Welcome back to Camp Phoenix

black_rain13

Retired Mafia Princess
Society
Happily Retired
Ginny "BlackReign" Johansen
Well, seems like just yesterday that we could gather around the TP in Camp Phoenix, lead and tank bigger mobs for the sweaters to have their molesting ways with and then kill the mob when dry and take a penny or two to help cover our outrageous decay.

Oh yeah, those were the good old days.

Well, tonight I took it upon myself to relive a little nostalgia...

It cost me a pretty PED or two... well, more like 100, but I managed to get a nice little revival going. Almost a religious experience.

Here are a couple of screenies of some of the action..

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

We found out very quickly, as you can see, that the little grove of trees just west of the TP is just out of reach of the new turrent. This still left everyone close enough to the revival stations that there was plenty of fun to be had by everyone.

Everyone except one who was all upset that we were crashing the sweat economy.... To hell with him I say, the sweat economy is still crashed... it never got better to begin with.

Anyway... everyone should feel free to come to Phoenix again and bask in the warm glow of the Calypso sun and take advantage of the mob spawns just over the river that produce such a splendid crop of vibrant sweat.

SEE YOU THERE!

it's good to see hairy back at his old "new" post at phoenix :)

you healed 44 points with a fap 80?

shhh... ancient Chinese Secret...

No, actually I can only heal 32 with the FAP 90... GunOil had just healed me with his big Heal chip and he can heal 44 with it.

Camp Pheonix is Open for Business

Thanks to all those who moved back to CP tonight! The sweating is still the best in all of EU! We now congregate out west of the TP and gun enplacements. The mobs stay with us and almost never are attracted to the gun turrets! There were Atrox and Amax Cows as well as the local clientele.

We even had some merchants show up and some hunting teams forming again. The revival terminal is still in shouting distance as well as the TP.

So if you have ever longed for the days of hanging out in the warm Calypso sun and sweating en masse and making new friends and meeting new players, then come home to Camp Pheonix. Just head due West as soon as you land.

And if you have recently joined EU and passed through Camp Pheonix on your way to another destination, you owe it to yourself to drop back by and get a taste of the EU community at its finest. You will meet people with the answers to all the questions you have, and the time to share them with you.

Camp Pheonix has been a first home to alot of players. It can be yours if you will just come back!

I for one am glad to see it coming back. More power to ya! :)

I have missed just kickin back and relaxing at phoenix. I just might have to stop in there again and work on my fap and ME skills :D

:tiphat: to you sir... and good luck

Yep, was good to see it back, just west of the TP out the way of that stupid turrent, i can start to skill mindforce more efficent now, since i bought all i needed for heal/focus 3 days before they placed that turret...lets see if it lasts

pheonix_thumb.jpg
[/url][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/IMG]

same thing happened to me i had all my MF stuff about a week before they killed sweating and placed that turrett...so ive been popping in and out of troy and skilling there once in a while, but thats just not the same as phoenix for some reason.

woohoo!!! i loved camp phoenix, i'll definetly be there when i start playing again. i upgraded to windows vista and now downgrading back to windows xp because vista is too buggy, but pretty :)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy to get sweat !!!!

I shall be coming back to the holy land once I get back online and I shal bring friends.... someone go to troy and announce the glory of this news :D

Wahay :) Sweating at phoenix is back again !! :cheer:

I miss the days where i'd just mean to pop into phoenix for 5 mins and end up spending all night enjoying the atmosphere and company there!
Troy just doesnt do the same thing for me for some odd reason.

I'll definately be popping along there again now :D

Very nice :)

Ah very cool to see people going back there. its was my first real place to meet and learn to play. I shall go home again :)

Camp Phoenix? Best sweating in EU? For those on their first week, maybe.... but the real sweat pay-out is from the Allophyls just south of Limnadian District TP.... can't get 1000 a day off snots!

We don't sweat snots at Camp Phoenix.. on the contrary, we run Atrox old-guardian and Aramax cows and bulls into the Phoenix Sweat Farms and I tell ya... those newer players, even with their lower sweating skills were still taking home between 500-1000 units of sweat in just a couple of hours time.

Yes, those days are alive and kicking again... let's just keep this movement going until MA decides to park yet another turrent out there and bust up the fun again.

Bring it on MA... you can't place turrents everywhere. :D

Thank you, Mr. Black_rain, Sir, for this initiative. I have been going to CP lately and wondering at the changes that took place there since my time away. Whatever prompted MA to place that silly turret just there? Was it a lag issue? Or, something more sinister, like players earning ped? In any case, I hope the new arrangement takes hold. I may pay you all a visit there soon, as I have been looking for a good place to perspire.

Sincerely,
Donald

Hurrikane said:
Camp Phoenix? Best sweating in EU? For those on their first week, maybe.... but the real sweat pay-out is from the Allophyls just south of Limnadian District TP.... can't get 1000 a day off snots!

LOL I can get way more than 1k a day off of snots ;) trust me I have done it many many times.

