Weapon damage distribution

jdegre

Elite
Society
Survival Program
Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
I was wondering what's the statistical distribution of the damage inflicted with ranged weapons. Is it uniform?. I mean, is the average damage always (min+max)/2, or is it influenced by skills?

I remember seeing a post, by Angel (ck) I believe, where he said that once you reach certain skills you mostly inflict damages in the upper range of your weapons interval, and very rarely on the lower range.

What's your opinion on that? And, if the distribution is not uniform, what skills affect the damage?. Note that I don't mean what skills affect the minimum damage, but the damage distribution or average damage, for a certain interval.

Cheers,
/jdegre.

We could test it in our society Sam.

2 players, both have breer m2a maxed out, but one has 1000 rifle, and the other 4500 rifle, markmanship and ranged damage assessment unlocked.

shoot 1000 times, and write down every damage. Then do an average of both.

Any test I have seen showed random distribution, with avarage damage being (min+max)/2.

Anyone claiming somthing different, never came with any proof.

Witte said:
Any test I have seen showed random distribution, with avarage damage being (min+max)/2.

Anyone claiming somthing different, never came with any proof.

After some more search in this forum, I found this post from Stryker:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=173481&postcount=5

He said:

Stryker said:
I hope I am interpreting the questiong right:

Average damage cannot simply be calculated as the midpoint between min damage and the weapons maximum damage. Other skills can be raised through hunting to raise this average damage, but as of today there is no way to measure it , as far as I know.

Maybe this shift in average damage is hardly noticeable until you have mega uber skills?

/jdegre.

Back