We Need More Opals

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
There aren't enough opals on auction to tier even one higher level gun and what is there is 800%. Please drop more, thank you.

They are there just one group bought them all up. MA in the past has messed with drop rate to punish hoarding monopoly like this but not sure they will do it here, and its hard to add more opals given its only from crafting hofs and they havent touched crafting in any way since 2000 :laugh:

Opal 800%
Garnet 105%

Searching ................

Balancing..............

Search found ............................ dynamic

error 404

The price will drop when people stop paying it, i know a couple of big fish were on a tiering spree recently (new joda/bori etc) once they are done price should normalise though even the old price of 300% was pretty absurd.

The price will drop when people stop paying it, i know a couple of big fish were on a tiering spree recently (new joda/bori etc) once they are done price should normalise though even the old price of 300% was pretty absurd.

300% is absolutely ok, crafters need some serious MU too. Just a hint ESI 900+% for hunters, Ruga, Dunkel and some other mining finds way above 1000%.
For crafters the gems is the best what they can get out of a HoF, a high MU is ok.

And yes, Joda is tiering up some things, I sold some tir5 components to him myself. Thats exactly where he needs opals too. He didn´t ask for opals that day, guess he already bought enough of it, what impacted the actual MU on opals.

Nothing wrong here, supply and demand.

They are there just one group bought them all up. MA in the past has messed with drop rate to punish hoarding monopoly like this but not sure they will do it here, and its hard to add more opals given its only from crafting hofs and they havent touched crafting in any way since 2000 :laugh:

yep, i heard the same. just not in group but in one guy hand, he have alot of tt of opals like 200k or so, once he was offering to sell his gypsy business for 300k ped...

300% is absolutely ok, crafters need some serious MU too. Just a hint ESI 900+% for hunters, Ruga, Dunkel and some other mining finds way above 1000%.
For crafters the gems is the best what they can get out of a HoF, a high MU is ok.

And yes, Joda is tiering up some things, I sold some tir5 components to him myself. Thats exactly where he needs opals too. He didn´t ask for opals that day, guess he already bought enough of it, what impacted the actual MU on opals.

Please tell me where you find Ruga and Dunkel! I want some! :laugh:

It's not supply and demand. Opals are the only gems like this. And they are used for tier 3/4, not 5.

While you are at it lvl7 tier enhancers as well thanks

900+ globals monthly here in craft and havent looted a single opal in 3 months +

Price of opals was hyped by BC-120 owners and their tiering race :)
The bad thing it have a big impact on other players (including myself)
who cant tier their weapons now due to costs of opals.
I only hope while big guys will jump to higher tiers with their bc's opals will drop in price and i will be able to tier my arcspark

exactly, crafting globals/hofs on gear & vehicles is usually something you don't want to get, because usually it's only residue or pretty much worthless garnets... only time the globals/hofs are good on them is when there's opal or other higher gem in it.....

Dear Mr. Balancing Manager,

Item Tiering:

t1/2 - Garnets: 103%

t3/4 - Opals: 750-800%

t5/6 - Emeralds: 110%

t7/8 - Rubies: 110-120%

t9/10 - Diamonds: 110%

One of these things is not like the others. It would make more sense if maybe the others went up a little and opals came way down. If anything should be more expensive it should be the higher level precious stones. Just think of how much tiering is not being done because of this opal wall.

tt of a garnet = 100 PED
tt of a minimum success of EP4 on full condition = approx. 150 PED
tt of an opal = 200 PED

Opals started to rise about the time when EP were introduced. There are of course other factors such as more guns reaching "opal tiers" but still it seems awfully like there being one quota for all gems and eppers draining it with garnets.

edit: I've been corrected :) tt of a garnet is 150 PED indeed.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Balancing Manager,

Item Tiering:

t1/2 - Garnets: 103%

t3/4 - Opals: 750-800%

t5/6 - Emeralds: 110%

t7/8 - Rubies: 110-120%

t9/10 - Diamonds: 110%

One of these things is not like the others. It would make more sense if maybe the others went up a little and opals came way down. If anything should be more expensive it should be the higher level precious stones. Just think of how much tiering is not being done because of this opal wall.

