Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase' - PR Newswire (

Sorry wat does ND know about VR?
Who from Samsung, oculus,Vive is also running?
What does EU have to do with VR anyway?

Sorry wat does ND know about VR?
Who from Samsung, oculus,Vive is also running?
What does EU have to do with VR anyway?

Very little probably, but what people go to understand this is just the start. Just like Nato, EU or even the USA it has start some where before it can grow. The main job of VR president its get EU more established in online gaming community, to bring more investors in to game and also get other companions to sign up to it. You wont get anyone outside of game to recognize it yet, they will only join if they feel worth it. No one is stupid enough to run for it or have the ND's ego. He is known in some areas like people have said before they joined after hearing about him in the Guinness book of records and he does get in places where many dont. At the end of the day anyone can run, but it will cost you a lot of money and time to do the job.

president of virtual reality, is same as selling lands in moon. (it had world wide interest of people who does not even know about it)

it is needed for EU as an advertisement,
of course there should be more candidates, but really , look at companion ND does, no matter if you think he is eligible or not to presidential place now, but he does a lot of advertisement outside entropia unviverse. This is what i matter , and i grats him spending his time advertising Eu and Rocktropia that way .,

All planet partners come to Entropia hoping attract people from other planets (calypso) and ect.
But real purpose should be attract people to Entropia from other games (Advertise it outside EU).

so in end , i can only admit , that ND does most advertisement now from all EU.
Not even mindark do better, since buying 2 or 3 magazines that barely who reads ever.

so best ideas who help eu to be more attractive , is new technologies and new excitement.

so far i see President elections and oculus rift. This is only 2 strategic roads where i see potential to get worldwide advertisement.

btw, don't forget, presidents are reelected :)

i pray bbc news will give it on air for 1 minute and will say : omg vr prezident was ellected .
and ti will bring like half million viewers what is all about.
actually i don't care if it will be vr president news or someone farted somewhere if it would have same effect.

Gz Neverdie and Thank you for spending your free time for making game more known, while others just brag about it and cant even recommend game to his friends :)

//mg Joda VVV VVV

Last edited:
biggest advertizing made for Entropia, that I have ever seen is probably this video, uploaded 1,5 months ago, and has 1,5 mio views.

biggest advertizing made for Entropia, that I have ever seen is probably this video, uploaded 1,5 months ago, and has 1,5 mio views.

hehe, thats for sure some advertisement for eu. I wonder if the author is an entropia player himself, half of the video is entropia :lolup:

Regarding the mobile world congress in barcelona, it would be nice to see the presentation of neverdie :)

It might get streamed live on http://www.mobileworldlive.com/

But Jon Jacobs isn't listed as a keynote speaker so we'll have to find the stream he's appearing in.

<edit> Should have read earlier and he's on at 11.00am on the 25th Feb but there's no mention of that bit of the conference on the streaming site. So we'll just have to see if it's broadcast or not. I would imagine it'll appear somewhere eventually.

edit: ND is in video

http://www.mobileworldlive.com/mwc16-tuesday/panel-games-the-new-media-part-1/

http://www.mobileworldlive.com/mwc16-tuesday/panel-games-the-new-media-part-2/

Last edited:
Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase' - Canada NewsWi

Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase'
[SIZE=-1]Canada NewsWire (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]After the first Virtual Reality President is elected in March, Entropia Universe will become the first Virtual Reality platform and MMO to become self-governed by its user base. Mindark, the developer of the Entropia Universe will act as a Congress to ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]and more[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

*cough* jackass *cough*

I guess we are completely ignoring the functional and useful player representation that has always been present in EVE? Aside from a PR stunt, what is actually changing in EU? How is it going to become self-governed? Why would that be a good idea? Can we vote to fire the developers and owners?

Last edited:
Virtual Reality Visionary Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Selected To Join Mobile World Congress 'Entertainment Showcase'
[SIZE=-1]Canada NewsWire (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]After the first Virtual Reality President is elected in March, Entropia Universe will become the first Virtual Reality platform and MMO to become self-governed by its user base. Mindark, the developer of the Entropia Universe will act as a Congress to ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]and more[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

BTW, I'm back!

I so much tried to get ND to stop this when chatting with him last week since it is making us all look like a fool here. As he stated and seems to fully back the idea is that anyone still can join and be part of the election. At anytime one can become B and C and they still have a full month to be elected.

When I asked him about if anyone else would join and fill B or C would the election be reset and his answer was simply: 'No, why would it be?'

At the end I had to cut the chat off with him due to the simple fact that I do not think he has it all there and may be having some other issues as of this point. I guess I would fall under the same category and that being we just been playing EU way to long :)

But funny thing was I kind of got his attention when I asked: What if B or C wins? He did kind of loose focus in the chat at that point and said he would contact MA and chat about it and that being to stop the polls and give ND the title since he did win here.

