VU 12.10 bugs

dr3w

Elite
Society
Mine To Extract
Eve Damsel Online
Seems doesn't exists. At least, I don't see any major fuckups so far. Very impressed.

Good job, MA, and thanks!

Seems doesn't exists. At least, I don't see any major fuckups so far. Very impressed.

Wrong!!!!

Kill em all part 1, I managed to finish at Ashi, and nearly completed kill em all part 2 aswell.
That's an island specific mission :)

Edit
Damn, I never actualy counted the trox, trax, armax and molisk up, to see if they were being counted, in iron mission, i'll do that later on.

out of sync and rubberbanding sens VU 12,9 still exist,

i logged out today aswell becouse i cant play, time to change game,

same here ! I'M TIRED about MA and the improving, balancing and so one.

Hey you forgot to add a jumping emote...

--

session time 06m26s and I screened a 6 month old bug, which was officially announced as a Known Issue
in the previous update and which have not been fixed since.

I'll comment later...

Good job ? That's not really what I would say...

Trade terminals still aren't fixed, displaying old ped value after a trade.

Dead Nexnecises keep standing around Shinook jungle tp with a puzzled look in dead eyes until disappear.

Last edited:
Haven't had rubberbanding in a long time, but now I get lag which results in getting multiple hits at the same time, sometimes as late as after killing the mob. Hunting same place same mob (btw levi and 10% increase in attack rate and hit rate makes it like CP rather) and same net connection.

Unable to land a VTOL

Noticed today after the patch, that few times I couln't land my VTOL, can stir all other directions, so I had to drive it a bit further and than ''go down'' button was fixed
:)
I'd say a bug, but who am I to judge :)

Trade terminals still aren't fixed, displaying old ped value after a trade.

Dead Nexnecises keep standing around Shinook jungle tp with a puzzled look in dead eyes until disappear.

You mean you haven't seen them spinning around in their graves? :laugh: A number of times after I TP'd to Shinook, I saw dead'uns spinning around and around on the ground. :silly2:

And here's a bug I haven't experienced in a good while: I twice got stuck on objects in the environment. Just last night, I was back-stepping, bumped into a tree, and got stuck there. I can't remember if there was an Action to just move my avatar a few feet, I was flipping through the library and couldn't find anything relevant...

Haven't had rubberbanding in a long time, but now I get lag which results in getting multiple hits at the same time, sometimes as late as after killing the mob. Hunting same place same mob (btw levi and 10% increase in attack rate and hit rate makes it like CP rather) and same net connection.

I've noticed minor rubber-banding from time to time, recently. It's not like the past when you *thought* you were running for 5 minutes towards your destination, only to suddenly bounce back in time, but it happens when running through the environment; you notice the screen flicker and get an instant of deja-vu. :rolleyes:

Was in the game, died to some mob, "revived" at the same spot. Got an "Internal error" message. Logged out, now can't even login, trying to 20 minutes and still can't.
I came back from a 3-4 year old absence to find an even worse game than what i had left behind.
This is beyond me, it honestly is. I had all the good will and mood to start dropping some cash into the game and tried to take it lightly this time around, but God damn this is beyond me.
You are a bunch of amateurs, probably of the worst teams out there. You should honestly be ashamed of yourselves.
Millions and millions invested in a game, a product that could make you filthy rich and you are desperately amateurish with it.
Congratulations, keep on losing your playerbase.

And here's a bug I haven't experienced in a good while: I twice got stuck on objects in the environment. Just last night, I was back-stepping, bumped into a tree, and got stuck there. I can't remember if there was an Action to just move my avatar a few feet, I was flipping through the library and couldn't find anything relevant...

It happened to me few times, always with this flat-top-mushroom-like-vegetation. Quickest way to get out is to spawn vehicle (Vtol preferably as it have longer enter range than cars) and enter it. If you will be able to spawn it near you its another issue ;)

Hyperplex Combat Helicopter inventory now has ONE yes that is right ONE itemslot.
I will not bother to use the sucky support system to report the bug.

Somebody who still belive they care can do it.

bugs!! bugs!! bugs!!

