FYI: Webshop issue - Deposit fails, but money gets taken from bank

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
Hello,

Last deposit through webshop that I made yesterday gave an error, but I noticed that the exact deposit amount was taken from my bank from MA.
I'm using debit card Master card, on most sites it requires you to do a two-factor bank id verification digitally, though on entropia webshop it somehow skips that.

A few weeks ago I tried to deposit through in-game deposit, the deposit didn't go through but the amount was taken from my bank account as well. Support did give that time the money back within a few business days.

In the past it always worked with same card.

Anyone else noticed this issue?

Edit: Reply from support.
index.php

I didn't get a reply why there was an error. Processing error sure, but why? What can I do stop it from happening again?

Last edited:
2 users on discord had same issue, one of them had this issue 3 times yesterday btw.

The money gets "reserved" by your bank and that holds for up to 9 (i think, if i remember correctly) business days. That has nothing to do with MA. They "release" the money asap when its an error.

Got same response as sort of you gave me Randy, thx for the info. I'm not feeling like trying a third depo attempt atm, so will wait until I get the money back on my bank.

Hi The,

Thank you for contacting us.

"I'd like for you guys to clarify how long is "some time"? A few business days?"

It varies depending on both the payment provider and your bank. We apologize for not being able to give you an exact timeline.

"Would also like to know why the deposit failed, this is the second time it fails, the previous time was when I tried to deposit through in game transfer center."

It can be different reasons such as: your bank server was unavailable at the moment or there was a communication failure somewhere or there was a temporary glitch with the payment provider.

Kind regards,
Jasper | Entropia Universe Support

Why not use a credit card so it doesn't hold your cash?

Back