I hope at the end that this was ND project and not MA.

Last edited:
Oh well as long as he is having fun doing it. I'm sure it's not hurting anyone.

BTW, I'm back!

I so much tried to get ND to stop this when chatting with him last week since it is making us all look like a fool here. As he stated and seems to fully back the idea is that anyone still can join and be part of the election. At anytime one can become B and C and they still have a full month to be elected.

When I asked him about if anyone else would join and fill B or C would the election be reset and his answer was simply: 'No, why would it be?'

At the end I had to cut the chat off with him due to the simple fact that I do not think he has it all there and may be having some other issues as of this point. I guess I would fall under the same category and that being we just been playing EU way to long :)

But funny thing was I kind of got his attention when I asked: What if B or C wins? He did kind of loose focus in the chat at that point and said he would contact MA and chat about it and that being to stop the polls and give ND the title since he did win here.

I hope at the end that this was ND project and not MA.

Roy%20cool%20story%20bro.gif

After the first Virtual Reality President is elected in March, Entropia Universe will become the first Virtual Reality platform and MMO to become self-governed by its user base. Mindark, the developer of the Entropia Universe will act as a Congress to ...[/SIZE]

I really hope this happens, EU would be great if the user base had more input and was able to self-govern somewhat.

ND will be a great president in my opinion, I am quite excited for the year a head. What EU needs is a player, someone who has vision and is in touch with the game to rally MA into the right direction and act as a sort of player-MA go between. In theory the result of this will be that we and MA will have a spokesperson to convey messages between us, this will be a good and important communication channel.

I voted! Which candidate you ask? Not going to tell..

504613192.jpg

(helps if you say it outloud)

I would honestly run if I believed the election was on the up and up. At the moment many factors make me feel like it isn't. The pre-registering of a site prior to the announcement by ND and his instant announcement of candidacy points to knowledge bestowed upon him prior to the release. I'm not saying he did anything wrong, Neverdie is certainly not at fault.

As a planet partner, he should have inside knowledge about things. He should NOT be allowed to play though. If he has that knowledge and doesn't play, it is all ok. If he doesn't have that knowledge and does play, it is ok. It seems like the position is for a player to be President. So explain to me how he is a player now? Isn't he a planet partner with some extra knowledge? How can he run as a player if he never plays? How can he know what is good for us if he never plays? If he plays, how can he not benefit from the extra inside knowledge? If he gets no knowledge, how can he effectively design a planet? It all seems like an intertwining conflict of morality and competence.

I like ND and believe he never is intentionally dishonest, which is a quality I would like in a President. I simply think he is actually disqualified as either a President or would have to relinquish Planet Partnership to be President. Of course none of us foresee him dropping his Planet. I will Skype him to get his feelings about it. We are friends and I'm sure he will feel a bit betrayed by me typing this. He shouldn't since I respect him and am speaking only my heart. Thanks for being a pioneer Neverdie!

The other issue is the 10,000 PED to run. I understand it being a deterrent from 100000 people running; however, I believe 500 PED would accomplish the same goal. What administrative costs are associated with adding a candidate? Certainly not 10k PED worth. I would run immediately if I felt like it wasn't just a prefabricated publicity stunt. Is there any evidence to the contrary? Who else is running? If Neverdie is disqualified, B or C is who exactly? Should it be me?

I guess I should. What do you think? I am not always lovable. I am not always kind, giving, or friendly. I try my hardest to be a hard worker and keep Entropia's best interest at heart... Hmm maybe I should run!?

#mercuryforpresident

Has a nice ring to it but I still need some questions answered by MA. Look at this post and tell me how Fair it all is MA?

I guess I should. What do you think? I am not always lovable. I am not always kind, giving, or friendly. I try my hardest to be a hard worker and keep Entropia's best interest at heart... Hmm maybe I should run!?

#mercuryforpresident

So are you willing to give up your free time to promote the game world wide? going to events? meeting other company's to try to get them on board? are you willing to pay for all this out of your own pocket?

Dont get me wrong if you stood and you was really wanted to do this i would probably vote for you, but like i said before the first president main job is make the job legit. It has no real power, but they have persuade others to back them to give them power and get other on board.

#mercuryforpresident

Has a nice ring to it but I still need some questions answered by MA. Look at this post and tell me how Fair it all is MA?

Go for it! :)

I am not sure if it can sustain itself as a full time job without pay. Who can do such a job? Even Neverdie would have to work while doing it.

