well seems I hit a nail and MA wants to cencor me.

Should MA be allowed to cencor (delete posts) on the forums they dont want heard by the community

• Total voters
Status

Fopsie

Prowler
Society
Rekkies
Shiro "Jakal" Kitsune
A little background. This was posted in the Response-from-MA-Support-Case Thread on the Dev's corner.

Kim from MA deleted one of my posts and modified another one of my post without even giving a reason when I asked wtf why delete my previos post, Now all of a sudden they closed the thread and deleted my post again thinking that I will giveup with their blitant attempt to censor me. Well now I'm pasting it here where no one from MA is supposed to have the right to delete posts and also for added security I uploaded the screenshots.

The message
untitled_613988.jpg

5 min later and also closed.
untitled2.jpg

Kim care to explain yourself or are you just going to press for this to be deleted aswell ?

While the whole ordeal certainly is pathetic.

It was clearly bugged, so how can you know, that the whole not a shared mob thing, wasn't the bug, that resulted in it not having loot in the first place?

About the changing and deleting of posts.
This forum does belong to MindArk and is the official forum for Planet Calypso, so i am pretty sure Kim, as head of Calypso development, can do as he pleases, although i don't really like it at all either.

While the whole ordeal certainly is pathetic.

It was clearly bugged, so how can you know, that the whole not a shared mob thing, wasn't the bug, that resulted in it not having loot in the first place?

About the changing and deleting of posts.
This forum does belong to MindArk and is the official forum for Planet Calypso, so i am pretty sure Kim as head of Calypso development, can do as he pleases, although i don't really like it at all either.

Forum belongs to 711 not MA. Get facts in line before calling someone out.

-Bemo-

sadly i am pretty sure it will be deleted too...

anyway good point with required DPS/Player, in the current system it is not possible to do the hunt/quest, as it is tend to do. To kill the hussk we have to find a workaround for the given system.... how could anybody implement such a mob with that knowledge, the other possibility is, they wanted to implemented it -to have it done- and reconfigure the rest of the system(e.g. Teamsystem) later. maybe no one has expected that the community would do such a run. Even the Top 10 Soc's would have their problems with doing it alone. Would it be possible? (As we know just with splitted teams anyway)

+rep for resistence :)

Forum belongs to 711 not MA. Get facts in line before calling someone out.

-Bemo-
wasnt it bought by MA/FPC?
i mean i thought all the content of the old ef.com was bought and the ef.com domain was left for 711. After that MA bought ef.com either.

Am i false?

wasnt it bought by MA/FPC?
i mean i thought all the content of the old ef.com was bought and the ef.com domain was left for 711. After that MA bought ef.com either.

Am i false?

SDS was to buy this forum and 711 sold out the database of old EF. SDS crashed and the sale never happened. 711 owns both.

-Bemo-

Last edited:
Bemo you are right, i hadn't checked up on the whole details of the forum sale in a while and thought MA would get their act together for once and just pay what was agreed upon, well silly me. :dunce:

Anyway like i said before, from what i red from Kim before in general and talking about the Husk specifically, i was under the impression that he was well aware of how insane of a mob it is.
I still think it was always intended to be a shared loot mob and that the system for whatever reason just royally screwed up, which should never had have happened obviously.
That is the problem with the way MA runs things, the design team, having little to no insight into how loot actually works and the loot algorithm never been designed for mobs, with insane HP and regen to begin with.

Just to add that this is not the first time Kim has done something like this. Back on EF Kim also deleted some of my posts and some other players posts when we gave our opinion about something. 711 rectified the problem of hard deleting there however. link to EF about simular behavior by kim there.

I'm adding a poll to this thread to see the comunities view on if MA should have the power to cencor what they dont want heard by the comunity on the forums.

In general I hate any deletion and ban.....especially for telling the truth.

In this case looks like you are just pointing out the obvious and shouldn't be a case for deletion. + rep

The way MA handling stuff... I'm really worried.... I've the feeling that they are all out to make player base angry....the question is ... why?

Well Fopise, maybe you posted about something stupid or offensive?

