Help: What do i need for my Next Island visit?

Status

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
I got this crazy idea of visiting Next Island, what do i need to consider when going there, i would also like to visit Ancient Greece while there.

People say to bring alot of time travel crystals, but what does "alot" actually mean?

When in Ancient Greece, what items can be used inside?

Thanks in advance.

cheers

ermik

Ancient Greece:

Get a full set of hoplite armour
get some herb boxes.. can be bought at the tt (I don't know if tiering works on ag, but if you can get tiered ones, that helps a bit more)
bring your archon swords (or hero/philo) ( for big cyclops)
you could also buy some tt-swords for small stuff (falx is a nice longblade, get 10 of those)
look at the ingredients needed to craft philosopher swords and hero swords
maybe buy some philo/hero L blueprints to craft some ( it seems archon resources no longer drop)
you will only need 3 timecrystals for a one way ticket. So 100 will be enough to hop 33 times
Bring plenty of ped, NI has no economy.
NO other items will work inside ancient greece, no vehicles, no armour, weapons. Just the hoplite armour, the herb boxes, the archon/hero/philosopher swords and the falx/laconian/falcata/ other tt one swords..
Hack and slash!

A satellite telephone. :tongue2:

Is hoplite a tt armor?

no.. get it at calypso auction..

it protects 6 imp 6 cut 6 stab 6 pen I think, it cannot be plated

For Next Island (Tropical), you don't need anything special. If you want to hunt Vulcan drakes, bring an armor protecting against Burn Damage. If you want to hunt (big) Snow Drakes, bring an armor protecting against Cold Damage. Don't miss to have a try with Pirate Skeletons and Island Sharks.

For Ancient Greece, I would recommend:

- two Philosopher (or Hero or Archon) Swords depending on your level and PED card
- two Herb Boxes (that can be bought from TT in Ancient Greece)
- a set of Hoplite Armor (it is a crafted armor so you will very probably have to buy it)
- Time Travel Crystals (50 should be more than enough for your visit).

You can mine on Tropical Next Island but not in Ancient Greece. Remember: No Mindforce in Ancient Greece, teleports chips cannot be used there. No vehicle as well.

Crystal Center is the place on Next Island where you generally find other avatars and can ask questions.

I got this crazy idea of visiting Next Island, what do i need to consider when going there, i would also like to visit Ancient Greece while there.

People say to bring alot of time travel crystals, but what does "alot" actually mean?

When in Ancient Greece, what items can be used inside?

Thanks in advance.

cheers

ermik

You actually get stripped while you jump to ancient Greece for the first time ... armor, implant, clothes, all. - You end up naked on the other side and are presented with an unrepaired Chiton to put on.

Take enough time for ancient Greece. As there is no teleportation and no vehicles, it means old school style tp running.

The revive system is a bit different. You end up in an underworld cave and have to tp back out to one of the tps you already have (at least I did not find another way of leaving those caves). So if you get killed on a tp run, you basically have to go back to the tp where you left and start another attempt to reach the new tp.

Remember to insert your implant when you are back at NI.

For NI, I'd remove all unnecessary stuff from my inventory. Even short hunting runs get you a huge amount of small stack items. I had left a lot of bps in my inv, ended up with too many items and had to unload in the middle of a hunting run.

They should FIX the Ancient Greece entry so:

* Time Crystals are required at ENTRY instead.
* And nothing is needed to EXIT.

This way no one will get trapped inside needlessly - everyone will be able to exit.

What made you wanna give NI a try at this point in time? Any connection to the upcoming MA sale?

NO other items will work inside ancient greece, no vehicles, no armour, weapons. Just

Unless it's been changed recently, Ice daggers(L) (looted on NI) works in ancient greece.

As for time travel crystals: Each jump there+back you need 6 (3+3) crystals.

Sorry I see a lot of wrong info in this post so I give some new infos hehe

Archon / Hero: UL swords - not craftable anymore due to a crystal missing. Cacocenite for both needed archon uses less than hero and hero is lesser weapon for some strange reason. Plenty around though I myself have 5 archons available and always keep one in my CND shop at NI for sale - Archon ULTRA ego

Philo swords UL - still craftable and cheep

Ice dagger (L) - looted from some mobs on tropical NI mostly from sharks I find them in Island sharks. usable in greece

TT weapons in greece the axe actually has highest DPS theres 4 weapons to pick from

other swords (L) lots of them still craftable I usualy keep a few in my shop there as well. Sword of courage, sword of wisdom, sword of Etc

Hopolite armor UL - Stats look low but all mobs in greece do all the damage types of the armour so it actually works really well. this is a crafted item.

Herb kit from TT greece - excellent eco fap for greece dont bother tiering it a 5% boost on that low an item is worthless

All non greece items not useable there. Some Items do loot in greece from certain mobs including fap-90's (which are not useable in greece so thats weird) and a lot of armors (also not useable there).

Time crystals craftable from component BP drops and stupid cheep also loot from the papoo wavespawns king. You need 3 crystals to enter greece and 3 to leave each trip

Make sure to do all NI missions theres a PILE of free stuff to get and superfun

Is hoplite a tt armor?

we also sale male and female hoplite in my shop if you can't find it on auction, or wanna save a little from auction.

#1 thing needed for a trip to Next Island...

Transportation to get back, you probably wont want to stay long :wise:

What made you wanna give NI a try at this point in time? Any connection to the upcoming MA sale?

however as exciting of a thought that is, the answer is no. Im just curious of the place ;)

I am going to be there until the ten event starts, except for a quick trip to arkadia tomorrow probably. I have like 2k time travel crystals (don't ask me why) I can sell you what you need for tt. I am currently going to be farming cyclops and gonna keep killing skellys occasionally too. I just figured out that I can finally solo steropes cyclops with no fapper, so I am excited to keep doing it.

Also, I have buyers there for certain crystals that you will find. Most are worthless, but for the good ones, they pay good MU for. I can get you in touch with them if you are going to be out there killing stuff for a while. Look me up, I would be glad to help. And also happy to team up on anything if u wanted. I can't ever convince any soc mates to fly out there, so I am always solo hunting the high hp stuff and it gets boring :)

One other thing...bring lots of guns if you use L stuff. There are a few shopkeepers that occasionally have some, but you will run out quick. I bought a ul stark 147 strictly for this planet, so if i am out of L guns and too hot to leave to get more, I can keep going.

The place gets bashed a lot, but I have found many things there that I like immensely, plus the mining is great. It literally feels like you are on vacation, and it is a calm and beautiful place (once you train your mind to completely tune out the monkeys and pigs)

I've found myself missing NI lately - I haven't been back since just before the "sack", but I spent long periods there before that.

For Next Island, bring plenty of whatever (L) weapon you use (if you use them).

For Ancient Greece, bring plenty of time - and wonder how we got by without vehicles. :)

:beerchug:

Miles

Hello,

The first post is 8 years old, but I've got the same questions. An update, advice or a guide if exists will be greatly appreciated!

Also, where can I find the time crystals from the mission, auction?

Hello,

The first post is 8 years old, but I've got the same questions. An update, advice or a guide if exists will be greatly appreciated!

Also, where can I find the time crystals from the mission, auction?

Fairly certain the time crystals were removed altogether. I didn't receive any when I did the questline and went to AG, and wasn't charged any other kind of items/fees either. I haven't been there long enough or enough times to answer any in-depth questions, but vehicles and MF both work there now & your avatar is no longer stripped when you enter AG.

Answering today's question in super-old thread: You no longer need time crystals - just the cave as a point to pass between any tp on AG and any other tp on NI.

Status
Back