Virtual Currency Expert John Bates to Speak at Login Conference

pfff virtual currency expert.. lol

John Bates and Entropia Universe

About Entropia Universe AB

Entropia Universe is the largest Real Cash Economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Entropia Universe offers players the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on any virtual planet or in the real world. Entropia Universe uses a state of the art graphics engine to deliver the highest quality visuals in an MMO today.

Shame we cannot use this "State of the art graphics engine" and use the "Highest quality visuals in an MMO Today?"

Shame on you MA, please live up to your promises.

John Bates, from pioneering Entropia Universe, brings the view from the trenches while Michael Bombace, a Senior Consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton, brings the academic view. This pithy, short segment will give insights into how critical self-regulation; greater transparency, and industry governed rules are, to preserving independence and innovation in the games industry.

so what is booz allen hamilton doing at a virtual currency conference with MA?
this is the company that was exposed by anonymous (they hacked HBGary's server and leaked its emails) as being involved with HBGary Federal, which created software so that one person could use a army sockpuppets to manipulate social media and the comments on news sites for propaganda purposes, HBGary federal was also being paid to smear reporters and activist such as glenn greenwald who were exposing government abuses.
whis is ironic considering that later a booz allen hamilton employee edward snowden, contracted to work at the NSA as a systems administrator, became a whistle-blower and contacted glenn greenwald to leak the fact that the US government and its army of contractors are engaged in massive and unprecedented surveillance of almost the whole internet in collaboration with companies such as microsoft, yahoo, facebook, google, and the telecoms companies that own the fibre optics cables across which all the data is transported.

considering what booz allen hamilton is and its deep involvement with the US government, and in particular its security services, i think its a bit strange for the mindark press release to say that michael bombace is there to bring the academic view of virtual currencies.

p.s. i hope the mods will understand that this is both on topic and relevant to the game itself, and not just because i find it disturbing that a MA employee would share a platform with a employee of a private military contractor involved in shady and illegal practices (EU law has been broken by booz allen hamilton).

Last edited:
Shame we cannot use this "State of the art graphics engine" and use the "Highest quality visuals in an MMO Today?"

Why? Why would MA start doing that now? They never have so far in their 10 years of operation.

About Entropia Universe AB

Entropia Universe is the largest Real Cash Economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Entropia Universe offers players the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on any virtual planet or in the real world. Entropia Universe uses a state of the art graphics engine to deliver the highest quality visuals in an MMO today.

weird ?
because I can.
everything in my options is set on highest graphics , sound and all I could get high up.
and I don't have the best or newest system...
so tell me , what kind of an old brick are you guys using to run the game on ?

cheers, Qs

so what is booz allen hamilton doing at a virtual currency conference with MA?
this is the company that was exposed by anonymous (they hacked HBGary's server and leaked its emails) as being involved with HBGary Federal, which created software so that one person could use a army sockpuppets to manipulate social media and the comments on news sites for propaganda purposes, HBGary federal was also being paid to smear reporters and activist such as glenn greenwald who were exposing government abuses.
whis is ironic considering that later a booz allen hamilton employee edward snowden, contracted to work at the NSA as a systems administrator, became a whistle-blower and contacted glenn greenwald to leak the fact that the US government and its army of contractors are engaged in massive and unprecedented surveillance of almost the whole internet in collaboration with companies such as microsoft, yahoo, facebook, google, and the telecoms companies that own the fibre optics cables across which all the data is transported.

considering what booz allen hamilton is and its deep involvement with the US government, and in particular its security services, i think its a bit strange for the mindark press release to say that michael bombace is there to bring the academic view of virtual currencies.

p.s. i hope the mods will understand that this is both on topic and relevant to the game itself, and not just because i find it disturbing that a MA employee would share a platform with a employee of a private military contractor involved in shady and illegal practices (EU law has been broken by booz allen hamilton).

would it not be more like MA john bates does his story , and then the next speaker goes on stage , and maybe there after a next speaker person goes on stage all telling just their story ?
its a convention ?
so id think more people do their story's and there will people who are interested that will just listen to what the spokes man that are on the stage ?

and if there are investors (rich people) there , MA will try to target those , and maybe they then may or may not start to think like ,,,, hey we could maybe start a planet with in that platform.
not that ive ever been to such a thing , but I reckon MA will try to attract more possible planet pertners ? is it not ?

I think it is good that John is exposing more people at conferences to EU, many people do not know it exists and any press release or discussion pertaining to RCE and what it has to offer is a boost for this platform. More players here are good for all of us.

Cheers,
Salty

I use all setting's on max detail, and run at 1920*1200, full AA.

Visuals are impressive if you have the machine to run it on, don't have the computer to run it full, run it low, simple :)

PS my fps is about 30 in crowded areas and 60 if i'm alone.

pfft he should talk abut how ma destroys value of their customers like what they did whit the ship and hangars :scratch2:

Back