video card crashing

buster2008

Mature
Society
The Ministry
Buster2008
I was wondering if someone can help me with an issue I am having with my video card crashing quite frequently with this new update. It did happen before new update but now it is every 5 minutes or less. I have updated the driver and that did not help. Maybe it is in the settings but i have no idea were to look.

attachment.php

can you check the temperature of the card without any load and at full load?

J.

You are running windows XP? How do you know your graphics card is the one 'crashing' ?

I know in Windows Vista / 7, etc you can get the msg that the video card drivers crashed in recover, but in XP, video card drivers crash meant a system crash (If I recall correctly).

i am having the same Error but it appears after i close the Entropia.exe from task manager coz it gets stuck/hang every time after the loading screen.

Hi Buster2008, I had the same problem when I installed my new graphics card.

For days I would ran into an error like this every half hour.
While searching for a solution I learned that there are different possible reasons why I got this error.
As my graphics card was brand new I assumed it was not faulty itself, though at times I doubted this. Checked if my system was overheating and this was not the case.

Ingame I lowered all my graphics settings to safe mode and played the game to see if this error went away. For me it did and next I slowly set my graphics settings to medium, one by one. After each change I would play the game for hours without the error. With everything on medium settings, I started to move them up to high, one by one. Then I hit one that caused the same error. Moved that one back to medium and noted it down.

Although I couldn´t play the game on it´s highest settings anymore, I could play without the error. I finally solved the problem by trying out different graphics card driver versions. Then Nividia released new drivers and I tried those out. Since then I rarely get this error.

I hope this helps.

P.S. You can set the grapchic settings to safe mode, before starting the game, under Tools on the client loader.

Reactions: zen

While searching for a solution I learned that there are different possible reasons why I got this error.
As my graphics card was brand new I assumed it was not faulty itself, though at times I doubted this. Checked if my system was overheating and this was not the case.

Ingame I lowered all my graphics settings to safe mode and played the game to see if this error went away. For me it did and next I slowly set my graphics settings to medium, one by one. After each change I would play the game for hours without the error. With everything on medium settings, I started to move them up to high, one by one. Then I hit one that caused the same error. Moved that one back to medium and noted it down.

Although I couldn´t play the game on it´s highest settings anymore, I could play without the error. I finally solved the problem by trying out different graphics card driver versions. Then Nividia released new drivers and I tried those out. Since then I rarely get this error.

I hope this helps.

P.S. You can set the grapchic settings to safe mode, before starting the game, under Tools on the client loader.

Already tried all of that..i played the game on custom settings of high and medium combination and now i cant even log in into the game on safe mode.

I was wondering if someone can help me with an issue I am having with my video card crashing quite frequently with this new update. It did happen before new update but now it is every 5 minutes or less. I have updated the driver and that did not help. Maybe it is in the settings but i have no idea were to look.

if you have changed nothing except for upgrading entropia it seems obvious that entropia is the issue and not your card, if the fan on your card is still spinning round (open case and look) you could try testing another game, or a game demo, for example a demo that also uses cryengine, if these dont crash its safe to assume its not you but its entropia.
the latest update has caused many problems for people including crashes, so i would not be to quick to blame your system.

non loaded temp 39.0 c loaded temp 46.0 c

crash still happens in safe mode and all fans are spinning.

What about to put in more ram in your system. You only have 3GB. Window XP and EU together use more than 4GB to run proper.

As next I would also change to win7. It runs faster as XP and it have much better drivers also.

46 under load sounds awesome. Here it goes over 90°C under load lol.

It may have nothing at all to do with the gfx, Before this VU i got that exact message every time i closed entropia. No matter if it was a crash or simply me shutting down for the day. And I used two diffrent cards during last VU, ati 4890 and Nvidia 660TI, got the same message with both card, EVERY single time.

So it may be a "normal" crash but since the game close down you get the message making you belive its related to the card.

But then again, it could be compability issues with the card and the new VU.

Also, Since this VU came my errormessages has stopped coming. So maybe you got mine ;)

I hope this helps.

I've same problem at high or very high settings. Do you still remember that magical setting that cause nvidia gfx to crash?
nvidia 660 twin frozer 3

same here, i don't think there's any problem with our machines... it's Entropia, cause other games work fine as usual and the problem appeared recently after the VU

we have to wait till MA fixes this

Sent support case same time as this post. MA confirmed a problem on there side and they are working on it. I guess we will see how quickly it is fixed.

so i assume that its not fixed yet...another day without my share of EU :(

Yep the game still freeze after ~10 min.

Last edited:
Already tried all of that..i played the game on custom settings of high and medium combination and now i cant even log in into the game on safe mode.
Ouch that is not good at all. I hope you can login again soon.

I've same problem at high or very high settings. Do you still remember that magical setting that cause nvidia gfx to crash?
nvidia 660 twin frozer 3

Yes, I wrote it down to avoid changing it. :laugh:
Oddly enough for me it was Object Qualilty, as soon as I turned that one to high, I got the crashes back.

Haven't tested this recently because at this time I play on my laptop, which can't handle Entropia on high settings. At the moment everything is on medium settings, only Shading Quality is set to high. When my daughter has finished her 3D modeling project for her college, I will test it again on my PC.

Back