What do you do to break-up monotony?

I create and fill up the spreadsheets for my activities ingame.
I also do a lot of testing to see what gives me an advantage.

Best thing to do to break the monotony of doing the same thing for hours at a time, is not to do the same monotonous thing for hours at a time. 😁
Set yourself a manageable hunting target, I usually time mine to something routine and repeatable like the duration of a skill pill, or the full decay of my weapon. Once that goal is reached. Go and do something else for a while! Come back and go again.

Run out of money. Otherwise, enjoy the monotony, because, why would you play a game you don't like?

Lately, I will often donate my time and skill to other players. Usually running the Daytona 500 around sweat circles at Boreas or Royal club with a Vivo S10 + Hedoc Mayhem to keep them alive ;). other times I am tending to my Disciple(s), helping them with hunts and logistics when I can. OR spend time with the wife, kids or Grandkids.

Explore rest of the game and it's opportunities, graphics etc, there is far more to EU than just grinding a mob for skills. Mine, craft, trading, a walk in the very varied terrain looking for fruit stones or just enjoying the sounds and sights. Visit other planets to add variety and do missions as yet untouched.
Also why grind a single mob, codex is there on them all, switch it up or down in mob size/type for variety, use melee, MF and guns to give change of pace and skills.
Also hunt for resources and mu rather than just doing a single mob for hours/days

When I log in at work... I do some paperwork at the same time, some thing needs typing and etc. Thats why do mining mainly since I wont need to fap too much. Its more like to work under some presure and I feel i can get better concentration model in some way :p Of course I will log out or just afk when i got some serious stuff to do. lol
When I log in at home, I will just watch some TV, movies or streaming of other games, etc.

I log on, open the daily terminal, select everything but mining (Hunting cat 1 to 3, manufacture cat 1)

These missions usually send me flying around Calypso and kill different mobs every day, i do what i can do then abandon the rest :cool:

Also i do the Feffoid Cave then Argonaut Recovery. (or i begin by those 2 then the daily terminal)

After that my daily Entropian Session is over :cool:

I log on, open the daily terminal, select everything but mining (Hunting cat 1 to 3, manufacture cat 1)

These missions usually send me flying around Calypso and kill different mobs every day, i do what i can do then abandon the rest :cool:

Also i do the Feffoid Cave then Argonaut Recovery. (or i begin by those 2 then the daily terminal)

After that my daily Entropian Session is over :cool:
You are taking the term "daily mission" very literally :p

If you want to add another mission to your daily repertoire, talk to the Corporal Zima at Fort Medusa. A few of the assignments will be a little tough for you at your lvl, but you'll grow into them. This is one of the best dailies on calypso.

I go play another game in alpha or go watch my oil painting dry both of which are more entertaining than watching my PED card drain on crap loot.

In game I will rearrange my house, check auctions, debate on selling gear to upgrade or replenish my real life savings, map mining fields, and if I'm really wanting to punish myself try to scan for skills or resource gather some trees.

Chatting with Socmates or creating graphics for our society is always fun and productive.

I go over to my other laptop and watch interesting things on YT and other places or make CG models using Rocket 3F.

Mir4 is my new hobby. It allows you to play 4 characters at the same time (2 in global loader for pc, one in steam, and one in android (although I don't do the android thing but some others I know do)... It allows you to play afk 24/7 and to mine something called dark steel used to upgrade gear in the game or to sell off for draco coins. It just came out a few months ago and it's definitely not gonna make you a ton but it's fun to play at times.

What does everyone do to break-up the monotony of grinding the same thing for hours at a time?
It's actually quite funny that you even have to ask this question.

This way it almost sounds like entropia is an extremely boring game.... :sleep:

Mir4 is my new hobby. It allows you to play 4 characters at the same time (2 in global loader for pc, one in steam, and one in android (although I don't do the android thing but some others I know do)... It allows you to play afk 24/7 and to mine something called dark steel used to upgrade gear in the game or to sell off for draco coins. It just came out a few months ago and it's definitely not gonna make you a ton but it's fun to play at times.
Just looked at some YT vids on Mir4 which looks ok, apparently even has it's own cryptocurrency.

I use two hands as I find two is better than one when playing.

Entropia only need F to play. If you have enough lifesteal, armor, evade. Sadly the game is too boring after few hours of grinding. I usually watch netflix while I play. You literally only need to hear the loor being looted then press F. So depending on mob you can play eu with one finger while watching your favorite tv shows. It's 👍. For new content or bigger mobs I play normally tho. With two hands.

Entropia only need F to play. If you have enough lifesteal, armor, evade. Sadly the game is too boring after few hours of grinding. I usually watch netflix while I play. You literally only need to hear the loor being looted then press F. So depending on mob you can play eu with one finger while watching your favorite tv shows. It's 👍. For new content or bigger mobs I play normally tho. With two hands.
Thanks for the info on using the F key. Alas my evade and other similar skills aren't that high yet, so don't think I could play just using the F key. I've only used that to vacate vehicles, but not for anything else.

Back