wanting to start mindforce'ing

Xcessive

Alpha
i just made a character, have done some homework. but i am looking for some pro input.

I am wanting to initially invest in a heal chip, an attack chip, and sweat for income to pay for decay and mindforce ammo.

any input on which chips would be best to start with, and where my best place to find them would be.

Thanks in advance.

For mindforce healing, start with the Regeneration Chip I. You will need a mindforce implant for all mindforce chips and synthetic mind essence for the regeneration and attack chips. You can get the mindforce implant and the synthetic mind essence from the Trade Terminal (TT). The chips can be bought on auction. You also buy a Payn-Inc implant inserter from the TT and use it to place the implant into your avatar's head. You can sell the inserter back to the TT after using it.

EU is heavily based on skills and you will need to gain skill to use better, higher level chips. Good luck and have fun.

As a professional Mindforce user I would like to strongly suggest you go with Rifle to start your career and then doubleback to Mindforce after you've been in the game for a month or so.

Mindforce isn't as well developed as Rifle or Handguns are. There aren't as many top end items to be used (both attack and heal.)

As far as what and where to buy: where would be via auction.

What is up to you. Generally speaking Mindforce attacks break down into 3 groups:

Pyro (Fire and Corrosion)

Electro (Kinetic and Electric)

Cryo (Lacerating and Cryogenic)

Each has its +/-. For example, Corrosive Chips have a very short range but very fast rate of attack. Kinetic have medium range and medium attack. Etc.

This thread may help:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?251506-The-Different-Types-of-Mindforce-2-0

My suggestion, if you're going to ignore the one on starting with Rifle, would be to start with a Corrosive Attack Nanochip I. A healing chip would be Regeneration Chip I. Plus, you'll need an implant which you can buy at a blue Trade Terminal Neopsion 10.

But to belabor the point a far better plan would be after you download the game to do the Gateway Missions. Once you're out of the Gateway start on exploring your home planet (I'm on Calypso). Collect all the teleporters. Get a mentor. Then start sweating, chatting, and looking in auction to get a sense of the game economy.

After a month if you want to give it a go then buy the Gold Starter Pack from the webshop. Use the armor and rifle/amp/scope and healing pack combination there and do the Puny Mission Chain. If you finish that then make the switch to Mindforce if you still want.

Good luck

I liked the idea of sweating to start, to buy ammo.

in my reading i found that sweating increases things like psyche and concentration, which would prove helpful in mindforce activities.

I was just kinda looking at the synergies of sweating for PED .. which increases mindforce .. why not continue with additional mindforce skill!

thanks so much for the rapid replies!

I liked the idea of sweating to start, to buy ammo.

in my reading i found that sweating increases things like psyche and concentration, which would prove helpful in mindforce activities.

I was just kinda looking at the synergies of sweating for PED .. which increases mindforce .. why not continue with additional mindforce skill!

thanks so much for the rapid replies!

While you can earn PEDs via sweating to buy ammo it is a very slow grind. Very slow.

2 hours of sweating will buy you enough ammo (if you're lucky to get top price and have a great success rate) to shoot a rookie gun about 100 times.

I would plan on multiclassing. If you gain a few levels first in something else (which have a few skills that contribute to mindforce professions), you will both gain additional HP and have a wider selection of chips to choose from. Mindforce is a bit crippled on HP gains in comparison to other professions.

Don't want to put you off cause MF is great fun but later down the line you won't unlock things like coolness choosing the pure MF route.

Look through the skills section in entropedia and filter for hidden skills. Not all of the unlocks require a ranged weapon; if it doesn't require a ranged skill mindforce can unlock it even though its a combat skill.

If you haven't finished the iron puny or the carabok/gallard missions, I'd consider swunting them, sweating will let you get some cross skilling for mindforce attack skills, which does save you some ped and time in the long run. If you can hold off long enough before starting to do mindforce you may find that you have enough skills that will max a I or II attack nanochip.

I'd consider holding off until you're close to being able to use a III chip, and spend the ped to get a ul one. If you do grind, the ul chip is the only way to go. And keep grinding it until you're ready for a VII chip. then repeat until you can use a X or XI chip.

I like lacerating for a couple of reasons. The durability and dmg/pec is better. If you go with pyrokinetic or electrokinetic chips, for pryokinetic the corrosive is cheaper to skill with than combustive and for electrokinetic electric is cheaper to skill with than kinetic. I say skilling because you may end up using for example an electric chip grinding to skill and a kinetic chip when you're not grinding.

Like guns where you stick with laser or blp, stick with one attack family (cryo, pyro, or electro) until you reach lvl 50-55. If you do cryo, you will notice pyro and electro dmg around lvl27 and hit around lvl17. At that point you may want to spend a little time to lvl up the other 2 hit skills a few levels then get back to your primary attack.

Mindforce does offer one advantage over ranged weapons, convert shrapnel to universal ammo and use it; and tt the laser and blp ammo that you loot. Also all attack nanochips are SIB, compare that with ul guns where a lot aren't.

As a professional Mindforce user I would like to strongly suggest you go with Rifle to start your career and then doubleback to Mindforce after you've been in the game for a month or so.

Mindforce isn't as well developed as Rifle or Handguns are. There aren't as many top end items to be used (both attack and heal.)

I think this is a bad reason not to start with MF.
Mindforce has evolved quite a bit over the years. And it's now perfectly possible to skill on punies with mindforce.
Many small chips available for this.

Not many top end items in mindforce? Who cares, like any of us normal people can affor those topend items anyway.
There are many high level chips that will take you years of skilling to unlock(when not playing 24/7).

True, MF doesn't unlock some hidden skills. But isn't it the best reason to choose a profession that you simply like it? Fun should be the leading factor imo.

Just start with mindforce, and you'll quickly learn that you want to try other things as well.
And then in 10 years time look back on the past and see that everything went different as planned anyways.

Have fun with your mindforce!
It's certainly a lot more fun as that peew peew peew with a rifle!

But to belabor the point a far better plan would be after you download the game to do the Gateway Missions. Once you're out of the Gateway start on exploring your home planet (I'm on Calypso). Collect all the teleporters. Get a mentor. Then start sweating, chatting, and looking in auction to get a sense of the game economy.

Yes, this makes much sense. I think this is the best piece of advice.
Take your time and look around first.

Remember, Entropia is patient. So should you be.

Back