Donald said:
Thank you, Mr. Black_rain, Sir, for this initiative. I have been going to CP lately and wondering at the changes that took place there since my time away. Whatever prompted MA to place that silly turret just there? Was it a lag issue? Or, something more sinister, like players earning ped? In any case, I hope the new arrangement takes hold. I may pay you all a visit there soon, as I have been looking for a good place to perspire.

Sincerely,
Donald

I think the main reason to put the turret at CP was to shake things up a bit... let's face it, to be saying "remember Camp phoenix?" is just as cool as saying "still the same at Camp Phoenix", and it made people change their habits, explore more and see what's out there, instead of spending countless hours in the same spot. There are many good places to sweat well-stocked mobs near to revivals.

(and BlackRain, as I recall from the sweating days, Allophyls hold about 120 sweat each before drying, which cannot be said for the smaller mobs. I appreciate you were talking of Atrox and Armax (or Aramax, it's musketeer relation:)) and yes, these appearing at the old Camp Phoenix was a cool thing, and I'm glad you've found a way to make it happen again. I ran quite a few mobs there myself.... great way to fill time between deposits and put a smile on your face....

.....30 or 40 Diripi was always a favourite :vampire: )

Last edited:
They can't keep a good sweat shop down. What's MA gonna do, place turrets all over? :rolleyes: Nerf sweating everywhere? :rolleyes:

Face it, folks Camp Phoenix is a great place to camp out and sweat your butts off.

Gratz to ya Blackrain for doing this. :thumbup:

Hurrikane said:
I think the main reason to put the turret at CP was to shake things up a bit... let's face it, to be saying "remember Camp phoenix?" is just as cool as saying "still the same at Camp Phoenix", and it made people change their habits, explore more and see what's out there, instead of spending countless hours in the same spot. There are many good places to sweat well-stocked mobs near to revivals.

Gotta disagree with ya here, Hurrikane. I'm n00bish and spent my fair share at Camp Phoenix (met many great friends there, too) but I still have done a lotta traveling. Go to the rig often enough, head up to CND, obviously have all the TPs. Hunt and mine in many different places....

And I still found time to do all this while often hanging out at Camp Phoenix.

Oh wait, sorry, my mistake. N00bs can't go to the rig. Forget I said that. :whistle:

JohnCapital said:
Gotta disagree with ya here, Hurrikane. I'm n00bish and spent my fair share at Camp Phoenix (met many great friends there, too) but I still have done a lotta traveling. Go to the rig often enough, head up to CND, obviously have all the TPs. Hunt and mine in many different places....

And I still found time to do all this while often hanging out at Camp Phoenix.

Oh wait, sorry, my mistake. N00bs can't go to the rig. Forget I said that. :whistle:

Cool, wasn't saying it meant all of the CP regulars..... but the desire to sell more apartments might also be another reason for MA breaking up the party at Camp Phoenix:) I use Fort Fury as my apartment, it's quiet when there's no egg-frenzy, but I know a lot of people based their whole game at Camp Phoenix and it's surrounds. It's like in a chat site, with many rooms to go to, there's always one that's got 40 more people in, talking at once, achieving little. Camp Phoenix was "the Lobby."

Oh, and don't let anything put you off visiting the Rig in Orange. Get what you can and where you can, history does not recall the hesitant. To go there and get oil while still in orange is a quest in my book. The only cost involved is other people's ammo, and if enough noobs went at once who knows. Maybe the cost of defending would work out more than the oil and the whole Rig situation would change. No rules except EULA, remember?:)

Hello Everyone,

I stopped by Pheonix last night and caught a glimps of the now elusive sweat hunters. It brought a tear to my eye as I though "We're Back!!!!"

I was born in Atlas Haven but pheonix was, and will again be, home.

Grounder

Hi there! Sweat together is better than solo ever!
:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
I loved Camp Phoenix, I will be back!

_Neo_ said:
Hi there! Sweat together is better than solo ever!
:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
I loved Camp Phoenix, I will be back!

How has this not recieved the "message has too many smilies" block? Not that I don't like the post, but I get blocked after 4....

Hurrikane said:
How has this not recieved the "message has too many smilies" block? Not that I don't like the post, but I get blocked after 4....

Funny you mention that. I just did a post on another thread and was able to do 6 smilies.

:) :) :) :) :)

Seems that's the new limit. ;)

WTF is sweating??

And a big WOO WOOOOO to camp pheonix being back. I remember coming back from my break and looking to give some oj some free items and being in a ghost town.

Just last night i went to troy to give a pixie harness away, i traded with one OJ to give him the thing and before i said a word he says "What do YOU want".

I had just put the harness in the window, took it out and went on. Never had rudeness like that in CP... Ahhh GOOD work BR!

Sui

I was a diripi sweater (3 sweats max, and then it was dry) when i got capped.. So camp phoenix was never my thing.. although it was the tp closest to the river.
But it's nice to see it's back.

Back