Anyways, realistic dps per uber is somewhere in the 110-140 range I guess, including enhanced weapons. This does not however in some way render it impossible for the Hussk to be non shared loot. It just means that whoever wants to take it down, needs to higher some amount of predamagers.

Edit: Oh, and as far as the "censoring" by MA goes, they can do that only in the dev's corner subforum. This has been covered before. So don't post there if you don't agree to it.

I'd like to see justification for option 2 ( MA has the right to censor) of someone choose it.

Also, bear in mind that this forum is owned by 711, and not by MA nor calypso.

Having said that I'm not sure if there is any financial arrangement btwn calypso and 711. I think it's reasonable to have such arrangement. Can anybody shed some light on it? for both pcf and ef?

If Calypso pays to 711 for services ... in that case how do you think it'd afffect the moderation of the forum as dictated by calypso officials?

In general I hate any deletion and ban.....especially for telling the truth.

You know, I want total censorship from company.

For example, shit, which you posted (don't give a link) with screenshots about CLD-sale progress - should be deleted and you - banned.

You know, why? Cuz you spread shit. If you don't understand how that market history works - don't post, please. (HINT: daily amount in PECs = amount of daily CLDs sold, check it.)

Potential damage of such crap (you called it "truth") is great. For now, that so-called "playerbase" which is "angry" - is below 5% of really playing people, who don't even know about forum, so, it's not actually a problem. Yet.

For example, shit, which you posted (don't give a link) with screenshots about CLD-sale progress - should be deleted and you - banned.

By all means if you outright accuse MA of deliberatly doing something like this Husk messup the post can be deleted but pointing out the obvios and giving a truthfull opinion about the situation and how its being handled should not be deleted and causes more distrust in MA for doing so. Do you think that the dissatisfaction (or angry players) is limited to those on the forum only? Disatisfied customers in a comunity (not just on the forums but ingame aswell) will affect other players by word of mouth so saying that its not a problem yet is underestimating the power for harm something like this actualy has. Stuff like this spread like a plague amongst players ingame and meny players has openly discussed their dissatisfaction about this in public places and soc chats further spreading the harm past the few hundred that was directly impacted by this.

I can garantee you that meny of the playes that logged support cases and got the standard generic reply has already voiced their discontent to their soc members about how this is being handled and have affected their soc members in some way even if it may not be obvios to them atm. Those members may perhaps have joined in on a future event and now choose not to join in even if they forgot about the happenings in the past the decision was simply made subconsiosly.

Last edited:
You know, I want total censorship from company.

You know, why? Cuz you spread shit. If you don't understand how that market history works - don't post, please. (HINT: daily amount in PECs = amount of daily CLDs sold, check it.)

Potential damage of such crap (you called it "truth") is great. For now, that so-called "playerbase" which is "angry" - is below 5% of really playing people, who don't even know about forum, so, it's not actually a problem. Yet.

Are you saying this pic is a shit?

yearly_and_monthly_cld_sale.jpg

cld_sale_after_mm_2011.jpg

It's just a yearly and monthly sale trend of CLD available to all EU participant. I don't know how you can call it a shit.

Now, does it hurt MA. possible (in theory)!
But MA is hurting itself way more than all of us combined.... most of us who are angry upset infact want good for MA.
We are just screaming loud for MA to stop shooting in it's own foot!

Last edited:
By all means if you outright accuse MA of deliberatly doing something like this Husk messup

No. Check screens above. Check shit which Infinity constantly pushing. Just a 1.5 year (he confessed himself) was taken for him to understand, that MU is the key.

And if he doesn't (and seems like doesn't want) to understand how those graphs works - he will post this crap for another 1.5 year? Well, CLDs will be sold in 2-3 month max, so, actually, it isn't a problem.

But I mean censorship of such shit.

And if he doesn't (and seems like doesn't want) to understand how those graphs works - he will post this crap for another 1.5 year? But I mean censorship of such shit.

Please explain the monthly sale trend for dec (bottom) and dec/jan (middle). Give me your explantions... I'm willing to learn from you now! Note i've removed the MU trend from the graph for clarity!

EDIT: sorry it's become a bit off topic.. as i was trying to respond to him!

