VU 7.4 Listing

Status
Hmm so, if i want skill FA / Diagnosis i should buy ek-2500 Deluxe to skill up fast? :eek:

With fap 5 i got no skills so with better fap you get more skills :) well i can't tell that deluxe is better than fap 5 :p but you lose 1.x ped on decay so skills should be ok :)

I like the skill gain but i dont like the discipleship increase... i was 50 away from 800 lb the night before 7.4 figured i would get up the next day and finish, now i am 1,000 lb skills away from finishing and myne ah bird (my mentor) is pretty much as ticked as me. i want to cry :'( :mad:

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but it is also no longer possible to pick up other people's mines/probes. Which is annoying, seeing they leave those things cluttering everywhere ;)

I wonder whether MA put a max timeslot on dropped items, or whether they'll be there indefintely. If it's the latter, let's all start making art with mines, and have them around for centuries to come ;)

My thoughts on VU 7.4 so far

Now i know most of this has already been said, and that ill be called a whiner, moron, idiot aso. Dont really care, feel free to flame if you must, but facts are as follows... Now that VU has "been here" for a while and people tested it all i see is people leaving, on strike from playing, thinking about quitting aso. There will always be some that quit and some that come back after a VU that changes alot of stuff, it has always been that way and always will be i guess, but beeing here as long as i have i can 100% surely say that this is the worst ive ever seen... Noone (=extremely few) is online @any time of day in any towns... Noone (=noone) is online on my fl, 2weeks ago i had a constant 10-20 people on @any given time (I know im only one person, but most i know say same thing) A massive amount of friends quit... Not just "sold all equip, and i know theyll be back" But sold all skills, equip and left game hating it, thats new...

This is gonna be a long post... Didnt post earlier but kinda wanted to know that what i wrote was "right" so to speak, and came from own experience and from alot of ingame time...

1. Skillsystem
One thing is that MA decided to change it somewhat, may be needed, may not. But changing something totally overnight that some people used for 2-3 years sucks... And whats even worse, it actually devaluates alot of effort since;

a) If your high in skill your basically stuck, I dont know about you guys but getting to 5k hg/190hp aso after 3 years of hunting and now not being able to go further pisses me off... On the same note it makes some "untouchable" (me incl i guess...) how the hell is that gonna balance game in any way?
b) If you worked youre arse off to get to 2k, 3k, 4k it now means nothing... A noob can get to your lvl in about 1/10 of the time you spent on it=They Feck every middle player too... And yes i know sideskills dont go as fast, but all in all id say getting to "3k-rifle/hg-totalskills" (if that makes sence?) Now takes alot less time...
ba) Goes to "b)" basically... If MA wanted to change skillsystem so bad why the hell wasnt the lvls that people ALREADY HAD taken into consideration??? i.e. change all skills on an avatar according to the work that was put in them (according to actual experience..)? For example if you just got past 3k barrier, change it to first real hardass slowdown in new system? (Think its now 4k, but not sure, anyways you get the idea...)
c) This is basically regarding "survival" of PE as such, and dont put more drama into it than need be... But if its the way i see it this change alienated alot of the playerbase, and feel free to disagree, but; As i see it a BIG part of the players in PE played for skilling/getting skills itself... Now if MA wants to change system so you only get skills from hunting, hey, i welcome that dearly... I always hated the fact that people could just put in 100k peds, stand in a ring, and get 6k rifle, 6k hg aso doing nada... Also hated the fapping (And yes i did alot of it myself, but since system has been that way forever it was kinda the only way to get to the point where i was able to hunt the stuff i wanted, if all had been forced to hunt from the start instead of afk-skilling then having the 150+ hp i have from actual hunting would still be high compared... MA wouldt have had to nerf defenceskills aso...Dunno if this comment makes sence, but i hope you get my point... :p)
Back on track... If they want to make people hunt just fubar afkskilling and ringskilling as such? Dont force certain weapons on people that cant afford/dont have the skills to use em...? On mobs they cant handle/dont wanna hunt...?
d) I liked the fact that we had to find stuff out for ourselves from day one ingame... I think its one of the things that makes PE great, since it forces community itself to interact and help eachother. Basically id say thats one of the things that made it the best "3D chatroom" in the world...:p but...
The feedback from MA regarding these changes is below all criticism possible... You cant, imho, have a system for THAT long, expect people to figure it out themselves without ANY help, and then when you finally get close to knowing how the feck something works ingame change it all like this without even commenting it publically? And nope i dont consider the 3 lines of useless info in CL a public comment...

