Weird second java window in IM client?

Lavawalker

Elite
Banned
Society
Church of Lootius
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker
Hi 711,

Is there any way to kill off that second window that pops up each load of the IM or if you right click the tray icon ? Or is something that something I will need to live with :scratch2:

The Window Class being another - 'SunAwtFrame'

~ Sparkz

Hi 711,

Is there any way to kill off that second window that pops up each load of the IM or if you right click the tray icon ? Or is something that something I will need to live with :scratch2:

The Window Class being another - 'SunAwtFrame'

~ Sparkz

Bah, nvm, I see it is responsible for providing the right click menu functionality.

Ok next question. Can you make it so that little window does not sit ontop of all other windows all the time ? :D

It would sit directly ontop of my EU window and become a distraction, my EU window automatically positions to 0,0 using actual windows guard.

A possible work around solution is to give the window a caption so I can use actual windows guard to automatically reposition it myself. Since it does not have a caption I can only go off the windows calss of which the IM program itself uses the same windows class ... It needs to be something unique, hence using a caption I can achieve this ;)

Previous happy snap ... [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

~ Sparkz

Any resolution on the second Java window that likes to sit in the top left of the screen always ontop of other windows upon loading or right clicking ?

Not pushing btw, no rush my side,
I will hold off for a later version if necessary.

Great program, but that pretty much kills it for me tbh, sorry Neo.
I know I am a pain and you can spank me later :laugh: :D

~ Sparkz

Any resolution on the second Java window that likes to sit in the top left of the screen always ontop of other windows upon loading or right clicking ?

Not pushing btw, no rush my side,
I will hold off for a later version if necessary.

Great program, but that pretty much kills it for me tbh, sorry Neo.
I know I am a pain and you can spank me later :laugh: :D

~ Sparkz

lavawalker,

Please provide a screenshot, I am not experiencing this issue, and no other members have reported it.

Also, please provide details on your Windows version, and any special settings or software that might be causing the issue.

Moved to bug reports section.
Thanks.

lavawalker,

Please provide a screenshot, I am not experiencing this issue, and no other members have reported it.

Also, please provide details on your Windows version, and any special settings or software that might be causing the issue.

Moved to bug reports section.
Thanks.

kk will do, Thanks.

I am downloading the new version and installing Sun java on the second computer this time around rather than using the JRE included version.

I am hoping that will clear up the issue.

~ Sparkz

Ok,

I downloaded 1.0.1 no JRE, I installed the latest version of Java from www_java_com

here are the results :-

Running WinXP, all updates installed.
Not running any fancy programs on this machine, it is only used to do auxillary work upon and play the occassional stand alone game.
Straight forward MS setup really, tray icons running are OO Clever Cache (No effect not loading it, cache management only), OO Defrag Monitor ... both latest versions. Daemon Tools Lite (Don't leave home without it :laugh:) and Antivirus from Symantec Corp v.10 for WinXP ... also Actual Windows Guard (Nothing fancy, just a program that allows you to do various things with running windows on the desktop .. no effect having this disabled/closed)

Thumbnails ... [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

~ Sparkz

PS. Just testing it on this system, the main system has a similar setup running Vista Ultimate SP1 ... IM Not installed there yet.

Last edited:
BTW, the top left window if I close it, reopens when right clicking the tray icon for EntropiaIM ....

If I maximise it, it is a completely white-blank box with title bar as shown with the small version ...

If I minimise it, it places a large title bar version that spans 6 odd cms down the bottom right above the start button and right clicking EntropiaIM tray icon will not display the menu if minimised.

Hence why I determined it is to do with the menu functionality of right click the tray icon.

~ Sparkz

BTW, the top left window if I close it, reopens when right clicking the tray icon for EntropiaIM ....

If I maximise it, it is a completely white-blank box with title bar as shown with the small version ...

If I minimise it, it places a large title bar version that spans 6 odd cms down the bottom right above the start button and right clicking EntropiaIM tray icon will not display the menu if minimised.

Hence why I determined it is to do with the menu functionality of right click the tray icon.

~ Sparkz

It sounds to me like your Windows Guard program (or some other process) is causing this second window to appear.

As I said, I do not have such a window, and I have tested the IM client on 4 different PCs (2 desktops, 2 laptops). Also, no other members have reported this behavior, nor have I seen anything similar in any screenshots posted by users.

It sounds to me like your Windows Guard program (or some other process) is causing this second window to appear.

As I said, I do not have such a window, and I have tested the IM client on 4 different PCs (2 desktops, 2 laptops). Also, no other members have reported this behavior, nor have I seen anything similar in any screenshots posted by users.

Aye,

I just stopped the service from running rather than exiting the program.
By default, when loaded it displays any hidden windows running on the desktop.

All good, I will add a rule in windows guard to locate both the IM program and that second window to the same desktop location using the window class rather than titlebar caption then set the IM Window to always on top.

It is something I can live with :)

Sorry to have taken up your time there Neo.

~ Sparkz

Back