Virtual Reality Visionary Vows to Create 300000 Jobs in Cyberspace - Sputnik International

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]Sputnik International[/SIZE]

Virtual Reality Visionary Vows to Create 300000 Jobs in Cyberspace
[SIZE=-1]Sputnik International[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I think that robots are going to phase out humans at the workplace and the authorities just don't know how to deal with this problem,” said Jacobs, a little-known English actor, producer and creator of the avatar Neverdie from the virtual online game ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dPto1ykpzY2IigM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Another colorfull portal with news wroten by students paid / word, without any even bit of research.

I liked the part with tps having to be repaired since it would give newbies an alternative to sweating and reward people for visiting remote locations. the tp fee concept is fine per se, it just needs to be perfectly thought through

that is a very ignorant comment. you pick out one part only so you can find something to bitch about :rolleyes:

but apparently the idea has been cancelled anyway.

that is a very ignorant comment. you pick out one part only so you can find something to bitch about :rolleyes:

just like the promised strongbox for voters..

300,000 jobs where your monthly earnings are decided by the roll of a dice... :D

We don't even have bank accounts to store our wages yet and the banks were introduced years ago.

Good luck ND, I hope you succeed!

Before you claim people are being ignorant, try getting your facts straight. Get to know the history of the topic, the context. And then, carefully draw a conclusion. But even then, it might be others see things from a different perspective, not from ignorance, but because they have other (more?) information than you do.

Furthermore, it is rather risky to assume you know what someones' intentions are. Telling people (I assume me, as you so brilliantly found out how to use the negrep button) they are just here with the intention to bitch about something kind of disqualifies you as a conversational partner. Try to start a dialogue instead, base it on ancient principles like... I dunno... respecting one another.

Assuming ones' intentions is also risky, because like all assumptions... it is just that. An assumption. But it is so easily confused with "fact".... and when you do that, you base your whole position on quicksand.

I am lacking the vision to understand how this is supposed to play out. The mere numbers are staggering:

- Assumed we put the bare minimum pay for such a 'job' at social security level, i.e. ca. $500 = 5000 PED
- 300,000 such 'jobs' would cost 1,500,000,000 (1.5 billion) PED to pay out every month
- The newly introduced pay-teleporter costs 1 Rockbuck = 1 pec to use
- Assumed other micro-services for similar micro-payment are invented
- Then it takes 150,000,000,000 (150 billion) such micro transactions every month, times the multiplier needed for the infrastructure provider, so that a portion can paid out of every paid use of a micro-service to an 'employee' who helps keep it up (e.g. by 'repairing' or whatever simulated activity)
- Putting that multiplier at 2, i.e. half of all earned money can be paid out as wages, we arrive at 300 billion micro transactions per month that have to be sold. Give or take a bit on any of the factors involved, it hardly changes the power-of-ten magnitudes.
- How much turnover does Entropia currently have? How much the entire VR/gaming industry? What is the current population of the earth?

I understand you need to dream big to achieve anything noteworthy. But proof of miracles has been elusive so far. Any help with understanding how this gap is supposed to be bridged would be appreciated.

It's easy. 300k jobs with 90% ROI. You don't actually need peds to pay them. Worker will buy the tools and the materials needed to repair teleporters or something else. Work 5 minutes or 8 hours a day. Get back 90% and repeat :yay:

What we need is real economy.

3D Printing could be one of it.
Some designer into game make the 3d design. some one other own a virtual 3d printer, and can print out the design, and delivery to the customer.

now, thats the basic idea. it would need that the designer need some ingame stuff to build a design BP. With this BP he is able to design a 3d Model.

Now the 3d virtual printer is a little virtual factory, you can buy it like LA's or estates. The holder of the factory deed can take design BPs from ppl, and then build a 3d model in real life, and delivery a real live product to the customer. The customer also get a ingame item, looking like the 3d model.

Ok, there are more details to be discussed, just for this idea.

But at least, it would make it possible to create real stuff into the game.

So the bad news is:
  • he hasn't given up on the paid tp idea,
  • and he has a paid revival idea, too:
    Selling new ‘lives’ for just a dollar apiece could land somebody a million-dollar business.

I like when someone who joined the forum some months back (Jan. 2016) is calling an ignorant someone who has been here for 10+ years...
for some of us is clear who is the ignorant here...

I am lacking the vision to understand how this is supposed to play out. The mere numbers are staggering:

- Assumed we put the bare minimum pay for such a 'job' at social security level, i.e. ca. $500 = 5000 PED
- 300,000 such 'jobs' would cost 1,500,000,000 (1.5 billion) PED to pay out every month
- Then it takes 150,000,000,000 (150 billion) such micro transactions every month, times the multiplier needed for the infrastructure provider, so that a portion can paid out of every paid use of a micro-service to an 'employee' who helps keep it up (e.g. by 'repairing' or whatever simulated activity)
- Putting that multiplier at 2, i.e. half of all earned money can be paid out as wages, we arrive at 300 billion micro transactions per month that have to be sold. Give or take a bit on any of the factors involved, it hardly changes the power-of-ten magnitudes.
- How much turnover does Entropia currently have? How much the entire VR/gaming industry? What is the current population of the earth?

