WARNING! "New" try to get free peds from you.

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
Good day.

This happened yesterday and I just realized that I should warn other people.
I was hunting some low level kerbs north of Boreas and someone invited me to a team. I finished off my mob and joined to see what they wanted. He said some bullshit in team chat about asking if I have some low-level weapons for sale. When I checked loot options before shooting the next one, it said Casual, ergo loot splits between us without regards for who did the most damage etc.

This is a smart tactic, a bit douche-y but free peds right?

So finish off the mob you are shooting before you accept any team invite. Unfortunately I dont remember his name as this was yesterday, but his team was called "aws" (Which he or someone else obviously can change)

Please share this to some low level players aswell, as every pec counts for them

Regards :)

EDIT:
Culprits name is <removed> !
He did it again today, invited me and asked if im selling a low level weapon for noobs, or attatchments. I told him no, he walks around me, trying to get mobs to attack me (while we are in a team) so I will attack em and he can get loot. Team name now is called "pan"

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm there are 2 guys at Longtooth that does the same. Invite you in team and the team is on casual.

this has been happening for years and years, so not really new but yeah, be very careful when joining a team!

Also, genuine newbies please don't do this kind of thing!

Regards

this has been happening for years and years, so not really new but yeah, be very careful when joining a team!

Also, genuine newbies please don't do this kind of thing!

Regards

I've played since 2006 and this is the first time it's ever happened to me :)

damn, I must be in the same timezone as those suckers then, happened to me numerable times xD

Regards
Thark

If you have chat logging enabled, you should have the names. Report them without exception.

If you have chat logging enabled, you should have the names. Report them without exception.

Good Idea! I will check it out as soon as I get home, and update the thread!

Its prolly the same guys who at the moment seem to be selling some basic blueprints for 1k ped +, haven't a clue what going on their but no doubt scammers.

The same happened to me a couple of years ago. I got an invitation for a team hunt from a player I did not know.

When I had accepted, I saw that the settings were on casual.

I felt lucky that day, so I continued hunting. :)

I *was* lucky that day. :D

Unfortunately, my team mate had to leave after a relatively short hunt. :(

Yeah a very old scam normally done on noobs. I never join a team with people i dont know.

Whenever this happens to me, I just say "alright let's go kill some mobs :)" and I proceed to bust out my Solomate Kiwio Mk. 0 Pipsqueak Kiwi Edition and shoot more slowly than usually (perhaps making some of my shots miss the mob intentionally). The other guy quickly begins to use the same tactic and we both gradually slow down more and more until we're shooting like 1 shot / 10 seconds. Then in team chat I shout, "Wow, this hunt sure is going sloooooowwwwwwww :O" in the most awkward manner possible.

You could always troll him back and go hunt some shared loot stuff. Shared loot ignores team settings.

I would ask for the names but it's probably alt avatars so who cares.

:laugh:

You could always troll him back and go hunt some shared loot stuff. Shared loot ignores team settings.

I would ask for the names but it's probably alt avatars so who cares.

:laugh:

Haha Well, afaik I dont know any shared Kerberos young/OA so I couldnt! Besides, hunting these small kerbs is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

For everyone else though, Dont join a team with people you dont while shooting etc, do it when ur idle.

There's two sides to this, I once accidentally made a team on the wrong settings and had leader takes all I didn't notice until someone pointed out I was getting all the loot. It may just have been an accident.

But I've also had two, possibly alt accounts as it was the same tactic and locations, make a team for a tp run (when we still did them) and had it on queued loot who'd take pot shots at mobs to agro them and then not attack any more and left me to it.

Sadly for them I take tp runs to be exactly that and avoid mobs as much as I can to reduce the time it takes. On he second occasion I made them remake the team on damage before even starting.

First post updated with name of the culprit

Hmmm ... the player register shows that he is online right now.

Wouldn't expect an alt ava played by an experienced player to show in the register.

First post updated with name of the culprit

/mod note/ ... and removed. Please be mindful of forum rules, including this one:
2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

/mod note/ ... and removed. Please be mindful of forum rules, including this one:

Very well then, if anyone wants the name, you know my IGN! :)

It is possible to make mistakes when setting up a team. Was in team with a friend once, both of us experienced players and on seperate planets at the time, after an hour I nnoticed me getting loot while I was at storage. I quickly told her to stop and reform team, good thing neither if us hit anything good. But always discuss loot split and che check team settings if you don't know the person you are teaming with.

Hmmm ... the player register shows that he is online right now.

Wouldn't expect an alt ava played by an experienced player to show in the register.

"Hide from player register" option has not worked since offline messaging arrived.

Back