial amounts of skills on just one avatar. On thousands of avatars it would be a huge amount of skills, such that if you got them all together and placed them into a new avatar - that avatar would be uber.

So MA should give every player that's been playing a set amount of skills for free to make up the loss. Could be calculated as:

skill payable = current skills * duration played * constant

e.g

skill payable = 8.6k = 172k * 5 * 0.01

so if that was applied to everyone they'd roughly get the amount they have been short changed by.

Maybe someone should make a petition...I'd sign it

Back