I understand you need to dream big to achieve anything noteworthy. But proof of miracles has been elusive so far. Any help with understanding how this gap is supposed to be bridged would be appreciated.

the easy answer is Neverdie has lost the sense of reality long ago. didnt he say he wanted to create 1 billion jobs in EU? xD
you dont need to be a genius to see that this is impossible.

I was under the impression the 'VP' would create real life jobs in general, not pointing at PE. I.E. collaborate between different companies, including PE, to create opportunities.

Unfortunately, it is a made up position, that is not recognised by anyone outside of PE, (let alone inside). I might as well name myself president of the universe, and get the same response from people....'YEah whatever....go away...." quietly whispers..."Weirdo"

Rgds

Ace

This comment it seems is probably more suited here.........

You do not need an external transference for job creation.

You need a bigger internal community whom will be driven by needs and desires as dictated by their virtual environment. The same emotions that makes whatever you want to make inside to sell outside will also be present inside the VR, possibly with the exception of "need". But necessity and desire can all be provoked within a closed system just the same as outside. Just need a bigger community and some caps on certain things for it to become real world feasible to trade and make internally. The "big" economy model in my view increases competition and thus makes it harder to thrive as "manufacturers" ( unless you posses unique skills or BP's) and harder for miners and hunters since the markets overflow with access which means every profession with too few exceptions has an abundance to suppliers via hunters, etc.

As community userbase increases demand increases and the caps with enough freedom to invent professions will ensure everyone can either find a niche or compete in smaller pools which means bigger margins. Same for hunters, sweaters, miners, crafters, everyone get a bigger average rather than a rock bottom average for all.

Competition is good - but it lowers prices which would be good if it were not for the fact that now your ores and loot is also worth less cause everyone can buy as cheap and produce as cheaply as you can. Everyone is poor equally which is why you get the so called 1% "issue" Im sorry, unless it is/was theft or cronyism, you just have no right to wag your finger at the 1%.

Over abundance of access drives everything including what you get paid for your ores, mats, items to the smallest margins > "everyone" equally "poor" or cap access and everyone comes to higher average and thats a fact !

Something like that .......

You first need to have the profession "pools" and oversupply issue dealt with before you bring more people.

Otherwise you just have more average poor people than average wealthier people again Sort that out and the global open big trade economy for all (auctions) might not even be that big a deal on enabling to oversupply anymore.

Last edited:
Since the problem setup states that there aren't enough jobs producing real value anymore, all of these new 'jobs' are to be virtual, simulated, fake. But we need to continue paying them with real money. 'Real' money? Think of it, what we call money is already just as virtual since a while before there was any VR to play and lose oneself in. Fiat money, created out of thin air, not tied to any real value anymore. The grocer is forced by law to accept it (at least on this side of the pond). I'll cut out the middle part, can read about it elsewhere. As a consequence, we can actually spare ourselves the trouble and just join the basic income movement.

Art is "fake currency" yet still has actual currency value which is there due to desire / emotion people place on it - thus fake becomes real out of desire to own / use. Real value is determined and defined by people for those reasons which means our desire or need to own something fake to perform a fake function gives it value and makes it less "fake". The more people enter this virtual community (lots to do before you increase the community size or it's the same mess on a bigger scale) and buy into this, the less "fake" and the more real it becomes because it's relevance is confirmed by more and more people withing that group, niche, country, game.

But as i said, before you get more people to acknowledge and give real value, you first need to put measures in place to prevent oversupply which is fun at first for all, but then kills everything ( eat what and as much as you like till you die of a heart attack or organ failure - oversupply kills ), stop the "global" one world economy OR keep it but cap supply & break profession down into smaller professions - everyone has a chance at greater rewards in smaller profession pools and in a economy that restricts global competition ( race to compete > lower rates - lower incomes > equal poverty). But supply definitely has to be capped.

Example : In my work i add the perception of added value to ideas and people some of whom deserve it and others whom do not, but still are perceived to be more valuable or a bigger asset because they are accepted and eventually acknowledged as that. The more people in their sphere or sector i get to buy into this, the more real that persons value is regardless of whether they are actually any better than the next guy or idea or not - that is LARGELY (not completely) irrelevant.

Last edited:
No offense to Neverdie but he seems more suited to a PR oriented role than any sort of economic infrastructure design.

Last edited:
I liked the part with tps having to be repaired since it would give newbies an alternative to sweating and reward people for visiting remote locations. the tp fee concept is fine per se, it just needs to be perfectly thought through

I'm sure I read a statement from MA repudiating the TP ideas owing to the uproar from the community when it was first raised.

He's already created about 30 jobs to be fair in an opening beta test of the program:

http://www.neverdie.com/forum/rocktropia-ongoing-events/111956-conscript-work-detail-tour-of-duty-1

Saw that note and it's a humble beginning. To call this a job is quite a misnomer, though. It's a job when it produces enough to withdraw and put food on the table. As laid out above, it's a challenge of scale. The problem is, how many MORE people do you need to consume and pay for these services to feed such a job, and where do THEIR jobs come from?

Back