Question: Weapon and armours

I feel your pain, though I believe in (L) gear. Thinking back on days when Jester D1 and Mann MPH was the most viable option lvl 0-100, It's a treat to be able to use level adequate gear.

BUT.... it needs to be much cheaper and widely available for it to work. I've lost thousands through the grinds. :S

As someone who relies on (lots and lots and lots and lots) of (L) guns, visiting planetpartners with an even less functional market than Caly is difficult. The trip won't last longer than your guns.

Yes, L is annoying, but at least on armor it stays at full protection til it's all the way decayed. UL armor doesn't do that, at least not yet. A few years ago Mindark indicated that they would create a system where skills affected things so that UL armor would do that but implementation of that system they promised may not come til the year 3025

Everyone want to sell stuff for markup but nobody wants to pay for the weapons and armor that generate markup.

Either pony up the money and look at it more long term or just accept (L) as the norm

As a crafter, the only reason we buy your oils and ores is because we can turn them into L weapons and sell at markup. If nobody buys my weapons I don’t make them and I don’t buy loot.
UL supply is limited for the sake of the economy. Only a certain percentage of people can own them. If you want them you got to pony up with the money and buy one.
Consider daily token guns as a third option , and suppliment with a few well placed bids on some L weapons. Looted stuff such as isis, modec, calytek can often be picked up for only a few percent above TT, and a lot cheaper than the crafted Armatrix lineup.

You could also use my rental service. A better alternative to limited items and buying the items.

ok so none in this thread wants to have more influx of players, you just want your items to increase in worth like bitcoin.
So when a new player arrives he sees ... ohh i have to spend 10,000dollars in order to buy gear to hunt or otherwise i have to look at another game or limited gear that will ruin your wallet faster then you can read wallet.

There are other stuff you could make markup on, but mindark dont develop the game. There could be so much done in space and vehicles that would require materials to bring mats to value.
Hunting and mining gear should not cost 10k dollars .. it should be more like 1k dollar for a set in order for more players to play then just 100x player as entropia has now.

There are huntung and mining gear way under 1k dollar.
You want top gear for 1k dollar, i want a Ferrari for the price of my car, both of us can keep dreaming.

Dude there is plenty of UL gear that costs less than $1000 dollars. Find one to your budget.
Don’t be thinking you can all be running around with sacrificial daggers and IMK2s and go to town like every other game.
Only a literal handful of weapons come into your proposed $10k price bracket.

The game only needs the L type to be better economically, but maybe more durability for the TT to be more attractive than the UL.
The loot is nerfed enough that it doesn't affect the amount of material that would be poured into the market.

You can take a loot at UL MF and melee weapons, those are generally cheaper, for now at least.

There are pretty good UL weapons (Toyotas, Opels, Skodas) out there but like already mentioned, you want a Lamborghini for the price of a Dacia. :)

In fact, the opposite is true. People like you sell Dacia at the price of Lamborghini and try to deceive someone with similar comments.
On the other hand, the topic is about new weapons that would reduce the price of the weapon, which you will sell for millions for a very long time :p

PPRPS.
I mean the new update of the game, which is very likely to have changes not only from the user interface.
The cessation of the summer mayhem can be read as changes not only in it, but also as additions with new weapons / armor. Something that would jeopardize the investment of people who have 10+ 2.0 weapons in stock. Maybe after VU you will need 10 hands ;)
Try another strategy, such as normalizing the prices of these items :popcorn:

Last edited:
In fact, the opposite is true. People like you sell Dacia at the price of Lamborghini and try to deceive someone with similar comments.
On the other hand, the topic is about new weapons that would reduce the price of the weapon, which you will sell for millions for a very long time :p

PPRPS.
I mean the new update of the game, which is very likely to have changes not only from the user interface.
The cessation of the summer mayhem can be read as changes not only in it, but also as additions with new weapons / armor. Something that would jeopardize the investment of people who have 10+ 2.0 weapons in stock. Maybe after VU you will need 10 hands ;)
Try another strategy, such as normalizing the prices of these items :popcorn:
Indeed, its ppl that are hoarding the items to make it more costly. It only damage the whole game for a handfull of players to make profit out of monopoly.

