Vote for non-owned LA DNA settings

Biizle

Dominant
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Gatzo Dr. Biizle Biizle
Please note: This is only concerned with the non-owned Land Areas – not the participant owned Land Areas.

These Land Areas are only fertilized when they are owned by Socs after the (elusive?) land grabs. At all other times they are deserted and DNAs left with no fertilizer and management, thus mobs spawn at lowest density and maturity.

This is a shame because some of these LAs contain interesting and semi-unique mobs.

My Suggestion:
Setup a voting system for DNA settings on these LAs for times when they are not Soc owned and use the existing vote terminals for the purpose. Let the colonists vote for the preferred DNA settings on these LAs so that they are not just left deserted. Allow one vote for each colonist per LA per month and adjust the DNA settings continuously according to votes given.

I realise that this suggestion might not be welcomed by current Land Owners, but they too are invited to share their views for the complete picture.

Please discuss :)

voting system would work but id personally be happy if ma just set them to what the socs had them set at before. rather than all the wasted areas

It would be bad for land owners who invest in DNA for popular mobs.

But if it is done with some restrictions, like from a limited selection of mobs, maybe it could work.

Just a clarification:
My suggestion is not for colonists to vote for what mobs to spawn on the LAs, but only for the settings of the DNA that is already on those LAs.

They should at least max out the spawns...
It is really annoying to run around 4 minutes until you finally meet a Falx :mad:

sounds good

a) a few LA's with absolutely rediculous spawn (Shinook had Combibo stalkers in the past... the LA with gradivores is empty...)
b) brings the possibility to hunt a cpple of intresting mobs again..
c) MA: YOU CAN EARN MORE PED :D (taxes)
d) the voting system is already there.. maybe a reactivation is needed and a few coding adaptations... no major changes need to be implemented.

So, MA, look at point C,

now look again and read slowly... ;)

a) a few LA's with absolutely rediculous spawn (Shinook had Combibo stalkers in the past... the LA with gradivores is empty...)

That is a player-owned LA, not a Landgrab LA.
But gadivores LA is landgrab area yeah :)

That is a player-owned LA, not a Landgrab LA.
But gadivores LA is landgrab area yeah :)

ah darn my mistake :ahh:, but you must admit that the spawn is rediculous Player owned or not ;)

The point is, that it is a great idea!

thnx fr correction Bruud :)

and MA: look at point C!

Last edited:
I like the idea and would like to add that after every LG MA has to reset the DNA to what is was originally. This to avoid socs to destroy the DNA (which makes sense if you have a soc with a lot of land owners with unique/expensive mobs).

Simplest and exciting way can be random spawn setting for non-owned LAs. Period of changes maybe one or two weeks. (or open funnel for everyone - load some fertilizer and have adequate spawn...)

easy solution : lg all 6 month and never have this land without owner

These quiet (and untaxed) LAs can be good for mining. There is more to the game than hunting. Having only small falx and gradivore makes it more interesting when the bigger ones do show up.

Of course if MA did landgrab as regularly as they are supposed to, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Back