2. New spawnsystem
a) It has killed exploring as such... Newbies cant run around discovering Calypso @all anymore since they would get killed in no time basically...
b) Hunting bring an arseload of decay to armor/alot of dying unless you got good fap/armor, both because of the wierd "pause" between 5 mobs dieing until they all spawn @once right ontop of you, and because of the migrating... nuff said...
c) The radar... ffs MA Why even bother to have 100+ range weaps ingame if you cant use em? + Kinda hard to run TPs or from a->b since suddenly when you take one step 8 red dots appear inside attackrange and go for you... Finally tpchips became even more dangerous to use since no matter where you go/tp to youll be sure to land on 5+ mobs and either ctd due to lag or just basically get killed... Make the radar clientbased and make it optional (seasick dancing trees should be optional too btw...) Then people can decide themselves, cant be that hard... +From what im hearing the radar actually increases lag since it suddenly has to log 10+ mobs @a time instead of 1-3 per step you take...

Might edit this later if i find more to bitch about :p

Optima, who now surely expects no loot to ever come his way again...

Optima said:
If MA wanted to change skillsystem so bad why the hell wasnt the lvls that people ALREADY HAD taken into consideration??? i.e. change all skills on an avatar according to the work that was put in them (according to actual experience..)? For example if you just got past 3k barrier, change it to first real hardass slowdown in new system? (Think its now 4k, but not sure, anyways you get the idea...)

I completely agree with this, and the reason I dont like this VU is because MA havent done this.

Changing each avatars skills to the corrsponding skill level according the the new skills system, is the only fair and most logical thing MA could have done

Well said. The next VU is the big test for MA. If they dont take notice they will lose many players. Most of us are keeping this hope that they will fix some of this... mostly the skills. When that VU comes and our hope killed, we will move on and find another game to immerse ourselves in.

I cant afford to play this progressive mob hunting game. I hunt tough mobs and lose so bad. Once I play out these last peds I will move on. Pity though... its the players like me that you think they want... can play all day and has some money to keep pumping in.

Wish they would actually talk to the community. That itself will be the killer.

Jove said:
its the players like me that you think they want... can play all day and has some money to keep pumping in.

You are hogging too much bandwidth. Better to get players who play for one hour a week and spend more than you :D

Jove said:
Well said. The next VU is the big test for MA. If they dont take notice they will lose many players. Most of us are keeping this hope that they will fix some of this... mostly the skills. When that VU comes and our hope killed, we will move on and find another game to immerse ourselves in.

I cant afford to play this progressive mob hunting game. I hunt tough mobs and lose so bad. Once I play out these last peds I will move on. Pity though... its the players like me that you think they want... can play all day and has some money to keep pumping in.

Wish they would actually talk to the community. That itself will be the killer.

I subscribe Optima post completly.
And quote this to enlight what I liked of MA.

When I joined the game last year PE wasn't no longer a Beta game (Althought it still feels like one today)

Therefore I didn't expect to find a game that afterwoods makes big changes to the gameplay without giving good reasons for it.

This hasn't been the case, they treat us like we are playing still the alpha stage.

People have entrusted MA to make wise changes but this last skill change is just absurd.

I can acccept that the loots change over time, I was able to accept that the ways to get skills were to change after carefull studies and in small steps over a long period of time.
I can't accept that MA changes something that I feel enjoyable for a reason that I can't understand why.

When I started to play I view this game as a place where everybody would have similiar oportunities of success.
Sure that for to have the most you would to have started earlier possible to get some items that were given to promote the game, still if you have enough money you could buy out that disadvantadge if you wanted.

Now you can't.
Don't tell me about the transfer of skill because in high levels it is ridiculous.

And if that wasn't the case I remember you that there are still which can't be transfered at the moment.