I dont want items to be worth zero, but more normal towards the more casual gamer so we can see a growing game instead of ppl just leaving all the time when they see how much they have to invest in order to have FUN in a game.

Gears should be much cheaper, and if you want to invest and make peds, do it with land areas or deeds. Dont come and destroy the FUN for the average user.

Average user dont need loot 2.0 gun and top UL armor, average user can buy UL gun and armor at almost any day, as average gear almost always available for buying.

You make a big deal about all the weapons being out of reach to the "average gamer", when we tell you there are plenty low end cheap UL options you just repeat yourself. Stop looking at the high end 2.0 weapons. They do not fit the demographic you are representing.
There are options for every level of gamer here, I don't see the problem that you see.

It depends on what you define as the average/casual gamer, but if its in the realm of say 10-15 hours per week, which is were I would peg the casuals at, then limited guns are their best bet anyway. Why aim to save 5 ped a week in mark-up in order to lose 10 ped per week in opportunity cost? Put that investment into deeds instead and use the passives to cover the markup.

Back in my day, we didn't even have Limited items as an option. ALL items were UL.
And wouldn't 'cha know it, folks complained about prices then, too.

So if al UL and mix UL/(L) doesn't keep folks complaining about the prices, maybe, just maybe there are reasons for the prices that you aren't honestly considering.
As others have said, it's fine to try to get the best gear for the lowest prices, but try to keep in mind the entire supply/demand chain before complaining.
How much are you willing to pay for something?
How much do you intend to sell it for when you are done w/ it?
If those 2 numbers are vastly different, then you are the exact problem you are complaining about.

The increase in the value of UL items should be an indication that the player based has either increased or existing players are levelling up and taking the game more seriously. It was 5 years before I bought my first UL gun, in fact it was the last UL item I bought, I invested in armour and a regen chip 10 first. I did spend a couple of years doing tagger / melee only, which was perfect for me at the time. The lower level melee weapons are cheap compared to the comparable DPS of a ranged gun. If you reach a level where you feel you need a decent UL gun then you have already heavily invested into the game both in time and money. I have mentioned before that I calculated it took me around 2 years to get my investment back on the EP-41 adj I bought and that included actually owning the gun outright against the MU i would have paid on L items. The game is long term, if you know you are going to be around for a couple of years and will use the weapon daily then you will see your investment back. I actually managed to upgrade from my EP-41 to L4 Enigma without actually depoing any money, but it was a long term project of six months to upgrade and tbh I got lucky with a couple of my sales and I was crafting the whole time making small profits here and there. People should stop expecting MA to hand everything to them on a plate. Just like RL if you want nice things you have to work for and towards them.

yeah, suggestions here are good. Wish I'd purchased more of the ul viper whips that I bought for 200 ped or so back when taming was gone. Just sold it a few days back for 800 ped. Some deals like that do happen over time as items accumulate value. Definitely does not happen always, but sometimes if you choose wisely. That whip is nice for taming low end mobs, but for anything above a puny it's not going to be much use or for just regular hunting it's not going to do much good to the buyer. 2-5 damage per hit ain't much. Bet they hit Toulan and do the daily taming mission with it, lol.

2 weeks ago Rocket did the same tread, now i see him sitting with 3x wep. why dont you buy one from him? :D

Game really needs more weapons and armours Unlimited.

Hard to get a armour set or a weapon to play with.
Prices are jacked to the skies atm cuz game lacks everything.

Want to play ..

and no .. i dont want to buy limited gear and lose on mu every time.

There are plenty of weapons and armor. There are more choices now than there have ever been for L and UL at all price points. In addition to the vast number of unlimited weapons, armor, and faps for sale, on most planets, you can quest for them.

As far as limited armor, most Limited armor under 110% is a bargain, if you consider that it decays much slower and you actually lose less on decay even with markup due to the durability.