Last edited:
@dr3w A ok now understand what you ment and well it is a bit off topic from this and frankly a personal attack on him so please discuss it in whatever thread that comes out off. As a reminder a post can be reported and if the mods feel so will delete it or modify it. This is weather MA should have the power to judge what must be censored or not, not about if threads that break the EULA or is insulting or completely wrong must be deleted witch it should and is handled by forum mods via player reports.

Please explain the monthly sale trend for nov/dec (bottom) and dec/jan (middle). Give me your explantions... I'm willing to learn from you now!

EDIT: sorry it's become a bit off topic.. as i was trying to respond to him!

No, please, learn to help yourself. Just one hint: start from understanding what is the TT-price of one CLD.

@dr3w A ok now understand what you ment and well it is a bit off topic from this and frankly a personal attack on him so please discuss it in whatever thread that comes out off. As a reminder a post can be reported and if the mods feel so will delete it or modify it. This is weather MA should have the power to judge what must be censored or not, not about if threads that break the EULA or is insulting or completely wrong must be deleted witch it should and is handled by forum mods via player reports.

Far as i knew this was 711 forum that he made for Calypso and i did not know MA had any power in the posts, but i have not been using long, so i might be wrong. When 711 or his MODS (JC for exsample) say why normally some rule breaking. I dont agree that they should delete post unless you have broken one of the rules. Hopefuly 711 will say what has happened and also Kim.

Well seems the overall feel towards this is that MA should not have the rights to delete any posts atm. I hope 711 will take the poll into consideration and remove the rights wherever they may have it (including the dev corner).

Also sent a mail to David from MA about this sins Kim don't seem to care to explain. Ill probably not get a response but at least he will know about this.

It is not just MA doing this. My soc mate suggested a 2 week "boycott" of spending PED in another thread and it was closed. The thread was not in the dev corner, and he did not word it rudely.

Seems there are a lot of locks/deletions going on at the moment because of this Hussk debacle.

It is not just MA doing this. My soc mate suggested a 2 week "boycott" of spending PED in another thread and it was closed. The thread was not in the dev corner, and he did not word it rudely.

Seems there are a lot of locks/deletions going on at the moment because of this Hussk debacle.

Hmm think that is against the forum rules to make posts like that and I see no problem in posts that violate the forum rules be deleted but post that does not break rules and simply says what MA don't want to hear should not be deleted by them.

Seems Kim is having another GOD complex. Or is very insecure :scratch2:

Should MA be allowed to cencor (delete posts) on the forums they dont want heard by the community

yes and no, if the post is unfounded I think its far that Mindark/Partners should have the access to remove threads and better defend themselves/us from the idiots. To define that is much more difficult, harder yet is finding people with the mindset to make such decisions. I have seen people with such privileges take to much and to little action on events that have happened here. Protecting people who should have been flogged, berated, and booted! from the site in some cases and others where valid concerns/comments with in the rules are swapped away.

Moderation is a difficult balance Its why I have always declined officer positions in various games/guilds. Telling others what they are allowed to say and how they can say is a bitch in any case.

In short some people here are to nice/fair so much so its unfair/nice to the offended party and others are just offensive in how they moderate. but that's coming from a guy who would refuse such a position, take it for what you want!

and just so I don't out everybody who mods most of you have found a nice balance, I look forward to keeping my active account :yup:

Sorry OP, but I do not understand really... exactly what was it that you wrote that was removed first?

That is because asking people to boycott the game is against several parts of the EULA and ToS of the game... Which in turn makes it be against forum rules.

If one team was created, couldn't it do the same for every one there and keep creating more teams?

Well seems the overall feel towards this is that MA should not have the rights to delete any posts atm. I hope 711 will take the poll into consideration and remove the rights wherever they may have it (including the dev corner).

Also sent a mail to David from MA about this sins Kim don't seem to care to explain. Ill probably not get a response but at least he will know about this.

and loose his forum's superiority (Kim posting here, etc.) vs entropiaplanets.com? Never...Divine Vixen Incarnate can't do that... :dunce::eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Only PCF mods should be moderating this forum.

Bad PR for MA employees to be acting alone..

Status
Back