Weapon Statistics: A Line-By-Line Explanation

Silver Ice

Old Alpha
Society
Michigan Militia
Silver Ice Rayne
Every weapon has it's own, unique statistics. You are able to view a weapon's stats by right clicking the weapon and selecting the option to view the item's information.

In the information panel that appears, there are 3 blue buttons at the bottom left of the information panel that will give you the option to view 3 different types of information about the particular weapon you are looking at. The "i" button allows you to view the Trade Terminal value of the weapon the "magnifying glass" button allows you to view the weapon's statistics, and the "description" button allows you to view the Entropian description of the weapon. There are also various buttons on the right hand side that allow you to view the market price and perform other actions. If you have attachments added to the weapon, those are displayed in a drop-down window.

For this tutorial, we will be focusing on the statistics display for the weapon. The statistics display for a Korss400(L) with an attatched Omegaton A104 amplifier is shown below:

FullWeaponStats.jpg

Quite interesting to look at, but what do all of those lines of information actually mean? We will go through the above picture line-by-line, and explain what each statistic is for.

At the very top is the name of the weapon: Korss H400 (L)
The (L) signifies that this is a limited weapon, which means once it reaches it's minimum Trade Terminal value, the item cannot be repaired. In other words, it's completely useless once it's broken, unless, of course, you enjoy collecting broken items.

Condition Limit: 3.0% The minimum condition percentage. For example, if the weapon is worth 100PED at full Trade Terminal value, and the condition limit is 3.0%, then the minimum condition for the weapon is 3PED Trade Terminal value. When the weapon, or any other item reaches it's minimum condition, it can no longer be dropped on the ground or in an estate.

Weight: 1.2kg This line is pretty self-explanatory; this particular weapon weighs 1.2 kg.

Item Points: 1 Every item is worth a certain number of item points. This is significant if you plan to place the item in an apartment or estate, as there is a maximum number of item points that you may place inside of an estate.

Profession requirement damage: This line indicates that the next few statistics relate to the professional level in the damage catagory for this weapon. (There is a separate damage and hit level for every type of weapon.)
Name: Ranged Laser (Dmg) The name of the damage professional level that is needed to effectively operate this weapon.
Recommended level: 12.8 The minimum level # in the above named damage profession that is needed to be able to effectively operate this weapon. (Select the professional levels action from your action library to view your current level.)
Skill Progress: 100% This percentage represents how close you are to reaching the required damage statistics for this weapon. It is not a good idea to use a weapon on which you are below 100% damage skill-progress rate. Doing so can become quite expensive due to decay and ammo spent vs. the low amount of damage you will be inflicting because you do not have enough skill to operate the weapon properly.

Profession requirement hit: This line indicates that the next few statistics relate to the professional level in the hit catagory for this weapon. (There is a separate damage and hit level for every type of weapon.)
Name: Laser Pistoleer (Hit) The name of the hit professional level that is needed to effectively operate this weapon.
Recommended level: 12.8 The minimum level # in the above named hit profession that is needed to be able to effectively operate this weapon. (Select the professional levels action from your action library to view your current level.)
Skill progress: 100.0% This percentage represents how close you are to reaching the required hit statistics for this weapon. It is not a good idea to use a weapon on which you are below 100% hit skill-progress rate. Doing so can become quite expensive due to the amount of missed shots dealt and decay spent because you do not have enough skill to operate the weapon properly.

Skill increase bonus: This line indicates that the following information is about any skill-increase bonuses that may be obtained from using this particular weapon.
Learning period damage: Not anymore The learning period damage line indicates whether there is a skill-increase bonus for the damage profession named in the above statistics. There are 4 possible stats that can go here:
1)Never indicates that there is never any skill increase bonus associated with this weapon.
2)Not yet indicates that you are not yet skilled enough to obtain a skill bonus on this particular weapon.
3)Yes indicates that by using this weapon, you will get a skill increase bonus.
4)Not anymore indicates that you have completely maxed the statistics for this weapon, and no longer gain a skill increase bonus from it. You will still gain skills at the normal rate, but you will no longer get the extra increases that come with having the skill bonus.
Learning period hit: Not anymore The learning period hit line indicates whether there is a skill-increase bonus for the hit profession named in the above statistics. There are 4 possible stats that can go here:
1)Never indicates that there is never any skill increase bonus associated with this weapon.
2)Not yet indicates that you are not yet skilled enough to obtain a skill bonus on this particular weapon.
3)Yes indicates that by using this weapon, you will get a skill increase bonus.
4)Not anymore indicates that you have completely maxed the statistics for this weapon, and no longer gain a skill increase bonus from it. You will still gain skills at the 100% rate, but you will no longer get the extra increases that come with having the skill bonus.

