Help: VU 10.0 install problem

wildenberg

Mature
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Todoris Todo Diamantakis
Configuration: Processor Intel Q6600 / GC Nvidia 8800 GTS 320MB / Memory 2GB OZC Reaper PC6400 / HD 500 GB (in healthy state).
Dualboot Windows XP / Windows 7

1. Installation under Windows 7:
Downloaded the 6 installation files from MA's website. Run setup (as administrator). Installation slowed down after a few minutes. Installation complete after 8 hours. After login only fragmented monochrome images. Encountered multiple crashes and uninstalled the program.
Second attempt (with a new set of downloads) same experience.

2. Installation under Windows XP home:
Download as above. Installation slowed down, a BSOD appeared and my PC crashed. Needless to say I called it a day at that moment.

After 2 days no answer yet from MA support.

Did anyone encounter the same or simular problem? Ofcourse a solution is highly appreciated.

I'm updating my thread with the latest developements.

Support couldn't help me without further details.
Downloaded setup files again and run setup under Win XP. This time it lasted only 5 hours, I got no BSOD but 1 decompression error. Fortunately setup resumed after a rerun.
I could login and I am able to play with medium graphics settings.

So persistance pays off.

I'm updating my thread with the latest developements.

Support couldn't help me without further details.
Downloaded setup files again and run setup under Win XP. This time it lasted only 5 hours, I got no BSOD but 1 decompression error. Fortunately setup resumed after a rerun.
I could login and I am able to play with medium graphics settings.

So persistance pays off.

there is CLEARLY a problem on the OS side (instalation SHOULD take 15 min max. That or you have a BADLY HDD problem or a serious memory leak...

Back