Question: Volcano island: totally bugged?

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
I found a camp on the north side with TP to the ship and athe sergeant Olaf, and some soldiers all are silent. There are also 2 NPC on the sjip, whop are silent.

There is a CDF Boat to the north that is a revival, nothing god there either.

Is there possibly another camp somewhere on the island I am missing, or is the only camp site there is?

And is there any TP on the island itself, or is it only reachable via flying there?

AFAIK no TP and no revival.
Have not discovered the whole Island, but thats the place where the "Hussk" will spawn somewhere in future and Kim has said in another posts to go there "well prepared" because it is a long, long way back there from the revivals.

Mission really looks like bugged completely. Other stuff also bugged* in VU, so hopefully we will get a patch soon...

*(oversized textures, Broken TP at Jameson by example)

OK, then it;s not just me:)

I think the idea of this island is actually a right one and well implemented, although no revive bit seems very iffy.

And it is always possible to use a TP chip to get there from the other island, so the no TP is not an issue.

Fixing the Jameson TP would be a plus, also adding couple more TP's mid islands would not be bad either.

There are also a lot of NPC's that seem to not do anything yet, I guess they are just placeholders for future missions.

or u just need to do more missions befor they will start talk to you!

or u just need to do more missions befor they will start talk to you!

All possible, but when missionbroker sends you to Volcano Island and nothing mission related is working there, my first suggestion is that this mission doesn't work.

(or something is very good hidden there :) )

Right the mission says go to volcano island and find the crew, the mission give actually mentions the Olaf NPC by name...so unless there is a second base well hidden, I am thinking BUG!

I don't think anyone has gotten it work yet...

Solution: There are two olaf wankersons, and only one of them is correct!

I found a camp on the north side with TP to the ship and athe sergeant Olaf, and some soldiers all are silent. There are also 2 NPC on the sjip, whop are silent.

There is a CDF Boat to the north that is a revival, nothing god there either.

Is there possibly another camp somewhere on the island I am missing, or is the only camp site there is?

And is there any TP on the island itself, or is it only reachable via flying there?
Hey man, u got the coords of that camp on vulcan island??

Hey man, u got the coords of that camp on vulcan island??

NE Corner of Island, not ingame to give exact coords atm, but you can see it from far when flying there with sleipnir/quad.

Edit: 453/635

Last edited:
Solution: There are two olaf wankersons, and only one of them is correct!

OK, that makes some sense. Since this is the case, the one I found was outside hanging out with the soldiers and looking very gay. If this was not he right one, can you say where in the camp the right one is located?

I assume you found him yourself, so that means the mission is completable then?

OK, that makes some sense. Since this is the case, the one I found was outside hanging out with the soldiers and looking very gay. If this was not he right one, can you say where in the camp the right one is located?

I assume you found him yourself, so that means the mission is completable then?

Not yet, but MA decided it would be funny to place two destroyed helicopters in game, so I don't see why they wouldn't place a million olaf wankersons around the place to piss us off

does Major Jacobus have a twin

well i noticed 2 major jacobus, 1 on the other island and the other up in the mothership :confused:

Last edited:
well i noticed 2 major jacobus, 1 on the east island and the other up in the mothership :confused:

I notcied that too

Maybe a plot twist yet to, and MA is just laughing at us complaining

Back