Catagory: Laser This weapon's catagory, or type.

Ammo Type: Light Weapon Cells Different weapons burn different types of ammo, and melee weapons don't burn ammo at all. This line indicates the name of the type of ammo you need for this particular weapon.

Ammo burn: 8 9 The number of ammo that this weapon will burn with each individual pull of the trigger. Notice that there are two different numbers in this line. There is an amplifier attatched to this weapon that burns one additional ammo; the first number indicates the amount of ammo this weapon burns alone, the second number is the amount of ammo this weapon burns in total with this particular damage amplifier attatched to it.

Durability: Very Good This line indicates the rate at which this weapon decays. There are many possible statistics for this line; the better it sounds is the slower the rate of decay for this weapon. Some examples of durability stats include: Fragile, Poor, Average, Above Average, Good, Very Good, Excellent, and Exceptional. (*Note: to find accurate decay costs for individual weapons, Entropedia is an excellent reference.)

Attacks per minute / max: 57/57 The number of shots in one minute. Note that there are two numbers for this line. The first number indicates the number of attacks per minute that you are actually capable of with your skill level. The second number indicates the maximum number of attacks per minute that the weapon is capable of, without figuring in your skill level.

The next couple of lines indicate the damage types, and how much of each type of damage that the particular weapon does:
Damage penetration: 0.0 2.0
Damage burn: 37.0 49.0
Note that there are two numbers here. The damage amplifier adds more damage to the weapon, and the number on the right in each line indicates the total damage with the extra attachment.

Damage interval / max: 25.5-51.0/25.5-51.0 This number indicates the range of the minimum/maximum amount of damage per shot. Note that there are two separate sets of numbers in this field. The first number indicates the amount of damage per shot that you are capable of doing with your skill level. The second set of numbers indicates the maximum range of damage per shot that the weapon is capable of doing without factoring in your skill level.

Range (m) / max: 35.2/35.2 This line indicates the range of your weapon, or how far out a shot will reach, in meters. Note that there are two separate numbers in this line. The first number indicates the range you can reach with your skill level, the second number indicates the maximum possible range that this weapon is capable of reaching without factoring in your skill level.

Hit ability / max: 10.0/10.0 This number indicates the approximate percentage of shots you will land compared to the number of shots you fire. The first number indicates your skill level, the second number the maximum. You want this to always be as close to 10.0/10.0 as possible; the lower the first number is is the more shots you will miss. The more shots you miss is the more ammo/PEDs/decay cost you spend for nothing.

Critical hit ability / max: 10.0/10.0 The closer the first number in this set of numbers is to 10.0, is the more critical hits you will land when shooting someone/something. A critical hit allows you to do more than the maximum amount of damage.

Below is a picture of an EWE-EP35 Serenity with some additional attachments:

SkillMod.jpg

As you can see above, when scopes and laser sights are added to a weapon additional statistics are added to the statistics page. I have highlighted the extra attachments and the added statistics for convienience.

Skill modification (%): 0.0 32.5 This line is added when scopes and laser sights are attached to a weapon. The percentage amount, in this case 32.5%, represents the amount your skill is boosted while using these weapon attachments on this particular weapon. In other words, when you add scopes and/or laser sights to your weapon, it increases your abilitiy to effectively operate the weapon by a percentage. Notice there are also two separate numbers in this line; the first number represents the skill modification on the weapon alone, the second number with the added scopes and laser sights. Scopes and laser sights should be fully repaired to be entirely effective, and there is no need to add scopes or laser sights to a weapon on which you have 10/10 hit ability. It is possible to add 2 laser sights and one scope to a weapon by placing one laser sight on a scope, then the scope on the weapon, and placing an additional laser sight directly on the weapon.

FullWeaponStats.jpg

Now that you understand how to read weapons statistics, hopefully you will be able to choose the perfect weapon for yourself and your skill level. :handgun:

Keep in mind that hunting with a weapon that is above your skill level can become very costly. You will burn more ammo and do less damage, miss shots, spend extra in weapon decay and possibly amplifier decay. Who wants to spend 10 ammo to do 12 damage? All of these things can add up over time to millions of wasted PED. Choose your weapons wisely! :sniper:[CENTER

Last edited:
nicely done , this will help us newbs alot :):wtg::wtg:

Excellent info, well laid out and explained.

