Info: WARNING, Skill extraction changed

chielsen

Supportscammer for hire
Society
Groene Draeck
Jan Phoenix Lid
If you have lost the use of an unlockable skill, you can't chip it out anymore.

IMO it's plain stupid, as it always worked before and they changed it without notice. Now i'm screwed because i sold my anatomy already and can't chip out my RDA anymore.

2009-12-08 00:27 You wrote:

When i wanted to chip out my RDA i noticed i couldn't. It's probably due to the loss of use of the skill when i chipped out my anatomy.
I used to be able to chip out unusable skills before and really makes no sense if this has changed.

Hi,
This is an intentional design feature from the design team and not a bug.
If you first chip out the main skill(for example First Aid) you can not chip out the unlockable skills that are dependent on that skill (for example Treatment, Medicine). When the main skill goes below the value that's needed to unlock a skill you can no longer use the unlockable skill.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Nice feature!

Yeah, this is not new. There are many other posts about this already.

Yeah, but i thought it supposed to be a bug.

yea this is total shit... where did they let us know this was the case... prior to the Vu you could take out red skills... they cant just change some important stuff like this with out letting someone know... now someone could have 1000$ locked in a skill...

I was fairly sure this wasn't new from VU10 and has always been the case for unlockable skills.

I was fairly sure this wasn't new from VU10 and has always been the case for unlockable skills.

no... a skill goes red... u can not chip in or get new skill sin it... but you could always check out what you had in red... now its locked

Yeah, but i thought it supposed to be a bug.

I agree that it should be a bug, but support seems to think it is a feature.

but why didn't they told that in the VU listing and explanations ?

I made this mistake, and was told it was a bug.. now they obviously cannot be botherd fixing it.. and have clearly changed their story.

I will find the support response later.

2009-10-09 15:45 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Sevvy,

As mentioned in our first reply we did not have the date of the releases of several features, among them the ability to chip out those skills even after having chipped out your First Aid's. At this point we know our design team is working on finding a solution to this issue, so you will be, indeed, able to chip out those skills in the future.

The date is what we are uncertain about, but as soon as this feature is released we will post it in our News section.

Kind regards,

I made this mistake, and was told it was a bug.. now they obviously cannot be botherd fixing it.. and have clearly changed their story.

I will find the support response later.

they will have to fix it if they didnt tell the customer things changed in the update

but why didn't they told that in the VU listing and explanations ?

exactly... we are talking about 1000s$... this is too much at risk to be a guessing game... they needed to tell use prior to changing something like this

exactly... we are talking about 1000s$... this is too much at risk to be a guessing game... they needed to tell use prior to changing something like this

Its a mistake, and they are calling it a "feature".. If they dont allow me to chip out my red skills, after telling me that i will be able too.. i will ask them why it was not stated in any Content Lists.. and ask to be compensated, since its their fault imo !

its a bug that u could chip out cause it always wasnt like that just like the useing tp chip without inserting a inserter is a bug not a feature

its a bug that u could chip out cause it always wasnt like that just like the useing tp chip without inserting a inserter is a bug not a feature

What are you talking about?
I have chipped out many times the last serveral years, also from locked skills.
Now with the CE2 VU this has been changed. As SevvyS posted they first agreed it was a bug, but now they are telling us it was an undocumented feature?

@SevvyS, I have already made a case with similar wording. For me it's not a big loss, but still a loss that shouldn't have occured. I don't know what MA gains from this anyway. It's only yet another feature to frustrate customers.

Wow how pathetic, if the case is this were to be some "under the table" shit mindark is trying to pull it really temps me to leave. As joker said their should be absolutly no reason for thier to be a guessing game dealing with 1000$s of USD. maybe its possible its a temp. bug, but if they had changed it, its just fucking bullshit. I think we should wait however for a few VUs before we make accusations.

2009-12-08 17:38 You wrote:

In a support case to me (172073) you stated i would infact be able to chip-out my locked skills in the future.

Now i see on EntropiaForum, a response you gave another player.. informing him this will never be possible.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ing-skill-extraction-changed.html#post2202237

Is he wrong, or did you lie to me?

Regards, Sevvy.

2009-12-08 20:35 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Savvy,

Thank you for reporting this to us. This issue is currently being investigated by the design team . Unfortunately we can not give you an ETA for when this investigation will be finished but any future information will be posted on the news section of our homepage.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Oh, and looks like they do kinda personalise these msgs.. they spelt my name wrong this time ! Quick response tho :)

Lol, they keep coming up with more inconsistencies and then they say it's 'regrettable' i don't trust them anymore.

i trust it will get sorted out... they have my full trust with this... just sucks that it takes extra time

But mine got updated too:

2009-12-08 16:24 You wrote:

That's plain stupid. Why has this not been documented?
I could have extracted the RDA before i extracted my Anatomy if i knew.
Now it's not possible for me to extract it anymore.

I don't see the reason for it anyway. You have implemented a skill transfer system, but now block customers from extracting their skills?

It's not viable for me to skill back, as i have sold the anatomy already. I would strongly urge you to put back this possibility or chip out the skills manually on a chip of mine.

2009-12-08 21:24 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi,
Mindark PE AB provides the software Entropia Universe, a platform where the Participants are free to choose the course of action they wish to pursue. Since it is up to each participant to shape his/her experience, the Entropia Universe does not come with an advanced manual. The Support Department personnel is working with technical support only and therefore we cannot reveal information regarding the Entropia Universe in-world dynamics. For information, please check the ‘Participants Guide’ on the website. For further hints and advice; try asking other participants and/or check out the Entropia Universe-related community sites.
We hope you have a great time in the Entropia Universe!
Kind regards,

What are you talking about?
I have chipped out many times the last serveral years, also from locked skills.
Now with the CE2 VU this has been changed. As SevvyS posted they first agreed it was a bug, but now they are telling us it was an undocumented feature?

@SevvyS, I have already made a case with similar wording. For me it's not a big loss, but still a loss that shouldn't have occured. I don't know what MA gains from this anyway. It's only yet another feature to frustrate customers.

well i chiped out to much before vu 10 and locked combat sense and i couldnt chip it out cause it was locked my freind chiped out avi and locked Marksmanship or Serendipity cant remember which but he couldnt chip it out cause it was locked

Guy??? Why are you supprised?

MA is in this to make a buck. Just that simple. They will do any and everything they can do to make you pay and them gain.

Simple, do as I do, MA is the enemy...try to figure out how they are going to screw you next and you can still make a profit, just that simple, LOL.

Seoul

the soul of asia...

Yea this happend to me a while back when i chipped out Combat skills. Im currently working my way back upto level 18 Ranged Damage so i can use my bloody 4.2k RDA skills again

MA is in this to make a buck. Just that simple. They will do any and everything they can do to make you pay and them gain.

Simple, do as I do, MA is the enemy...try to figure out how they are going to screw you next and you can still make a profit, just that simple, LOL.

Seoul

the soul of asia...

Problem with your rambling is.. MA doesn't make any money from this... SO ..?? yano:scratch2:

Anyhow, it's ridiculous how mixed up they are about this, it must be different support staff with different ideas of what's going on. Which imo means they need to inform their staff better.

Lol, I can imagine it now... support staff telephoning/e-mailing higher-ups at MA asking about a specific feature and getting "Sorry, we can not disclose in-game dynamics... etc" as a response.

Hope they sort this out.

This looks lik a job for *trumpets hero sound* SUPER-SKAM :wtg:

But seriously - I have a few K peds tied up on a friends avatar in skills that can't be chipped out :(

Back