I wanted to be in a position that if I did the same things that others did in the past with the same sucess I would be at the same level of them.

Isn't this fair ?

If it was because the higher players had already too many skills and they didn't wanted for other people to have it also :
1) this create a elite of players that only brings resentment to the rest of players.
2) this players will allways be in an advantadge that nobody can fairly expect to decrease.
3) they will get better returns than the most of us and being able to hunt the most dangerous mobs will give them the opportunity to get items that many people want, once the monopoly is establish they can sell those for higher profit than it would be possible if everybody thought that later in the future they also could hunt those mobs and get them by themselfs.
4) nobody wants to give way hard earned wealth to other people without a good reason; being there first and being born out of the right mother at the right time has allways cause much regrets feelings in real life for the past millions of years, and the ways to level this are constantly taken away

I didn't expect to find this in a virtual universe.

5) since people have the chance to leave they will, we get screwed all the time in real life because of this why should we pay to get this in a virtual universe.

[I'll edit this later on, I'm really tired of winning for now]

My opinion

Optima said:
a) If your high in skill your basically stuck, I dont know about you guys but getting to 5k hg/190hp aso after 3 years of hunting and now not being able to go further pisses me off... On the same note it makes some "untouchable" (me incl i guess...) how the hell is that gonna balance game in any way?
b) If you worked youre arse off to get to 2k, 3k, 4k it now means nothing... A noob can get to your lvl in about 1/10 of the time you spent on it=They Feck every middle player too... And yes i know sideskills dont go as fast, but all in all id say getting to "3k-rifle/hg-totalskills" (if that makes sence?) Now takes alot less time...

As you stated in this a)-b) you say that noobs asily can get up to your levels at handgun, well thats the onlöy skill easy to get up. I guess since you got 5000 handgun that you should have about 6500-7000 in aim and maybe about 6000 dexterity. I can tell you that thoose two skills most of the noobs hardly ever will reach since thoose skills affecting more then one profession is now very hard gained. Instead of complaining that noobs reaches your level in one-tenth of a time you should instead be happy since they will hardly get all the skills you got now in double the time, you has been given the oppurtunity to get skills affecting many profession easy by playing the game whle it was like that.

Optima said:
Noone (=extremely few) is online @any time of day in any towns...

In this case the reason why there are fewer people in city is quite easy to know why. Since thoose who skilled crafting ( such as myself ) and tailoring hardly gains any skills anymore they ain't online waiting for the skillgains to get fixed and the "as-said-by-community" crating vu 7.6. Also traders selling such materials and resources lost the ability to sell such since the people ain't online buying anymore.

Also thoose players skilling in the ring are gone for the reason they can't skill on cheap weapons anymore as you already stated in your text.

Optima said:
2. New spawnsystem
a) It has killed exploring as such... Newbies cant run around discovering Calypso @all anymore since they would get killed in no time basically...

This I can agree with you, the exploring possiblities has gotten alot smaller.

Optima said:
b)" basically... If MA wanted to change skillsystem so bad why the hell wasnt the lvls that people ALREADY HAD taken into consideration??? i.e. change all skills on an avatar according to the work that was put in them (according to actual experience..)? For example if you just got past 3k barrier, change it to first real hardass slowdown in new system? (Think its now 4k, but not sure, anyways you get the idea...)

This I can't really understand. I myself just got passed with 2 skills over the 3k barrier, (longblade and melee combat, if that is to any interest :) ) If you wanted they to adjust the skillexperience you would proboly have really low skills since it seems like you have skilled mostly at small mobs with small guns ( since you are complaining that you have to use bigger gun against bigger mobs ). Be glad instead you had the oppurtunity to get skills easy and cheap. Before thoose who was rich and would like to pass your handgun skill would just have to buy two full chips with handgun and in a blink of an eye they surpassed your handgun skills ;). But now that way ain't effective anymore since the new skill system. Now you must play the game to get good, you can't just buy skills and get good.

Optima said:
b) Hunting bring an arseload of decay to armor/alot of dying unless you got good fap/armor, both because of the wierd "pause" between 5 mobs dieing until they all spawn @once right ontop of you, and because of the migrating... nuff said...

