Help: Weird Polygon Problems...

vantastic

Dominant
Shop 10, Level 1 Port Atlantis Mall. Shop 10, Leve
Society
Southern Fortress Engineering
Niko Vantastic Holm
I'm running an Inspiron 9400 Laptop with an NVIDIA 7900 GS card and have been having some issues...

I'm running the latest drivers and this is still happening... anyone else had this problem and were able to fix it?

I've tried to change the resolution, the AA, the screen ratio and windowed/full modes... always the same kinda thing...

See below:

Last edited:
I've had the same problem. usually relogging or restarting the computer solves the problem, but when i lowered my graphic settings such as the visual quality, it never happened again. Although i am running on high graphic settings, this scenario usually happens when play for a long time consecutively.

I am using the Dell XPS m1210

it could be that the card is getting too hot in your laptop. does it happen right on login or does it take time to start occuring?

quite sure the GPU, either voltage or temperature.
IF you have the laptop some time it could be because of dust and fluffs (inproper cooling).Sometime it can also be because of inproper space the the laptop ist on (wood sometimes is a perfect isolation source for heat)
Sometimes even helps if one uses a bit older drivers, if you installed newer one just recently they might use a bit more agressive tunings.

it could be because of dust and fluffs (inproper cooling)

very true i forgot that .... little canned air in the laptop vents will get those out.

Once in a great while I get the odd steram from someones head usually. Last time it happened was just one person in the crowd doing this. This is on my desktop. I figured it was just an occasional bug. I know I`ve heard others see the same as I have but not quite as bad as in those screen shots or alone for that matter.

Once in a great while I get the odd steram from someones head usually. Last time it happened was just one person in the crowd doing this. This is on my desktop. I figured it was just an occasional bug. I know I`ve heard others see the same as I have but not quite as bad as in those screen shots or alone for that matter.

Same here, but it happens a lot less after I bought a new comp, with a lot better stats.

S V :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll try giving the latop a little clean up and see if that fixes it.

:D

I had a similar problem but like one of the pther people said usualy a restart or relog would solve it for me - hasn't happened for a couple weeks now actualy.

For those who are interested I found a solution... It was simply to put the screen ratio to 16:9 instead of 16:10... everyone looks a little skinny but at least they're in the complete forms :D

Back