Question: Was Medusa's Head killed by Mindark?

Futurama

Elite
Society
Freelance
mike Futurama anderson
[tinfoilhat]
So we are seeing Squal selling off the Medusa's Head Land areas. There are probably many things going on in background, especially with Monria coming sometime soon (hopefully?) they are probably just focusing on it.

If we look at Entropialife it seems quite obvious that Medusa's Head isn't doing well - I counted only 91 globals in last 7 days for all the land areas. Ofc, for a single LA it would be good, but for 6 LAs? Seeing the stats it seems that only 2 LAs are actually functioning. So could it be just poor (lazy?) management of the area, since everyone involved made shitloads of money already by buying it so cheap? Or was it Akoz/Quetesh "brilliant" event?

Or maybe It's kinda MAs doing - you bought it so cheap, so we don't care whats going to happen to it. Lets be honest about something - MA has showed quite often that they are favoring some avatars because of what they do (promote EU, spend huge amounts of money by buying something etc.).

Or was it just that Sumimas and Scips were nerfed (their loot to be precise) because they made a mistake by making them so good to hunt in the first place? So it was going to happen sooner or later regardless of other things?

Just a start for discussion, anyone has any thoughts on the subject? Conspiracy? Bad management, bad "luck"/poor business decisions? Mix of a lot things? Other?
[/tinfoilhat]

Last edited:
[tinfoilhat]
Just a start for discussion, anyone has any thoughts on the subject? Conspiracy? Bad management, bad "luck"/poor business decisions? Mix of a lot things? Other?
[/tinfoilhat]

First, the island "smells". They were bought relatively cheap, some areas (shares) has been sold at 5x profit, only one enhancement (teleporter) - but yet normal tax. And for the outside world outside the investment group unclear deals, like how come a relatively unknown avatar can sell one of those "sheds"?

Secondly, well loots from all mobs have changed. Scrips are liked by a small group relatively high level players, maybe those also stayed rich because they want to cut their own cost, like using top-level gear, and staying away from taxed areas (unless during special events).

I can't see why MA would favour this LA. There are other areas where the owner either paid more for purchase, the most extreme case being CP, or where the owner has improved land area with teleporter and servicecenter(s). Or for the players, to think what the tax paid to hunt goes to. If what you spend on the LA just goes to the owners of the LA, or if it's spent to develop the game or the land area itself.

If you're a hunter and you're chosing between two areas, do you want 5% of your loot - for each run - of possibly deposited money be withdrawn each month? Or do you want to see that as you hunt, you know who owns the land area, you see steady improvements and events on the area?

One way to get visitors would be to create an event. Either "most loot" or "SHL" because of the group (fast grinding ubers or normal players).

Personally I'm not that fond of events that runs for monts where you're supposed to collect thousands of global, unless it's a mob you hunt normally of course. And for me healing costs - either using (L) healing tools I have to buy with markup or the "backup fap" EK-2600, so I'm not going to overdo mobs that hit too much unless it's something I think I have a realistic chance to loot a nice item from.

Last edited:
Medusa's Head is not dead...we're getting better!

I can't tell you why this area has been underutilized in the past...BUT

I CAN tell you that this area is now under new management and the new owners are excited about the future!

Ouroboros Island (db123189) has been updated with Merps of all maturities and maximum density. Events are held there regularly for lower level players.

Apophis Island (Xrystine Stormbreaker) has a natural spawn of Mermoths that are quite challenging but with good loots

Enyo Island (Sandman Dreamweaver) has added midlevel Argonauts (L9-L22) to a natural spawn of Sumima (L30-35) and Gokibusagi (L25-L35) Enyo Island is designed for TEAM HUNTING! This is NOT an area for new players!

Deino Island (Akoz) has remained the same. This features Scripular Young.

Naga Island (Akoz) has remained the same with Sumima Young.

Pemphredo Island is currently available for purchase.

Medusa Bazaar has had a surge of activity ever since Dragons Shadow made this their "crafting headquarters" of sorts. The shops have definitely seen an increase in activity in the last month!

I hope this answered your question. come out and support Entropia's newest land owners at Medusa's Head!