Yes due to the bigger spawningrate of mobs that can happen and that will increase your decay at both faps and armor. But the bigger spawnrate is a need now when people starting to use bigger guns when they hunt and therefore more kills. I rather see my decay be bigger at faps and armor ( I even had to buy fap50 to survive this vu but the decay isnt that big *I think* ) then running around searching for mobs as they was a rare sight on Calypso.

Optima said:
c) The radar... ffs MA Why even bother to have 100+ range weaps ingame if you cant use em? + Kinda hard to run TPs or from a->b since suddenly when you take one step 8 red dots appear inside attackrange and go for you... Finally tpchips became even more dangerous to use since no matter where you go/tp to youll be sure to land on 5+ mobs and either ctd due to lag or just basically get killed... Make the radar clientbased and make it optional (seasick dancing trees should be optional too btw...) Then people can decide themselves, cant be that hard... +From what im hearing the radar actually increases lag since it suddenly has to log 10+ mobs @a time instead of 1-3 per step you take...

As you say here that the use of great range weapons can't be used anymore since the sight been reduced for you is something I can agree with you.

When you say that it's really hard to run to a specific spot is hard I can also agree, tho that is something you have to live with if you want it to be any mobs to hunt outthere. And when you say that with one step 8 mobs will appear in attack range I know that is a false statement. None mobs appears before it's attack range that's a fact.

TP-chip being dangerous to use now? Yes they are if you don't know where you teleport yourself. Teleporting randomly is a dangerous thing. But if you know the spawns where there are mobs and where there are not that wont happen. The new vu I think has increased the use of TP-chips since people wanna get to a specific spot without having to come across mobs that they dont wanna or have time to challange.

Having the radar/sight-lengt as an option is a good idea. I think MA know that but by some reason they have problem/a reason to not have it as an option, since there are alot of things they could have as options such as resolution and more but they haven't.

Radar now increasing lag? Well I think that is quite false statement. Since the radar as now gotten a smaller range doesn't make all mobs appearing at same time, it would still be the same with the old radar range. But now you wont have a full radar of red dots that may be laggy but insted you just have half a radar full of red dots.

Well that's my words not meant to flame you but just wanted to come with my opinions. And what I've seen in your post is that you are making up a little extra of everything just to get it more interesting and that I don't like, you got good opinions but you put a little extra in everything you say please don't do that in further posts but please still post your opinions and do such nice posts as this was even if I couldn't agree with you at all of your opinions.

If you think I've posted anything wrong in this post please then comment that.

Thanks for the post Optima

Nice résumé of last weeks Optima.

I totally agree in ALL points.

All i can say is, that my onlinetime has reduced down to like 10% of the time i spent in pe before 7.4. And like u already said, one look at my friendlist says the same for a lot other people.
Actually im not in the mood to deposit any more money, to just get some crappy skills, which i even cant sell anymore for good money. The only thing that kept me depositing was the fact that i someday can sell all my skills and get back some of my money. But the whole skillimplantsystem is fubared now too. In consideration of the material value, my avatar is worth a shit now since 7.4.

Atm i just log in from time to time, to have some chats (lol@"biggest 3dchatroom"), visit some towns or maybe hunt a bit. But surely not as excessive as in older times...

Im very sad at the moment, cause i always loved PE and still do it. Its a great game, but the last changes done by MA are plain and simple said:
Ubershitty!

Let`s hold on hope and see what 7.5 brings ;)

Malvakten said:
In this case the reason why there are fewer people in city is quite easy to know why. Since thoose who skilled crafting ( such as myself ) and tailoring hardly gains any skills anymore they ain't online waiting for the skillgains to get fixed and the "as-said-by-community" crating vu 7.6. Also traders selling such materials and resources lost the ability to sell such since the people ain't online buying anymore.

I mostly have hunters on my FL (Maybe 2-3 who are not hunters) and now I rarely see more than 4 people online at a time. And my FL is at max capasity, no more room for people.

Malvakten said:
Yes due to the bigger spawningrate of mobs that can happen and that will increase your decay at both faps and armor. But the bigger spawnrate is a need now when people starting to use bigger guns when they hunt and therefore more kills. I rather see my decay be bigger at faps and armor ( I even had to buy fap50 to survive this vu but the decay isnt that big *I think* ) then running around searching for mobs as they was a rare sight on Calypso.