STICKY!!

thats very well explained, i think many ppl will find this very helpfull
+rep

Thank you for the feedback guys! I'm glad you find it helpful. :D

I've answered the same questions time & time again for many a newbie about weapons stats, so I figured that a little guide might come in handy for both newcomers and mentors alike. I find it to be much easier to read and understand, or explain something of this nature in this type of format, rather than trying to understand or explain it via PM or chat inside of EU.

I read through it again and found all kinds of typos and mistakes, please feel free to point out any more if you happen to notice them while reading it & I'll fix it. :cool:

maybe an opalo with A101 would be a better exemple, your kross is cool too, because it explains whats (L) weapon.
a scope and sight will make your guide perfect IMO.

Excellent guide, +rep!

Skill Progress: 100% This percentage represents the speed at which you will gain skill in the damage professional level named above when using this weapon. It is not a good idea to use a weapon on which you are below 100% skill-gain-rate. Doing so will cheat you out of skills gained per PEDs spent with the particular weapon.

I'm not sure about this part - I didn't think the Skill Progress had a relationship with skill gains. You're right, it's not a good idea to use a weapon on which you are below 100% Skill Progress, but that's because you will have very poor hit/damage stats on the weapon, as you're not skilled enough to use it properly. It doesn't really have anything to do with skill gains, if I understand it correctly.

I'm not sure about this part - I didn't think the Skill Progress had a relationship with skill gains. You're right, it's not a good idea to use a weapon on which you are below 100% Skill Progress, but that's because you will have very poor hit/damage stats on the weapon, as you're not skilled enough to use it properly. It doesn't really have anything to do with skill gains, if I understand it correctly.

Yeah correct Oleg. It represents how close you are to reaching the required stats for the gun. So if you need lvl 10 to use a given gun, skill progress would be 90% when you reach lvl 9. Think that's how it works anyway.

Great post

One update I might add though is a bit more clarity around the "Condition Limit" since for a noob that might not mean anything. For instance:

"3% means that if you take the full TT-value of the gun and multiply it by 0.03 you will see the TT-value at which the weapon will no longer work for you as it is too "used up" or "damaged". In the case of my Korss, that makes it XX.YY"

or something.

And lastly I might put some indicators of the known range of Durabilities, as a reference. Even I'm not sure I know them all, but offhand I can recall...

Fragile
Poor
Average
Above Average
Good
Very Good
Excellent

But having a complete list (and any notes that folks might have to share about the durability values) might be nice.

Last edited:
Excellent guide, +rep!

Yeah correct Oleg. It represents how close you are to reaching the required stats for the gun. So if you need lvl 10 to use a given gun, skill progress would be 90% when you reach lvl 9. Think that's how it works anyway.

I started to write to make a correction to this, when something came across my mind: Aren't all of the old-style non-(L) weapons 100% skill progress, whether they are maxed by the individual's skill or not? I have a feeling that the above is probably true for the (L) weapons, it makes complete sense, but what about the same statistic on the non-(L) weapons that always say 100%? :dunno: Anybody know? I'd like to present as accurate information as possible. Thanks for all feedback!

It may also be worth noting that exact decay costs can usually be found on Entropedia, and perhaps that a broken can't be dropped.

I started to write to make a correction to this, when something came across my mind: Aren't all of the old-style non-(L) weapons 100% skill progress, whether they are maxed by the individual's skill or not? I have a feeling that the above is probably true for the (L) weapons, it makes complete sense, but what about the same statistic on the non-(L) weapons that always say 100%? :dunno: Anybody know? I'd like to present as accurate information as possible. Thanks for all feedback!

Yes, non-L weapons are always 100% because the required level is 0. It still doesn't matter to skill gains. I suppose the main thing to note here is that on the old-style weapons you'll still have poor stats even though it says 100% progress, unless you have high hit/damage professions.

It may also be worth noting that exact decay costs can usually be found on Entropedia, and perhaps that a broken can't be dropped.

Will add this note! :)

Yes, non-L weapons are always 100% because the required level is 0. It still doesn't matter to skill gains. I suppose the main thing to note here is that on the old-style weapons you'll still have poor stats even though it says 100% progress, unless you have high hit/damage professions.

Thank you for the confirmation! :cool:

Scopes and laser sights have been added; other corrections have been made. Thank you to everyone for the feedback, it is much appreciated!

