Help: Weird Crashes

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
Hi there,

Sent a support case to MA, they asked me for DXdiag, I sent it, then I updated the suport few times, and still no answer so far. (2 months)

I post here whith hope that some peoples have enough knowledge in computing to help. :dunce:

My computer is:

Windows 10 64 bits
Intel i5 7300 HQ
nVidia 1050 TI 4go
8 GB RAM

I play on medium settings, and the game runs very smooth most of times.
I can go everywhere, even whith alot of avatars around whithout any problem.
Even I was at Huusk or at last Purger event where maybe 150 avatars were around,
and it was ok, not even lagy. :yup:

But... Sometimes in some locations, the games imediatly crash when I go there.
I do mean this hapens only on specific times crossed whith specific locations.
That's why I call it "weird"... :scratch2:

For example, I go almost everyday at Fury, and it's usualy working good.
But today I was unable to go there.
Instant crash, 1/2 second after I TPed, and then crash on every relog, until I manage to leave the place very quick before it crash..
Tried 10 times, even in "safe mode", no way... same crash.

This makes me think it could be related to some specific avatars around.

Another example, I often go to Ashi.
Same, 99% times I got no problem at all.
But about 2 weeks ago I crashed everytime I was entering the little building there.
Checked who was inside.
There was 4/5 avatars. Wrote their name.

Yesterday, same thing, crashed when entering the building.
Ask a friend to check who was inside, and one of them was there also on the last time I crashed.
I waited a bit, then the guy logout.
Tried to enter the building again and all was ok.... no crash.

So I don't know if it's really linked to some specific avatars, but for sure it's weird to me...

And for sure it's getting really annoying. :banghead:

If anyone have an idea about what's hapens here I would be happy to read :)

Thanks.

Nobody ? :confused:

Edit:

MA answer to my suport case; "The issue you described isn't possible"...
Then they closed the case saying they can't do anything for me. :D

So if someone has any idea, would be nice. :yup:

Very much doubt that would be related to WHICH avatars are there, but HOW MANY could have something to do with it. I've had similar stuff happen in the past when more than say 4 avatars are inside certain buildings with me, for example at the bartender at Fury, where that room has more than the usual number of surfaces to render inside it. With your setup this shouldn't be happening. Could be something in the interaction between your graphics card, CryEngine2, and Windows (the latter can get a bit quirky under the hood).
Wish I knew enough to be useful rather than just ruling out the most obvious things about it. Best of luck with Support, I know they try, but sometimes we players get a very frustrating experience. Keep trying, and maybe try running EU from a different machine.

reinstall game (make sure all tempfiles and caches are cleared) and update all drivers

you might have a corrupt shader or something

i've pc master race and EU is the only game where i crash/bug. When i repair "all" from terminal i crash like 1 times on 2 try. And i do get several random crashes aswell after teleporting etc. I don't think he could be avatar related, but an item that wear the avatar could make the crash happen maybe. I remember have often crash when i was arround a loud weapon with red laser from rocktropia if i recall good.

in search bar on windows type view event logs, go to windows log, go to system and see the errors you're getting from the system info. from there you can see if it's windows issue or entropia issue or maybe could be a combination of errors that cause the system crash.

i've pc master race and EU is the only game where i crash/bug. When i repair "all" from terminal i crash like 1 times on 2 try. And i do get several random crashes aswell after teleporting etc. I don't think he could be avatar related, but an item that wear the avatar could make the crash happen maybe. I remember have often crash when i was arround a loud weapon with red laser from rocktropia if i recall good.

I'd say always do a full uninstall to clean up any old references (sometimes you might have to do some manual deleting)

Present avatars isn't a bad guess though, it's probably something in the rendering process that causes and unhandled exception (that isn't static ,i .e it's not structural).

Now since this is not something that seems to happen to other people there are two likely scenarios:

1. Something is wrong with your game files:
This is the most likely scenario. It's strange that a broken texture or shader would not default to a blank one so this is either a programming error where broken assets aren't handled gracefully or maybe the assembly that handles these files in some way are broken.

- When did you last update entropia?
- did it work prior this date?
- ask all avatars present to get naked ( this is usually not an okay thing to do, especially IRL)

2. Something is wrong with your GPU:
Less likely, you would probably experience flimmers and in more applications etc (but not guaranteed that you'd see it in other games at first). I would start by uninstalling all files of EU (temp and cached files too) before considering this option.
If you are still experiencing crashes however I would reinstall your graphics drivers and check in the device manager that your GPU is working correctly

if it's still not working install an older driver and try (ask on forum if anyone with your GPU and installed driver version has experienced something similar)

If you have multiple GPU's see that it's set to the correct one or try to switch temporarily to the internal one

- when was the last time you updated your graphics drivers?
- did it work prior this update?

and lastly if nothing works do a soft reboot on your PC (the one that doesn't wipe all files)
if this doesn't fix it you can reboot the whole thing but that sucks like the black hole that is Donald Trumps heart

Hopefully the first few steps are enough GL

Thanks to all of you for answers. :)

ask all avatars present to get naked
:laugh:

I don't want to look like a perverted. :ahh:

More seriously, even if it's linked to some specific avatar, and more probably whith something he's wearing, I don't want to disturb them
since the player behind is not responsible at all.

Yes, all drivers are up to date.
And I don't have any problem whith others programs nor games.
Only crash whith EU so far.

By the way the error I find in logs after a crash is always the same "c0000005".

I thought about to unsinstall the whole game and reinstall, but if my connection is good to play (whith 50ms latency), my download speed is very low, about 130Ko/s, and I would need about 1 week to download the game again.. :computer:

But if it happens again I'll probably try to do it from a friend's house whith better download speed.

Oh, and yes, there is 2 video cards on my computer, but the NVidia one is already set to runs EU, and it does.

Back