So what you are saying is that you would rather get a smaller ROI than having to spend some time on finding a good hunting area. :)

Malvakten said:
And when you say that with one step 8 mobs will appear in attack range I know that is a false statement. None mobs appears before it's attack range that's a fact.

Not entirely false I must say. (Think they might have adjusted the radar a little since 7.4 first came out) But I have tried having traxes attacking me the sec they stepped into radar range.

Malvakten said:
TP-chip being dangerous to use now? Yes they are if you don't know where you teleport yourself. Teleporting randomly is a dangerous thing. But if you know the spawns where there are mobs and where there are not that wont happen. The new vu I think has increased the use of TP-chips since people wanna get to a specific spot without having to come across mobs that they dont wanna or have time to challange.

If I wanna TP from Cape C, towards south east to hunt Itu's for instance, then I'll most likely hit a big trox spawn.
Which is not the problem, I'll survive most of the time, depending of the size of the troxes and the spawns... My problem with is the decay I get on my armor from being hit by 5-10 troxes and only being able to kill one at a time.

Those where my 2 cents... :)

Quote:
As you stated in this a)-b) you say that noobs asily can get up to your levels at handgun, well thats the onlöy skill easy to get up. I guess since you got 5000 handgun that you should have about 6500-7000 in aim and maybe about 6000 dexterity. I can tell you that thoose two skills most of the noobs hardly ever will reach since thoose skills affecting more then one profession is now very hard gained. Instead of complaining that noobs reaches your level in one-tenth of a time you should instead be happy since they will hardly get all the skills you got now in double the time, you has been given the oppurtunity to get skills affecting many profession easy by playing the game whle it was like that.

Read again, i didnt state that people could get to my lvl fast, I actually said im "one of the untouchables" What i said was the "medium players" are the fooked ones since they can be caught VERY fast skillwise... If that was unclear id say this settles it atleast...

Quote:
This I can't really understand. I myself just got passed with 2 skills over the 3k barrier, (longblade and melee combat, if that is to any interest ) If you wanted they to adjust the skillexperience you would proboly have really low skills since it seems like you have skilled mostly at small mobs with small guns ( since you are complaining that you have to use bigger gun against bigger mobs ). Be glad instead you had the oppurtunity to get skills easy and cheap. Before thoose who was rich and would like to pass your handgun skill would just have to buy two full chips with handgun and in a blink of an eye they surpassed your handgun skills . But now that way ain't effective anymore since the new skill system. Now you must play the game to get good, you can't just buy skills and get good

Anyone thats ever seen me hunt/global/whatever knows that i dont hunt small mobs roflmao... Im not only talking on own behalf, im also stating what other people told me... And besides i actually say (have you read whole post @all????) That i dont like ringskilling.... That i LIKE that people have to hunt for skills... The thing im against is forcing people to choose specific weapons and mobs since some weap/mob combos gives 0 skills @all now... And btw i didnt like chipsystem from the start but thats a whole other discussion...

Radar doesnt increase lag, but doesnt decrease it either... And your right, my bad, its the insane uberspawn that makes radar a laginstrument. But my point was mainly that the reduced visual range didnt help, my post wasnt that clear on that point, sorry for that.

i total agree Optima :p

i wont bother comment on how it work , how it dont work , how it should work...
thats 2 years i write the same things in all forum , in my suport case ,in game ....
VU 7.4 make me mind for the first time to really live.
with som other VU like 6.1 , i just think to play less , and see what happen , but this VU make me think of quiting...
i speaked to lots player , old player , low and big depositer , and all , are quitting , or allready quitted , in best case they stop play and deposit , and what see next VU what MA will bring....

i just add something about crafting..
take skill in crafting is now near impossible ... it cost a lot less to by skill than skilling , since with "exellent COS" if you got 70% TT back you are lucky ,and with2k skill if you get 1 skill gain on 100 try you again lucky...

i just wonder what is MA point , make all player at 2 or 3 k skill when the slow down start and it become impossible to get skill for descent price ?

