Waiting for boss mob during wave events

i would not call it cheating but leeching actually :tongue2:

Obviously the system is made in a way were such things are very possible:
  • Anyone can participate in a wave event by entering the area at any given time;
  • It's shared loot.

Obviously you can argue that MA has done a poor job of the wave events by for example giving out better loot/item drops etc only on boss mobs and not let says according to total damage done on the wave.

But in no way you can consider it cheating - the rules of the wave event are quite clear to me - anyone can join at any given time and shoot how much or whatever he wants.

Obviously the system is made in a way were such things are very possible:
  • Anyone can participate in a wave event by entering the area at any given time;
  • It's shared loot.

Obviously you can argue that MA has done a poor job of the wave events by for example giving out better loot/item drops etc only on boss mobs and not let says according to total damage done on the wave.

But in no way you can consider it cheating - the rules of the wave event are quite clear to me - anyone can join at any given time and shoot how much or whatever he wants.

I agree, definatnely not cheating.

Its just shitty, cheap and rude

Thanks.

As a result of this thread, there have been several changes to my "no trading" and "trading limited" lists.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to help nibs to kill boss! :laugh:

Well best way to fix I thing its make the event who shot wave 1,2,3 ,4,5, make average damage get tokens at the end so people start shooting from the beginning if the wanna tokens

if player don't shot wave ( 1,2,3 ,4,5 )
{ don't get tokens from boss }
Player "name" average damage otherwise
Only get normal loot

hihi

Well best way to fix I thing its make the event who shot wave 1,2,3 ,4,5, make average damage get tokens at the end so people start shooting from the beginning if the wanna tokens

if player don't shot wave ( 1,2,3 ,4,5 )
{ don't get tokens from boss }
Player "name" average damage otherwise
Only get normal loot

hihi

^^^ this would solve the problem but I agree with what most have said here, whilst not cheating it is a bit shitty and smells of leeching. I started off doing this mission - but gave up after a while when I realised that normally it was myself and one other doing the early rounds then half a dozen other avatars would turn up for the boss. That having been said, I have died during the wave event and revive is back at Corinth, so by the time you get back to the Maff camp it could look like you had just turned up for the boss, although it appears from the video that the two avatars are camping waiting for the boss.

It would be nice if you globalled on one of the early round mobs

I'm just trying to help nibs to kill boss! :laugh:

this thing u do, is not a smart thing, is obvious and anywone can do it. u should not do it as u should set an example of behaivour based on your skill and soc.

A simple solution is to let Token drop in small amounts during all the waves (1-6).

SoF is a nice bunch of guys and girls. There is NOTHING wrong with standing around in game not shooting the mob.

Next time I see you around, just watching something, you want me to make a nice montage of your bad sportsmanship?

Get a grip OP, and to mods... please lock or even delete this unnecessary thread, threads has been deleted and locked for a lot less

If anything, Mindark needs a fucking reality check. Their systems is not even close to complete before released and shitty systems turns player against player in a no-pvp zone.

A functional properly working system would never cause problems like this. I can imagine a handful of different systems that would work better than the current wave/boss events but I am not gonna waste my time writing about it and helping Mindark, I've lost the small faith I had left for them... So all up to MA which direction they want to go. I'm going my own from here onwards :)

They can't send 5 minutes to answer the simplest requests over support cases, I won't waste another second report bugging or suggesting. I will leave that to other people to have their ideas crushed and just simply ignored.

Just a question to the OP: The mobs from wave 1 to wave 5 give loot after killed?

What's the deal then?!

What's the deal then?!
It's not a secret that people do the wave solely for tokens. For mission points it's not quite rational because of waiting, mixed maturies, higher armor decay due to being swarmed etc. Also with low dps you just don't acquire any points at all most of the time.

do you have the copy rights to recod and post the video of those guys?:scratch:

MA should change the name of this game, Thief's Universe or something, today's game has so little from the old and nice concept which was Project Entropia, all you see today's is people trying to steal and MA encourage this.

do you have the copy rights to recod and post the video of those guys?:scratch:

Watch it, you might get the award of the dumbest thing I ever read on this forum. The only "copyright" owner is at best MA.