There may just be way more people doing tier III than the higher tiers. The costs increases with each tier, example F-105:
Tier 1 - 67 PED TT
Tier 2 - 134.19 PED TT
Tier 3 - 201.11 PED TT
Tier 4 - 268.14 PED TT
Tier 5 - 335.41 PED TT
Tier 6 - 402.97 PED TT
Tier 7 - 469.02 PED TT
Tier 8 - 536.02 PED TT
Tier 9 - 552.32 PED TT
Tier 10 - is sadly missing in wiki

Tier 1 to 3 is 402.3 PED TT in total
Tier 1 to 9 is 2966.18 PED TT in total

And for some thing like A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved Tier 10 it's 11697.97 PED TT just for Tier 10.

so, getting something to tier 10 can become quite expensive, so i can understand that people may just stop at Tier 3/4...

Edit: before Fen Event the opals were at ~400%

tt of a garnet = 100 PED
tt of a minimum success of EP4 on full condition = approx. 150 PED
tt of an opal = 200 PED

Opals started to rise about the time when EP were introduced. There are of course other factors such as more guns reaching "opal tiers" but still it seems awfully like there being one quota for all gems and eppers draining it with garnets.

TT of a Garnet is 150 PED

Last edited:
Please tell me where you find Ruga and Dunkel! I want some! :laugh:

There is no such thing as dunkel, its just made up nonsense to scare the children!

Ruga is on amethera though :p

There is no such thing as dunkel, its just made up nonsense to scare the children!

Ruga is on amethera though :p

Maybe Dunkel was a bad example, as it is nearly impossible to find, but there is other high MU ore/enamtter in the 800-1k% range that are not harder to find than hitting a crafting global with opal in it.

whenever remember to check to tier up my finder, there is always lack of opals or price of the available ar skyhigh :ahh:

Finally something with MU! But...:scratch2:

Stop making MU stuff worth TT~!

Last edited:
There aren't enough opals on auction to tier even one higher level gun and what is there is 800%. Please drop more, thank you.

I could say same about empty skill implants. Price is high and not enough... Had a buyer for 2k ped tt skill, but had no chance to get ESIs....

I think the demand is high due to new FEN tiering race... and the price will go down in a few mounts.

Oh dear ... I've reached the 'opal phase' of my upgrade path ...

LR-40 FEN costs more than Mod Merc to tier. So if you want to tier a high efficiency 2.0 weapon you're throwing away that efficiency in cost to tier. All seems a bit pointless, MA need to restructure it's tiering system.

Agreed 100%, afaik it is still based on DPP which means almost nothing (better loot composition nonsense) and then most new guns come with crazy DPP just to be sure to make tier costs as high as possible.

Also spending 10k+ per tier is crazy considering the current prices (e.g. nobody willing to pay ~80k for a modfap fen)
MA need to restructure it's tiering system.

Finally something with MU! But...:scratch2:

Stop making MU stuff worth TT~!

I don't want to destroy markup. I did ask to balance it. I would point out though that in crafting you are supposed to produce something that you sell for markup. I don't have much sympathy for EP crafters.

I think the demand is high due to new FEN tiering race... and the price will go down in a few mounts.

It was bad before the FEN weapons, now it's just crazy.

I think you guys are underestimating the power of tiering up the new 2.0 guns it essentially allows you to cycle more with close to 0 punishment (mu of enhancers more than negligable) and thats before we even start discussing event viability.

I would point out though that in crafting you are supposed to produce something that you sell for markup.

Very hard to achive if materials cost already 120% MU and the item sells for 110% at best, some items even worse, considering a 95% success rate, where just 15% of it is real success and the rest only near success.

Crafters need the multiplyers (global/HoF) and on the long run, they also need the MU from that globals/HoFs and not just 101% residue.

Obviously you are not that much a crafter!

Very hard to achive if materials cost already 120% MU and the item sells for 110% at best, some items even worse,

Yes and some mobs give 102% avg mu which means you shouldnt hunt them when your expected return is 96% in this case crafters should just not make an item like the one you describe cus its a losing bp.

Back