High end gear has always been hard to get and expensive since I started. I really wanted a Sentinel set back in Project Entropia and it was extremely difficult to loot and even find since full sets rarely came up for sale and if they did it was outside of the auction and forum. It was something that would be nice to have but it wasn't something that kept me from playing and matching my budget to the gear at hand.

Mindark decided to adopt the (L) scheme so players wouldn't have to shell out thousands for gear and still be competitive at certain levels. There are some benefits to using L items in churning the economy and it was supposed to stimulate crafting which in turn would benefit hunters and miners supplying materials for crafted items.

In terms of goals, getting a high end UL setup is going to be costly and in some respects its a pinnacle in EU. Tiering items is sort of in the same boat it progressively gets harder to acquire the items at higher tier levels so it will either take longer if you DIY or cost PED if you buy from auction. There are a lot of options these days compared to PE and there are quite a few nice unlimited items popping up on other planets.

Rare or hard to get items don't necessarily dissuade people from playing an MMO. It's part of the game. Heck there is another MMO where I would love to buy a certain ship but its difficult to buy since its in high demand where as other ships are easier to purchase and fit into the majority of people's budget. Limited items in EU are a less expensive option that open the possibility of getting a PED value loot of an item loot that will meet your high end goals. I know plenty of people in that other game who have "starter" ships knowing they will work towards building an empire to get that high end ship down the road, whether that happens or not they will just have play the game. That is part of their game to build their avatar and fleet, along the way plans may change and it may become more difficult to acquire a sector clearing behemoth of a ship.

I used to think MA just needed to add more high end items un(L) and they have but at the same time they will consistently raise the bar to keep people engaged and growing. They can add a lot of new gear but it will get absorbed by players and by resellers. As long as the demand is high the prices will go up.

It's a delicate balance. It's best not to flood the market too much for several reasons. That said, I recently looked for a UL weapon and had a very difficult time finding one whose value wasn't inflated. For example, you used to be able to buy a BP-20 FEN for 8K; now, it's hard to find one for less than 20K.

However, I have wondered how many items are sitting on inactive avatars. It "feels" like the weapon shortage is worse than it used to be, although I could be wrong. Either way, if there are items sitting on avatars that haven't been played for months or even years, that complicates things. I'm not sure what the best solution is, but it would certainly be nice to have weapons more readily available. I do understand that unlimited items "should" be expensive as that incentivizes (L) in a way. But, prices have been very high as of late.

Mindark decided to adopt the (L) scheme so players wouldn't have to shell out thousands for gear and still be competitive at certain levels. There are some benefits to using L items in churning the economy and it was supposed to stimulate crafting which in turn would benefit hunters and miners supplying materials for crafted items.

I used to agree with this more - mainly during loot 1.0. Back then, it was a lot easier to profit from a combination of high TT returns and markup in loot. With the addition of Shrapnel and returns that rarely exceed 100% in the long term, (L) gear is a tough pill to swallow, even for someone who is a committed player but maybe not a hardcore grinder. As it stands now, it feels like throwing money away to constantly buy (L) gear when there is little markup to be had in hunting loot.

Are you asking for a friend? You been here since 2014 and sold lots of UL gear? All your latest posts are bashing the game!

Grab your credit card n buy UL like the rest of us have to or just use limited shit and shutup

@Killahbee - yes I believe I mentioned the option in my post above, you can get an UL melee weapon for just a few hundred ped

Are you asking for a friend? You been here since 2014 and sold lots of UL gear? All your latest posts are bashing the game!
Well, so next step is the prices are
i dont bash the game, we just see the game diffrent i guess.
So when will items be too expensive for your taste, 100k or 500k? we all have diffrent opinion on how expensive the game should be to play.

and as i said, using limited shit gear makes you lose so fast in MU its not even fun.

And i dont just want to see more Yber eff gear.
I want to see more upgradable missions for old gear to match the new meta.

I want to see more items added in ever layer of the game be it lvl 5 items to lvl 200 items.

Back