Having reread the initial posting, I suppose it doesn't say he has to play EU to be President. It says this is the President of all of Virtual Reality. I am not exactly sure how you would be able to claim such a title when coming from only 1 game. I've played many other VR games (and when I say play, I mean mastered). Forcing anyone who wishes to run to make an Entropia Universe account seems to defeat the purpose.

MA states there will be an independent company counting votes; how do we know what votes they are counting? They stated it could be any number of people. How many accounts could be MA votes to pick who they want? This is the kind of accountability that I stand for. I don't see MA listing the facts that any fool would know to ask for. Why don't we get someone who will see the flaws in event plans BEFORE the events are announced? Or the bugs before the update is released. If this is for all of Virtual Reality, what about strategies to unite platforms?

I could claim to make 1 billion virtual jobs; I prefer to claim I would make EU exciting for the 5k players who play it and more interesting to those who don't know about it yet. In an unrealistic world, I am a realist who can still think outside the box.

#mercuryforpresident

The other issue is the 10,000 PED to run. I understand it being a deterrent from 100000 people running; however, I believe 500 PED would accomplish the same goal. What administrative costs are associated with adding a candidate? Certainly not 10k PED worth. I would run immediately if I felt like it wasn't just a prefabricated publicity stunt. Is there any evidence to the contrary? Who else is running? If Neverdie is disqualified, B or C is who exactly? Should it be me?

If done right this could have been a great new venture for us all. But at the end this had to be ND with MA backing him up. As you read long ago from my first post about this, I think ND was poking fun at us with the registration fee. Two ways to look at it, a joke or a scam. I'll take joke being that with that 1,000USD you as well needed to give your full account information including your ID and or Passport. That there is the joke since well as many know this is exactly what MA requests if one need to have their password reset.

As always I did back MA up on this (No I did, I really did) thinking that if this WASN'T ND, MA was doing this big stunt for us all to get ready for the next big update to the CLD project were they would be introducing the voting system.

Now who knows they could have been but at the last minute found the system to not be ready and having to use Facebook.

That there is another issue come to think of it. It could have been that the system just wasn't ready since in the first FAQ it stated you must have an EU account to vote? But who knows.

But by anyway by using Facebook and having ND going around the world to a mobile conformance to talk about a PC game kind of put a dark spot on MA for anyone interested in checking this VR stunt out and seeing that only one person listed.

Good news is in 4 more years we may learn more about this from MA -- or will hear more about this from MA in April! :silly2::eyecrazy::laugh::silly2:

So are you willing to give up your free time to promote yourself and your business interests world wide? going to events? meeting other company's to try to get them to buy your services? are you willing to expense all this out of your own pocket?

Dont get me wrong if you stood and you was really wanted to do this i would probably vote for you, but like i said before the first president main job is to promote themselves and their services. It has no real power, but they have persuade others to back them to give them money.

A few small edits to bring it more in line with the way I'm seeing it.

It's a good point Rumsponge, ND as a Planet Partner as president would be in a unique position to get a good reward for this. The more he promotes EU, the more players, the more income from his planet. Anyone else running without substantial assets wouldn't personally make any money from this. However earning money is a big motivator to really use the position to promote EU hard...

I also feel the same as Mercury, the focus should be EU. We need to make EU great before we start interfering with other games.

I would vote for a president who's complete focus was on improving EU. However as quite a few people have already voted I think it would be unfair to anyone who joined to campaign at this stage (especially still having to pay the 10000 ped), I am surprised MA even allow new candidates at this stage. I think next year will generate a few more candidates.

I think next year will generate a few more candidates.

I thought that I read somewhere that ND set this up as a 4-year deal, or is there a new vote every year?

Just ask around your friends...

Vast majority of people in friend circle:
- do not trust neverdie due to multiple things he done or was involved with
- dislike him for unashamed self promotion (like plastering his capitalized name wherever he could)

If this is happening here, inside EU, same issues will arise with people from outside.
This mean that neverdie as an ambassador of EU could bring more bad than good... (and I don't buy an argument that even bad pp is better than good one)

I thought that I read somewhere that ND set this up as a 4-year deal, or is there a new vote every year?

I had a look back at the FAQ but couldn't find it saying anything about the term time :scratch2:

The FAQ has changed, a new interesting point is

" Q. Will all votes be counted equally?
A. Yes. You may vote with your facebook account. Each Facebook user gets 1 vote. Only facebook accounts that have been active for over a year will count. "

This is different to the original idea.

*cough* jackass *cough*

I guess we are completely ignoring the functional and useful player representation that has always been present in EVE? Aside from a PR stunt, what is actually changing in EU? How is it going to become self-governed? Why would that be a good idea? Can we vote to fire the developers and owners?

So wait... I got my CLD so I could get voter rights. And our parliament got usurped before we even got together?

Back