This thread reminds me of a thread I read on an old website many years ago -> people emailing to complain that (year 2000 ish) "The page never loads, do something or I'll tell your boss."
I've spotted a couple of bugs, didn't ATH being one. :^)
Boo.

Here's something new: Black squares accompany the muzzle flash on my Baringer. It hasn't done it before this VU.

TP chip bug isn't fixed.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235029-Load-TP-chip-while-running

About the rubberbanding, be sure it's not a client side problem.
If I play EU via wireless I have sometimes rubberbanding, when I plug in the cable I don't.
If I download torrents without bandwidth throttling while playing EU I also sometimes have rubberbanding, when is top the download rubberbanding is 'fixed'.

In general when I start commandline: "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" this is a google DNS server. when the response times are usually between 6 - 16 milliseconds I don't have any rubberbanding.
When they go +25 milliseconds constantly i see some rubberbanding, when they are over 100 ms I see loads of rubberbanding.

If you internetconnection sux for whatever reason;bad wireless connection, another PC that is using the same internet connection streaming HD media or doing heavy downloads,.. you cannot blame MA for it.
There is definitely a huge quality difference in wireless router quality, some cheap-ass routers seems to have the same speed, but as soon as you send some traffic over the wireless the response times are dropping significantly.

There were times that the rubberbanding was often serverside but for me that is over 2 years ago, if everyone is complaining in a certain area, that is obvious, but besides from some events where there are 100+ avas on radar simultaneously if I had rubberbanding it was always on my client side.

TP chip bug isn't fixed.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235029-Load-TP-chip-while-running

About the rubberbanding, be sure it's not a client side problem.
If I play EU via wireless I have sometimes rubberbanding, when I plug in the cable I don't.
If I download torrents without bandwidth throttling while playing EU I also sometimes have rubberbanding, when is top the download rubberbanding is 'fixed'.

In general when I start commandline: "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" this is a google DNS server. when the response times are usually between 6 - 16 milliseconds I don't have any rubberbanding.
When they go +25 milliseconds constantly i see some rubberbanding, when they are over 100 ms I see loads of rubberbanding.

If you internetconnection sux for whatever reason;bad wireless connection, another PC that is using the same internet connection streaming HD media or doing heavy downloads,.. you cannot blame MA for it.
There is definitely a huge quality difference in wireless router quality, some cheap-ass routers seems to have the same speed, but as soon as you send some traffic over the wireless the response times are dropping significantly.

There were times that the rubberbanding was often serverside but for me that is over 2 years ago, if everyone is complaining in a certain area, that is obvious, but besides from some events where there are 100+ avas on radar simultaneously if I had rubberbanding it was always on my client side.

i never get higher than 11ms for google dns server, i got 100/100mbit and my pc can run all games on MAX grafics (except eu) so i blame MA

i never get higher than 11ms for google dns server, i got 100/100mbit and my pc can run all games on MAX grafics (except eu) so i blame MA

I'm not defending MA's case, I try to be objective.

I never have rubberbanding and I am playing on the same servers as you so I cannot blame MA.
Maybe your provider has bad peering to the datacenter where the servers from MA are. I believe they are in Amsterdam so close to the AMS-IX. Although it seems that there is peering in Stockholm: https://www.ams-ix.net/connect-to-ams-ix/peering-around-the-globe
But a server cannot give selective rubberbanding per avatar.
I am curious tho to do some tests, contact me ingame when you have an area with heavy rubberbanding, I want to see if I have some as well.

If someone from US or Australia have more rubberbanding due higher latency it seems logical, but I don't hear much complaints about that. A Danish soc. member don't have any issues, but a Swedish soc. member also seems to have more rubberbanding.
So maybe it is a provider issue.

We are today experiencing some rubber-banding...
But what is creating this rubber-banding in game atm ?
There is no robot war attack, no massive player concentration like a land grab, nothing (I feel) that can motivate a modification in the general band-width.

Yes, I try to be objective myself too, and I use my 9 years knowledges of the game to "try" to analyse things.

