Question: What are our best data driven estimates of the size of Entropia's playerbase as a function of time?

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
It is not uncommon to hear claims about how the size of the EU playerbase has changed over time made in service of various game design arguments. I have heard it stated that the playerbase is declining, that the playerbase is growing, and that the playerbase has remained roughly static. Of course, more than one of these assertions could be true if they are assumed to be made with respect to different time horizons.

I should state up front that I don't think this is a metric of paramount importance. The value proposition of Entropia necessitates a mindset of disruptive innovation, creating and expanding a new market that would not otherwise exist, not incremental innovation, skimming customers off of already-existing markets, and therefore more relevant metrics would assess how well Entropia delivers on its fundamental value proposition. Still, if taken with a grain of salt, I think knowing how the size of the playerbase has changed over time could be interesting, and possibly useful.

What are our best objective metrics of Entropia's playerbase size throughout its history? Is it possible to graph the estimated number of players or some comparable metric for each year since CryEngine 2 was implemented (or even since Entropia launched)?

F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f 4 4 4 4 4 4 1 1 f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f 4 4 4 4 4 4 1 1 1 f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

Ofh upsf sryf keyfboard f thoughft thef fforum 4 4 4 is enftropia 1 1 1 f f f f

I asked everybody in my town. Nobody plays. Therefore I conclude I am the only player and all you guys are NPCs.
Supporting evidence:

There's probably more data out there... If and since Planet Partnes and Mindark itself are playing alt or fake avatars, many of which are funded using peds created by Mindark and the Planet Partners themselves then any data suggesting the size of playerbase is uh, sort of pointless? How many of the data points inany given category are completely made up by non-existing participants that are faked by those playing the game while on the clock so to speak?

Some planets don't have enough avatars playing 24/7 for tracker to see all globals. ... others do... especially during some times when that particular planet partner may want more publicity... Rumor exists that some planet partners create avatars to make stuff like that more present... not clear if there's truth to that or not, but there goes one data source that many quote as reliable being anything but...

Supporting evidence:

There's probably more data out there... If and since Planet Partnes and Mindark itself are playing alt or fake avatars, many of which are funded using peds created by Mindark and the Planet Partners themselves then any data suggesting the size of playerbase is uh, sort of pointless? How many of the data points inany given category are completely made up by non-existing participants that are faked by those playing the game while on the clock so to speak?

Some planets don't have enough avatars playing 24/7 for tracker to see all globals. ... others do... especially during some times when that particular planet partner may want more publicity... Rumor exists that some planet partners create avatars to make stuff like that more present... not clear if there's truth to that or not, but there goes one data source that many quote as reliable being anything but...
Ma are 60 people, even if they all play it is a drop in the bucket and does not make the total estimate pointless.

I use for my own purposes, and with no claim to be an accurate meter
My own Entropialife page statistics
best (Funny) case scenario is no player does more than 1 activity: 6.506 globallers last month
worst case scenario: all players do all activity: 3.979 unique avatars
then i correct this for a 20% (arbitrary based on low planet activity) for RT, Cyrene and Toulam non-reported globals ... 7.807 > 4.774
Furthermore i consider sweatbots, critterkillers, starting avatars, and i DOUBLE the numbers ... 15600> 9550
from these number i calculated that out of 8m USD annual invoicing of MA "average joe" contributes for (8.000.000 / 9.550) = 837 USD > ((8.00.000 / 15600) = 512 USD per year

despite numbers are not public, and i dont know if Spotlight "funny" stock market requires disclosures, i am pretty sure that i am not very far.

during Covid lockdown of 2020/2021 tthe numnber was 5200 , during merry mayhem it was 4200.
want to see a lackustre environmente evidence? look at NON-Rigged materials and crafts... basic fitlers 103%, simple 1 spring 104%... cost to produce 105.3%... are sinked by small crafters to get ped back.

Pyrite, dianthus and the related enhancers are rigged so are not a gauge of the activity

Hunting Stats​

Hunting Rank: 354 of 3 979

Mining Stats
bomb.png

Mining Rank: 592 of 1 281

Crafting Stats
hammer_screwdriver.png

Crafting Rank: 98 of 1 246

It is not uncommon to hear claims about how the size of the EU playerbase has changed over time made in service of various game design arguments. I have heard it stated that the playerbase is declining, that the playerbase is growing, and that the playerbase has remained roughly static. Of course, more than one of these assertions could be true if they are assumed to be made with respect to different time horizons.

I should state up front that I don't think this is a metric of paramount importance. The value proposition of Entropia necessitates a mindset of disruptive innovation, creating and expanding a new market that would not otherwise exist, not incremental innovation, skimming customers off of already-existing markets, and therefore more relevant metrics would assess how well Entropia delivers on its fundamental value proposition. Still, if taken with a grain of salt, I think knowing how the size of the playerbase has changed over time could be interesting, and possibly useful.

What are our best objective metrics of Entropia's playerbase size throughout its history? Is it possible to graph the estimated number of players or some comparable metric for each year since CryEngine 2 was implemented (or even since Entropia launched)?
entropialife would give you best figure if you can sort between hardcore players everyday ones and seasonal / part time over a year span. Personally i dont think it grew in numbers in pandemic only more seasonal ones with more disposable cash appeared.

Back