Question: What Armor/Weapons for high end hunts?

Lilicia_RN

Hatchling
What armor and weapons do people use for high stuff like Molochs, Leviathan, Hogglo, Rextelum, Feffox, and stuff like that? I know I’m probably years away from the likes of those but Im just interested in what the ubers use.

Most of that stuff you would want a weapon that has a stated DPS of 70+ I think. Then add your amps and stuff on top of that. Rextelum and Feffox will be the easier ones to start with, their lower maturities arent too bad for mid range armors. I have mod viceroy as my primary Armor and I can hunt those easily without plates or much healing. Moloch and Hogglo get a little bit tougher for me without spending more money on better setup, haven't even tried Hogglo TBH. Leviathan you can hunt without taking damage at all by doing certain illegal tricks in the water...

I can do all of these in my Phantom+plates, the bigger maturities they armor might need more specific protection, like cold or acid etc. If your talking biggest size of these you probably need different types of armor depending on mobs as they all do different dmg although mainly imp/stab/cut. So many options, have a look at wiki

Edit: For weapons, buy the best you can use and afford, for me Ranked Scorpion T7 worked on all of these.
However as mentioned below, Bankroll is key!

Last edited:
Its not about armor,he asks what weapon is usually used for big mobs..what DPS is needed...
Armor is irrelevant, since u can find it easy what fits the most for each mob..but what to use to kill em to be the most eco as u can thats different..
Usually there is some unwritten rule to kill a mob with max 13 hits...but that applies with lower level mobs,for high end IMO is bankroll

The names you see all day every day are using one of these weapons Top 45-50 DPS eco weapons

The people who you see randomly global or HOF on those mobs are using either high DPS low eff/dpp weapons or using lower dps but high eff dpp.
As seen here Old weapons and L weapons big DPS

Those people use maybe daily token guns, or limited weapons or older Loot 1.0 weapons that cost like 1/5 to 1/20th less than the weapons shown in the image

Last edited:
Hunting endgame weapons : Mod nano, Perfect electric chip, mod lp100,keystone and glinting are top because of over 80 eff.

Best hunting armor is mod shadow but cheapest all around armor is by far mayhem.

Last edited:
Enigma l 4 high tier + shadow

Camo bgh high tier , no armor

Just grab something with high effi and then choose dps on how much you want to cycle/hour. Dps also need to beat regen of the mob but imo this kill a mob in X shots or X time is nothing to care about. We kill huge regen stuff in lab with barely beating regen and it’s paid back ^^

What armor and weapons do people use for high stuff like Molochs, Leviathan, Hogglo, Rextelum, Feffox, and stuff like that? I know I’m probably years away from the likes of those but Im just interested in what the ubers use.
best armor is EVADER. be sure to overpower the mosnter level by about 15 evader and you are fine they will miss you 70% of the times.
then put a nice plate with BLOCK on it cyrene,m serpent scales, and you mitigate more attacks
if the monster has not an insane attack, a mod viceroy with a spare LICH (L) can do basically be for all without the need to lock 60k into a shadow
weapn a ModMerc or BP70 is the minimum damage... the rable posted by angela is perfect

what yuou really need is about 50.000 ped cash on ped card for ammo and absorbing swings from big mosnters

best armor is EVADER. be sure to overpower the mosnter level by about 15 evader and you are fine they will miss you 70% of the times.
then put a nice plate with BLOCK on it cyrene,m serpent scales, and you mitigate more attacks
if the monster has not an insane attack, a mod viceroy with a spare LICH (L) can do basically be for all without the need to lock 60k into a shadow
weapn a ModMerc or BP70 is the minimum damage... the rable posted by angela is perfect

what yuou really need is about 50.000 ped cash on ped card for ammo and absorbing swings from big mosnters
afaik isnt 5 level evader higher then a mob or something is changed?

afaik isnt 5 level evader higher then a mob or something is changed?

It isn't and never was. Creature accuracy has nothing to do with creature danger level (except it being a factor in calculating the danger level) and as such, what evader level you need cannot be figured out by looking at the danger level.

The 5 levels evader higher than mobs has always been an inaccurate guideline, is what I mean.

I'll go find source.

Source;

The level of a mob is calculated based on the parameters of each mob. This includes things like Max HP, Regeneration, Attack speed, Accuracy, Damage, Range, Speed etc, they don't all weigh as heavily in the calculation however. High regeneration adds a lot to the mobs level and used to add even more, until a patch about 1.5 years ago or so as some might remember where the levels of many mobs changed slightly towards higher levels on high damage creatures rather than high HP/regen creatures.

In the case of Falxangius vs Mulak'f it's partly based on the large regeneration difference with very high on Mulak'f to very low on Falxangius. There is however a big difference that isn't as easy to see between these mobs which is their attack speeds and accuracy. The Falxangius attacks quite a bit slower than Mulak'f and misses a lot more giving it perhaps a lower overall damage output (depending on evade levels).

they will miss you 70% of the times
This is incorrect, it depends on the mobs. Although a lot follow that trend, it's generally between 5-10 levels and 60-65% evade, but very dependant on the mob... a decent rule of thumb for general purposes, but not the be all end all.

There's many mobs who don't follow this trend, Molochs, Proteron, Traeskeron, flesh rippers. Off the top of my head according to my data.

The names you see all day every day are using one of these weapons Top 45-50 DPS eco weapons

The people who you see randomly global or HOF on those mobs are using either high DPS low eff/dpp weapons or using lower dps but high eff dpp.
As seen here Old weapons and L weapons big DPS

Those people use maybe daily token guns, or limited weapons or older Loot 1.0 weapons that cost like 1/5 to 1/20th less than the weapons shown in the image
you installed manner chips. lol

yeah i working my way there myself, just got full ghost, and this friday a full set of 5B plates, i already have a 56DPS old sword. i bought the only one sold in the last year. but i rarely use it, unless i get in a bind and need to WACK crap dead before i die. cause its DPP 16.10pec and I miss once every 8 swings or so, and the 123 PED charge can go POOF really fast..so now i stick to TT swords till i get to lvl 15. to use the ARLS10 swords. but if i could get my hands on another one of these swords there is a quest that improves it, and brings it to 67DPS and lvl 38. instead of 100. the Katsu Determination.

but right now basic armor is fine, and TT weapons. ill eventually CHIP my way to lvl 50.

but still going 50/50 on my DEPO, 50% to LAND SHARES 50% to hunting weapons armor and costs or saving it so i can get my hands on gear for later.

using the wiki as i have - there is this UNLIMITED ANGLE ARMOR. but not sure how to get it, and then it says i can use ANGLE and GHOST to make improved ANGEL armor, but then the wiki shows this as a rare drop. so i am not sure which is correct. a quest that gets it, or a extremely rare luck drop.

adjusted katsuichi upgrade will cost you about 1200 PED in items
it is definitely NOT WORTH the cost to upgrade being it low TT and mediocre stats
try philosopher or dehera to skill some without Armatrix extra cost
GL

Last edited:
i didnt make it all the way though that. i made it thought the first part.
That's the important part, armor is just a fap, but you don't need to use it. Rest ADJ is ALWAYS better than armor

Back