Optima, who now surely expects no loot to ever come his way again...

no worrie i am in same list,MA dont like people who speak the true.som get rewarded by armor , my guess is MA will create Etopia toilet , and maybe the Mentor edition come with Fan and paper...

Etopia said:
my guess is MA will create Etopia toilet , and maybe the Mentor edition come with Fan and paper...

:birthday: :laugh:
My guess is that the ME edition will have a faster flush :D

I think there is alot quiters too, but those who quited the first day after the new Release, Was overreactors...

Remember MA has to adjust, Test, and balance the Skill system, Calm down a little, and take a look at how it evolve..

I would wish MA made back old system, but did Change the old a bit..

for example the stuff, That nowadays.. u can't just buy yourself uber skills, That must be a great thing?..

Think twice before quiting, and look how's the game evolve.. Loads of ppl overeact, its like "all people are quiting, Fast sell sell sell b4 its too late".. rellaaax. There is still loads of participants who dont quit...

I'm just waiting to see what "surprise" MA has in store for us that has them creating (or de-creating) all the stuff so far.

Just holding out hope that behind all the changes there will be a good reason for it all.

This VU sucks and i agree also with Optima .
First as a miner,the increased population didnot let me mine ...
I finally managed to mine a bit near towns,though sometimes i have been killed 10 times to go extract a quite far deposit...
Then i had hard time to sell my stock ...
Crafters not getting skills made my lysterium hofs useless ...Lysterium went from 150% to 120-125% in 3 days....
I couldnot see my usual crafters for days ...
When i finally achieved to sell it ,i thought the best activity was hunting ..
So i hunted and found out that i gained more skills when i dont hit than when i hit !!!!
And also that my gun doesnot work properly anymore and doesnot shoot once on 3 times !
When i got broken (yeah it happens :) ) ,i checked skills ...
I need to say that i sold skills in January and never used a gun since ,only mined ...Therefore i had 3 skills still at 0 : Aim,handgun,inflict ranged damage...

So i checked skills and found :
Aim=387
Inflict Ranged Damage=438
Handgun= 1453.

I have mainly hunted argonauts,feffoids ,small troxes,atraxes,rippersnapper...
And maybe spent around 2500 peds of ammo with M2875,i cant remember exactly.

So? am i happier than before VU?
If crafters are not buying ores,no.
If miners cannot mine quite safely,no.
The only good thing with this VU is the mining skills (prospecting,geology,surverying) which are faster than before.

Etopia said:
no worrie i am in same list,MA dont like people who speak the true.som get rewarded by armor , my guess is MA will create Etopia toilet , and maybe the Mentor edition come with Fan and paper...

Lol ...Do you need Francine toilet brush?

oh well, this VU has really forced me off from small mobs and to go hunt bigger and bigger, have to say it's not that bad at all in funfactor, hunting ambulis, big troxies, gokis etc. sure is fun and exciting, but drains your ped card empty pretty fast...

also i have wanted to become as good huntress as possible, lets say reach closer 10k skills in my primary hunting skills, now i just have to accept the fact it is never gonna happen and live with it...

my meaningless 1 pec

Optima said:
Read again, i didnt state that people could get to my lvl fast, I actually said im "one of the untouchables" What i said was the "medium players" are the fooked ones since they can be caught VERY fast skillwise... If that was unclear id say this settles it atleast...

Okej, my fault.
Well still think it will be good for game anyway, the new skill system is needed and should be implented at the start but now this is the way they made it. Still thinks its good even if it's unfair.

Euroman said:
I mostly have hunters on my FL (Maybe 2-3 who are not hunters) and now I rarely see more than 4 people online at a time. And my FL is at max capasity, no more room for people.

Just talked about people in cities, never meantioned anything about hunters and such.

Euroman said:
So what you are saying is that you would rather get a smaller ROI than having to spend some time on finding a good hunting area.

ROI is a something I dont know what it means and yes I rather have many good spawns in Calypso then a few.

As I meantioned in my post I just wrote down my opinions and thoose ain't facts :), sorry for the missunderstanding.

Still says servers are down, trying to in to Arkadia

Status
Back