Feel free to comment if there is anything else that needs to be added or corrected, or if you just like/dislike the guide! :cool:

Calculation of Actual Damage

I'd like you to add a section explaining how the Hit Ability and the Damage Range affect the actual damage done. Something along the lines of

The probability of hitting is between 80% and 91%, depending on whether your HA is 0.0 or 10.0 (for non-L weapons your Hit Professional Standing varying between 0 and 100)

The average damage done on a successful hit is the average of the minimum and maximum damage, so varies between 62.5% and 75% of the maximum, (for non-L weapons, depending on your Damage Professional Standing varying between 0 and 100)

The actual average damage therefore is these two percentages multiplied together, i.e the maximum damage of the weapon multiplied by between 50% and 68.5%. I can't say exactly how Critical Hits modify this, but I think the top figure is increased to about 70%.

So if your Professional Standing is say 10 (in both Hit and Dmg, for simplicity), if you have a maxed L weapon , it does 70% of the max weapon damage; if you use an old-style Unlimited weapon, it does 52% of the max weapon damage. This is a massive advantage of 35% in favour of using L weapons, and more than covers any markup on buying new ones when they run out.

L Weapons where SIB : Not Yet

Don't ever use SIB weapons where either Damage or Hit says 'not yet' - the economy will be terrible.

If Damage is 'not yet', you can see the effect clearly because the damage range is abnormally low. Instead of an average of 62.5% when you are exactly at the min SIB, it is 37.5%.

If Hit is 'not yet', the HA says 0.0/10, but I suspect this is a display bug because an MA programmer couldn't be bothered to display the HA as a negative number. Since there is an obvious penalty if Damage is 'not yet', logically there should be penalty if Hit is 'not yet', and this would be effected by the Hit Rate being below 80%, equivalent to a negative HA. I don't think anyone has actually tested this, so it is a theory.

These penalties make L weapons below SIB by far the least efficient weapons in game, below even any old UL weapon for an avatar with no skills at all.

Last edited:
Since this is a guide for new players, how about using the Opalo and Jester D1 to illustrate the difference between the weapon types (emphasising the advantage that the Opalo starts at HA 3.0, and rapidly gets better). Add in the Emik S30 as an example of an L weapon (which starts at HA 0.0, but rapidly gets better)

Condition Limit: 3.0% The minimum condition percentage. For example, if the weapon is worth 100PED at full Trade Terminal value, and the condition limit is 3.0%, then the minimum condition for the weapon is 3PED Trade Terminal value. When the weapon, or any other item reaches it's minimum condition, it can no longer be dropped on the ground or in an estate.

And most of all you can't use it anymore. Remembering some discussions about this I'd say it should be added.

Besides that very nice :)

a good guide, +rep to you!

(...)

The probability of hitting is between 80% and 91%, depending on whether your HA is 0.0 or 10.0 (for non-L weapons your Hit Professional Standing varying between 0 and 100)

(...)

Wait a minute... is this just an example or those are true values. I mean are you sure that when i have 0/10 hit ability then i have 80% chances to hit and when 10/10 then i have 91%?

If I understood something wrong please explain.

I am actually looking for this information and it would be nice if those values were verified (I mean if there is any thread or mayby someone just tried shooting 1000 [or 10000] shoots with weapon 0/10 and 10/10 and counted the missed shoots).

This would be very helpful when coutning my actual best eco weapon :).

I am not concerned about critical hits because i think about it rather like a bonus than including my eco coutning.

Oh and one more thing: is there any list of "when the weapon is maxed" values? On entropedia not every (was looking at carabins) gun has this value and there is no column to "sort" it with raising values. It would be helpful inforamtion too.

Thx for help
Falagor

Last edited:
I did not know that

That was very helpful, I have been playing just over a week and learned much that will save me some PED. nuff said

Thank you much for your time in submitting this and the replies. It's not easy making it in a strange, hostile world everyone has an opinion and not everyone's can be trusted -_-
Ty again

Everything is relevant _ freejack Master Syd :cool:

Thanks for the breakdown. This helps clear up some things that people may not understand in the info pane.

Very well said.. Excellent guide! This is very helpful to a new player like me..

Last edited:
Being a N00b this is a great read! Thank you for putting forth the time and effort to put this information together. It will be VERY useful in game.

Thank you all for the feedback! :)

Very helpful post thanks for your time.

Very helpful guide for us newbies!

Thanks a lot

Very good! Is this still up-to-date?

Back