Each year in the past in the Project Entropia times, the Christmas period was the biggest rubber-banding period in the full year. As mindark thought it was necessary to add hundreds of christmas trees which were CLEARLY creating a huge part of this rubber-banding that ALL OF US were suffering.
Notice that this happened several years in a row, and the Christmas period in PE is probably the longest in the world from december to february.

Rubber-banding/lag have always been the favourite period to generate MISSes in the game = easy money

Mindark are certainly testing the Christmas instance system they will provide us in few days...

And I bet the rubber-banding we are experiencing today, is NOTHING compared to what's gonna happen soon.
GL for Mayhem guys ! ;)

A Danish soc. member don't have any issues, but a Swedish soc. member also seems to have more rubberbanding.

If I remember correctly the game servers are in Holland or Germany therefore I would expect a Dannish player to have less latency than a Swedish (assuming both have decent internet connections).

Wrong!!!!

Kill em all part 1, I managed to finish at Ashi, and nearly completed kill em all part 2 aswell.
That's an island specific mission :)

Edit
Damn, I never actualy counted the trox, trax, armax and molisk up, to see if they were being counted, in iron mission, i'll do that later on.

Not wrong, that "bug" was here before last vu. I finished "Kill em all Part 6" some weeks ago while doing molisks, scips, ambu, .... all of them were OFF that island.

Rubber-banding/lag have always been the favourite period to generate MISSes in the game = easy money

Lag <> rubberbanding.

Rubberbanding= when you are running, you suddenly are put back x amount of meters where you came from.

Lag = when you are running, you stand still on screen and suddenly you are thrown x meters forward in the direction you are running.

Lag is what causing missed and failed shots, not rubberbanding.
I do have lag but I don't have rubberbanding.

when craft : can't make a trade pvp / can't check auction ... bug or a new feature ?

Noticed today after the patch, that few times I couln't land my VTOL, can stir all other directions, so I had to drive it a bit further and than ''go down'' button was fixed
:)
I'd say a bug, but who am I to judge :)

Good, thought it was just my bad driving and/or no coffee this morning trying to drive my DragonFly around with it getting stuck here and there.:ahh:

Something happend to laser amps (OA103) it looks like. Made a run with EWE EP Fury and decay was normal, after that I made a short run on small trox with M2875 and OA103 and decay was only around 13 PED after around 2400 shot. Normaly amp is dead after 1812 uses, 29,10 PED decay. Made supportcase and waiting for response. Don't know if it was only a temporary bug at me or if it is a bug with combinition of amp/UL-Weapon(s). So be careful. If you notice this bug at you, better stop using it until MA has answered.

Cu
-Ron

I never have rubberbanding and I am playing on the same servers as you so I cannot blame MA.
Maybe your provider has bad peering to the datacenter where the servers from MA are. I believe they are in Amsterdam so close to the AMS-IX. Although it seems that there is peering in Stockholm: https://www.ams-ix.net/connect-to-ams-ix/peering-around-the-globe
But a server cannot give selective rubberbanding per avatar.
I am curious tho to do some tests, contact me ingame when you have an area with heavy rubberbanding, I want to see if I have some as well.

If someone from US or Australia have more rubberbanding due higher latency it seems logical, but I don't hear much complaints about that. A Danish soc. member don't have any issues, but a Swedish soc. member also seems to have more rubberbanding.

its not my internet, iv even tested on my old laptop, no rubberbanding, only lagg when vtols or such appears due to bad hardware, so there is something in my hardware EU dosnt support sens VU 12,9.

i will try reinstall computer when i got time, but all other games iv tryed past days works with max grafics.

Computer Stats

CPU: I7 950
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
DDR3: 12gb Kingston Hyper X
GFX: Nvidia 670 GTX
PSU: OCZ 750W
HD: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB

Same here still!

I got this weird lags yesterday. look at the stream about 50minutes out and it shows. I'm shooting the mob but the dmg doesn't show as inflicted and then suddenly all damage comes in. Have never seen this before. Also asked a player that was in the same area and he had it to. Using 40/20mbit connection and wired network with low latency (tested when this problem occured). I was streaming at that time but that does not have any impact on the game usually.

http://twitch.tv/miniminimmine/b/345253589

Back