Respectfully,
Sandman Dreamweaver
Enyo Island Owner

Last edited:
For me the reason is simple imo

They bought it cheap, MA's annual reports have been negative for the past few years and as this, due to the cataclysmic withdrawal process, is becoming more and more obvious. With investments in the range of Akoz et al., would you really expect them to not to sell?

EU has proven time after time that you'll always find an idiot overpaying even for the shittiest LA and from today's perspective I'd prefer having 100k ped withdrawn then owning a shitty Island like that complex represents to me.

OH and yes, MA is very well biased on what players they support ... Best example is Deathifier ... Afaik not a single of his unique mobs have been assigned an iron challenge ... If that is not openely spitting in the face of an early investor, then I don't know what is tbh.

Just my 2 cents

Angel

I can't tell you why this area has been underutilized in the past...BUT

I CAN tell you that this area is now under new management and the new owners are excited about the future!

Ouroboros Island (db123189) has been updated with Merps of all maturities and maximum density. Events are held there regularly for lower level players.

Apophis Island (Xrystine Stormbreaker) has a natural spawn of Mermoths that are quite challenging but with good loots

Enyo Island (Sandman Dreamweaver) has added midlevel Argonauts (L9-L22) to a natural spawn of Sumima (L30-35) and Gokibusagi (L25-L35) Enyo Island is designed for TEAM HUNTING! This is NOT an area for new players!

Deino Island (Akoz) has remained the same. This features Scripular Young.

Naga Island (Akoz) has remained the same with Sumima Young.

Pemphredo Island is currently available for purchase.

Medusa Bazaar has had a surge of activity ever since Dragons Shadow made this their "crafting headquarters" of sorts. The shops have definitely seen an increase in activity in the last month!

I hope this answered your question. come out and support Entropia's newest land owners at Medusa's Head!

Respectfully,
Sandman Dreamweaver
Enyo Island Owner

So basicly, some ppl paid way too much for shitty mobs compared to what was paid originally.
The 2 mobs that do have an iron quest are still in hands of that 1 unrespected reseller (NOTE : 2 ava's, that I refuse to pay)
Go figure why Medusa doesn't bring in what it could (If you don't understand why, go check what BIG pays back to the community.. this also includes the noobs by buying their sweat)

For me the reason is simple imo

They bought it cheap, MA's annual reports have been negative for the past few years and as this, due to the cataclysmic withdrawal process, is becoming more and more obvious. With investments in the range of Akoz et al., would you really expect them to not to sell?

EU has proven time after time that you'll always find an idiot overpaying even for the shittiest LA and from today's perspective I'd prefer having 100k ped withdrawn then owning a shitty Island like that complex represents to me.

OH and yes, MA is very well biased on what players they support ... Best example is Deathifier ... Afaik not a single of his unique mobs have been assigned an iron challenge ... If that is not openely spitting in the face of an early investor, then I don't know what is tbh.

Just my 2 cents

Angel

I could be dead wrong, but it seems to me MA tries to make the larger investments profitable for the investors. TI I am very sure has already paid Deathifier back many, many times over. Medusa was bought at like 10% of it's value, they could have just flipped it immediately and made a windfall profit. CP on the other hand was bought for over 3 million peds so I can see why MA is trying to help there.

I could be dead wrong, but it seems to me MA tries to make the larger investments profitable for the investors. TI I am very sure has already paid Deathifier back many, many times over. Medusa was bought at like 10% of it's value, they could have just flipped it immediately and made a windfall profit. CP on the other hand was bought for over 3 million peds so I can see why MA is trying to help there.

Your assumption is on MA wanting to help ...

I seriously do not know what Deathifier has ever done to MA but whether Buzz is withdrawing CP-peds or Deathifier TI-peds does not make a difference to MA imo.

Angel

One way to get visitors would be to create an event. Either "most loot" or "SHL" because of the group (fast grinding ubers or normal players).
I've been running events on Enyo Island. We have been putting up Level appropriate PRIZES instead of just 100/25/25 PED. Dragons Shadow Society are the primary sponsors of events on Enyo Island, but we invite everyone to come out and meet a great Society!

The Argonauts here are tuned to our hunting parties' abilities. Most of us have a set of Mark.5B plates and so we can handle mobs of mobs in short order! We encourage you to bring a friend when you hunt at Enyo...also feel free to pm me and give some feedback about your experience!

Back