So a player is trying to do the wave; he's fighting with the mobs, with a bunch of slackers waiting on a hill. Then the boss is spawned, and then the slackers are descending on it.

You guys really have the nerve to come here and bash him for pointing it out. Where is the barf icon?

the worst thing is that it seems to be more experienced players doing it who can kill mobs easily with no fuss but instead want to leech of others ... its no big deal just expected more from these older players .... bit lame really ....

Watch it, you might get the award of the dumbest thing I ever read on this forum. The only "copyright" owner is at best MA.

So a player is trying to do the wave; he's fighting with the mobs, with a bunch of slackers waiting on a hill. Then the boss is spawned, and then the slackers are descending on it.

You guys really have the nerve to come here and bash him for pointing it out. Where is the barf icon?

Hard for me to say somthing agains Vlad Tepesh ), but it was a joke mate...

I do not see anything special about their actions. The same pattern was observed for Sand King Event. Simply there is less noticeable.
If you do not want to do all the dirty work, you can not participate or wait for the end. Because the only solution in this case - if the MA change event rules.
This is not exploit or cheat...
Ask yourself - maybe their guns is too big for first 5 waves? :laugh:

Ah yes the sand king event.... My Soc had started a wave event from wave 1. We had messaged all of our friends to come out and join. The loot was horrible. Towards the later waves, players were hovering about in their ships waiting for the Sand King. The event timed out due to 3 mobs on the hill nobody found till it was too late, and all 3 mobs were in view of the "campers". The worst part about the poor sportsmanship was they had complained about the timeout being BS, as if they had been there the whole time <screenies not needed, thats for my own private collection>.

On Arkadia, there is an Oratan wave spawn, the boss mob is an Oratan Lancer. The same tactic was used there. A Prominent Caly land owner was sitting, waiting on the sidelines, then when the boss has spawned, he came out of the bushes and out dps'd the players who were there for wave 1, taking the loot. <Once again screenies are for my own private collection, not meant for here>

The same things happens in the Maffoid tent. Players will wait and let others do their dirty work. All this will do is kill off the event the same way these "campers" have killed off the draw to the other wave events.

If MA really wants to offer a proper event, there needs to be limits in place... either change the wave spawns into instances, or wall off the openings after wave 4/10.... Something needs to change or they will keep dieing off shortly after the little guys keeps getting shat on.

Last edited:
You can't really expect any problems to be seen here by those who intentionally added space robbery to the game.

HAHA! That's a good one!

You can't really expect any problems to be seen here by those who intentionally added space robbery to the game.

Well that pretty much sums it up.

There are enough assholes in cyberspace without the game developers putting out a welcome mat.

There's even a soc now named "Freeloaders on the Hill".

Just shameful, really.

Beware the chupacabras.

People should remember that the original design of the wave spawn events was for it to be PVP.

Any lurkers or late comers could have been killed off by the team holding the area, it could also result in a bigger dps team stepping in and killing off all the players who'd been there from the start and taking over at the final stage.

But many players didn't like it, complained and this is the result exactly what we asked for.

Its been a common asshole practice since wave events were introduced. There really is no good way to solve it.

PVP will just mean the assholes will come in and kill the lower levels when the boss spawns.

Distributing the loot from the boss based on total damage in the event goes against the way EU works and would take MA decades to code.

Making it an instanced area would go against the theme of the wave events, and stop some where you need more than 12 people from working.

About the only solution you have to is to kindly ask the avatars to join in/wait for wave 1. If they do not comply, stop shooting and wait them out. Let their behavior reflect on themselves and their soc.

I would expect nothing less from cccp, but its very sad to see sof using these tactics :(

To the first post in this thread. Yes they are whores. Good job making a video about them.

Sure there is. Stop making boss mobs, they don't work in RCE.

Yeah that's the easiest way. But it's ridiculous to say there's no way to do it even with wave events.

Really wish there were more honor in top socs.

entropia_2013-12-09_21-08-53-27.gif

SoF like camping detected?

Back