Waiting for boss mob during wave events

:computer: reading this as i am in my quad waiting for boss...

Just make all the loot go into a box like it does with beacons. When the wave event ends, either from timeout or completing, hand out the loot.

lmao

wow are you guys going on about this still???
just don't do the waves and problem is solved... or you can do the waves who cares..... stop crying

Not sure how you hate people who wait ? what difference does it make to you?? oh a little ammo then again don't do it.. I am sure sooner or later if anyone wants the boss they will shoot it..............

stop the pain

Has an Item ever actually dropped from the Warchief boss? I have done it several times and have SOC mates who do it regularly and I don't think an Item has ever dropped in any of the many HOFs or Globals.

Granted - it is a dick move to wait until the Boss mob - just call them out and hope they decide to help out - that's what we usually do - If they don't, oh well move on - so far for me it's always been stackables and distributed loot based on damage.

so i didnt read the whole thing but felt like i have to give my opinion on it, for those that were killing warchief a couple of days ago, zayka was there all day waiting only for boss spawn, and yes, there is nothing in the eula that says he cant do that, its just a dick move just like scaming ( not agains the rules of eula), and i do feal like improvements must be made, i myself whenever people were doing the sandking event, always only waited for the sandking to spawn, couse the mobs befor sandking are total crap, its the same whit the warchief.

somebody allready mentioned that all the loot you get from a single monster, should be put in a loot pool and distributed depending on damage dealt to all players when event ends, this means that somebody could still wait only to attack the final boss, but he wouldnt be rewarded that greatly for doing so

somebody allready mentioned that all the loot you get from a single monster, should be put in a loot pool and distributed depending on damage dealt to all players when event ends, this means that somebody could still wait only to attack the final boss, but he wouldnt be rewarded that greatly for doing so

This is exactly the point. People camp this boss for the combat tokens, those only come from the boss none from the waves. So basing the distribution of those tokens (together or separate from all the other loot) on the damage done through the whole event will make it much less worth while to just sit and wait for the final mob. People may still do it, but they won't receive many tokens at all while those that did the whole event will get the bulk of them.

As I understand it, 'shared loot' mobs work as a sort of 'pseudoteam' and employ much of regular teams' mechanics (and, on a side note, this is probably why the loot from them doesn't show up in team chat).

Now when I think of it, 'All loot shared by damage done at the end of the hunt' could be a great option for regular teams as well, at least in certain contexts (e.g. above average risk of dying, frequent swarming etc.). Not sure how globals would work though :)

Last edited:
lmao

wow are you guys going on about this still???
just don't do the waves and problem is solved... or you can do the waves who cares..... stop crying

Not sure how you hate people who wait ? what difference does it make to you?? oh a little ammo then again don't do it.. I am sure sooner or later if anyone wants the boss they will shoot it..............

stop the pain

Hey look, a miner got lost and ended up in this thread.

It's good to see there is at least solidarity in your soc.

This is one of the reasons I never take part in ANY event; it seems to me that the idea of getting a few cents/dollars brings out the worst in people (which to me shows their true colours). I am also amazed that some think that hiding behind lame excuses is appropriate.

EU is becoming a dog-eats-dog world and at least for myself, it means that I don't make friends in game, I don't belong to any Societies etc. It's really sad, as a big part of EU was suppose to be it's social aspects and interactivity between people. In almost 10 years of playing I saw acts of kindness that made me proud to be a part of this universe... but these are way far in between nowadays.
I guess adaptation is the key.

Has an Item ever actually dropped from the Warchief boss? I have done it several times and have SOC mates who do it regularly and I don't think an Item has ever dropped in any of the many HOFs or Globals.

Granted - it is a dick move to wait until the Boss mob - just call them out and hope they decide to help out - that's what we usually do - If they don't, oh well move on - so far for me it's always been stackables and distributed loot based on damage.

The boss in question is known to have dropped ESI´s a good number of times.

This is one of the reasons I never take part in ANY event; it seems to me that the idea of getting a few cents/dollars brings out the worst in people (which to me shows their true colours). I am also amazed that some think that hiding behind lame excuses is appropriate.

EU is becoming a dog-eats-dog world and at least for myself, it means that I don't make friends in game, I don't belong to any Societies etc. It's really sad, as a big part of EU was suppose to be it's social aspects and interactivity between people. In almost 10 years of playing I saw acts of kindness that made me proud to be a part of this universe... but these are way far in between nowadays.

Don't give up and don't adapt (at least not in that case), if you take out the social part of entropia you are left inside a repeating game with boring core mechanics. I'm sure if you try hard enough you can find decent people around you. Even success is boring if you can't share it.

it's been going that way for a long time but with grinding missions it accelerated the process by turning EU into a single player game.

When MA left it up to the players and the ped turnover was lower the players tended to spend a lot more time socializing.

Try and organise a full moon party with 200 players dancing around a beach hut for 8 hours and all you'd get now are questions if there's a prize :rolleyes:

Don't give up and don't adapt (at least not in that case), if you take out the social part of entropia you are left inside a repeating game with boring core mechanics. I'm sure if you try hard enough you can find decent people around you. Even success is boring if you can't share it.
Very true; I'm not a very outgoing person so I can cope with being by myself most of the time in the game. However, back a few years I was part of great Soc with amazing people and I enjoyed it immensely. I also took part in a few WoFs and actually won 1 year... again a fantastic experience. But... most of those guys are now gone, or logging on once a year not in a small part because of the behaviour of some.
I do still have hope!

it's been going that way for a long time but with grinding missions it accelerated the process by turning EU into a single player game.

When MA left it up to the players and the ped turnover was lower the players tended to spend a lot more time socializing.

Try and organise a full moon party with 200 players dancing around a beach hut for 8 hours and all you'd get now are questions if there's a prize :rolleyes:
Again... very true.

Back