[Video] Stories from Calypso - A Loot to the Past (The Project Entropia era...)

TommyDaGreat

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Poisonous TommyDaGreat Snake

I took some time today to throw this video in my "Stories from Calypso" series together.

I've been wanting to do this for a long while, but today I finally took my Vibrant Sweat Sitting Device off the chair and made it! Well, I was actually using the chair the entire editing process...

Nonetheless... This video was made to show how the game used to be back in 2003 loot-wise compared to the kind of loots we have today.

To old people who has been in the game for a while, this might bring back some nostalgic feelings (complete with some old in-game music in the background) and to the new people it might just give a heart attack or two.

Especially that Snarksnot Young loot at the start of the video.

Either way, enjoy this video and history lesson of how things used to be in the past! :yay:

(And the title is totally not a reference to a sword-wielding-hero game on the SNES at all, nope sireeees and madameees!)

Great video!

The lootwindows in the past was fantastic even tho most of the time the items u got didnt have any or much MU.

but

The chance of looting some great was much higher!

Great video,

very well put.

I really miss the drops of FAP-5s from exas and daks :laugh:, and when we could hunt to collect the armour parts we needed for our sets :D. Do things even drop paladin anymore? I remember getting a lot of that stuff from argos and cauds I think .

I found being able to loot items really gave hunting a sense of purpose and I would target mobs specifically for the item I needed. I remember killing literally thousands of cauds to the west of twin mall (i think it was west or it could have been east i guess) in the hope of looting vigi gloves but sadly I think they had already been removed at that time :rolleyes:.

For new/mid level players looting the piece of armour or item by grinding slowly over several weeks might have been the only way we could have acquired higher ends items given the costs.

Most of all I miss the old PA and map layout hehe. Anyway, brilliant video :D

Last edited:
I looted a Gremlin Harness (M) today of a Bristlehog prowler. Not long ago looted vigi gloves (M) from a Droka.

So some UL stuff are dropping again every now again, of course not as common as in the old days. It sure is a nice surprise though every time this happens.

:wise:Especially since nowadays you get like 80% crapnel and ammo in loot... Even (L) items nowadays makes one a bit happier.

Todays Entropia is like a endless botting experience. Kill 10.000 bla bla.. loot oil shrapnel.

Ive had enough and i wont be returning until i see some change in this game.

Todays Entropia is like a endless botting experience. Kill 10.000 bla bla.. loot oil shrapnel.

Ive had enough and i wont be returning until i see some change in this game.

You forgot cloth extractors and weapon components! :O

Nice vid! I started beginning Jan '05 and it was still a lot like this. I miss those days every time I log in and play, its just not the same, no matter how much lipstick they put on the pig.

Nice vid + REP

Reminds me, from average Molisk hunt 10 parts shogun and sometimes a part gremlin :)
After 1h Daiki Event (Stalkers), I have had 52 Pixi parts, that was nearly 1 item / min hunting :D

Not that it has had any value, Shogun was +1 to +3 and Pixi +1 if you managed to find a buyer at all (most went into TT), but it was nice to see that loots.

Good old times, so long ago.

Even looting a ton of oils was better than todays shrapnels and ammo only loots.

On the other side, I wouldn´t mind looting only resources (oils, components aso) if crafting would be healthy, so that crafters would pay MU to craft items that are sellable.

future space development should be based on crafting and materials from hunting / Mining.

Space probes spacecrafts so on and so.

Space loot should be a mix of all planets loots.

Back