FYI: Watch your gold go bye bye

Lower Bane

Provider
This is serious BS. I don't understand how this can be a coding error. The Lvl 2 mines performing at Lvl 1 mine levels I can understand. That can easily be a coding error.

But I want everybody to start paying attention to your gold. Before you collect your gold from the mines LOOK at and REMEMBER how much gold you have on hand. Get into the habit of doing this EVERY TIME before collecting your gold.

Why?

Because there has been more than a few times now I have had the amount of gold that I was to collect from my Lvl 2 mine SUBTRACTED from my total not added. Now I ask you, if this was a simple coding error how come it does not follow the wayward code every time and subtract the gold every time? It does not do that. You just need to watch and out of the blue it will do that. It can hit you pretty hard at times. It is doing it just often enough to impact game play. Because now you not only have real peeps raiding your gold, the coding or what ever is also dipping into your stash.

Also another way that your gold might be going buh bye is if you do check your amount every time sometimes it will say +100 but your real amount will only go up 20.

Now right now I understand that this is Beta and that it really does not matter except to the gamer on the hard point currently. But it is impacting game play because it is kind of hard to build and lvl your skills when your gold keeps going whoosh. Yes, I am building but at a heck of a lot slower pace than if my gold was being handled properly.

And no it is not from raids. The raid amounts had already been removed from my previous total.

This "bug" needs to be squashed right away.

This is serious BS. I don't understand how this can be a coding error. The Lvl 2 mines performing at Lvl 1 mine levels I can understand. That can easily be a coding error.

But I want everybody to start paying attention to your gold. Before you collect your gold from the mines LOOK at and REMEMBER how much gold you have on hand. Get into the habit of doing this EVERY TIME before collecting your gold.

Why?

Because there has been more than a few times now I have had the amount of gold that I was to collect from my Lvl 2 mine SUBTRACTED from my total not added. Now I ask you, if this was a simple coding error how come it does not follow the wayward code every time and subtract the gold every time? It does not do that. You just need to watch and out of the blue it will do that. It can hit you pretty hard at times. It is doing it just often enough to impact game play. Because now you not only have real peeps raiding your gold, the coding or what ever is also dipping into your stash.

Also another way that your gold might be going buh bye is if you do check your amount every time sometimes it will say +100 but your real amount will only go up 20.

Now right now I understand that this is Beta and that it really does not matter except to the gamer on the hard point currently. But it is impacting game play because it is kind of hard to build and lvl your skills when your gold keeps going whoosh. Yes, I am building but at a heck of a lot slower pace than if my gold was being handled properly.

And no it is not from raids. The raid amounts had already been removed from my previous total.

This "bug" needs to be squashed right away.

Yes I reported this bug during the first release, I have not seen it happen to me this release yet but keeping my eyes open for it to happen again.

The mines for me seem to store up to the full amount at lvl 2 and generate the correct amounts per hour now.

When I get to having a 2nd gold mine I will be testing if a lvl 1 and a lvl 2 gold mine generate gold at a different rate per hour as they should. In the first beta release there was no difference between lvl 1, lvl2 or lvl 3 gold generation rates and all three would cap out at 500gold. Some stuff was fixed in this release but need more testing to see if anything else remains to be fixed.

Well, make sure that this is not just a display bug, Since currency is not handled in realtime (for some reason, or at least not all the time) It could just be that you have just prior to emptying your mine, made a purchase for gold and that gold was not updated until you actually emptied the mine. That has happened to me quite a few times, playing on pc

Didn´t happened to me so far.
Could it be that you tried to raid someone and then picked the gold from the mines? As the raid attempt itself don´t update your gold if nobody was found to raid, until some other actions do it. (fight, pick up gold from mine, etc.)

I play nice and slow giving plenty of time for the game to update itself. I will also check on pets, buildings, and such to force screen changes before doing anything that involves gold.

Big things is every once in awhile it:
subtracts the amount of gold you are supposed to get instead of add to total (exact amount)
Visual que will say +100 or what ever, but total will only increase by 20 or another number much smaller then what it said.

I do have to say that currently I have only noticed these oddities with my Lvl 2 Gold mine. But it still hurts game play none the less.

The lvl 2 gold mine bug in the fact that it produces more gold than the Lvl 1 (when you can really get it now) does seem to be fixed. But it introduced an even nastier bug.

Very important, it does not happen every time. Just get into the habit of watching your gold every single time.

UPDATE:
ROFL, yes it just did it again. Said +144 and only increased by 5. At least it didn't take 144 from me this time. LOL!

Back