What do you miss from old PE?

Neox

Dominant
United States, Athens Georgia home to REM
Society
The Drow
Valdemar Van Ashkevron
There are things that some of us will remember from older versions of PE that are no longer around, what do you miss from days gone by?

I miss all the items that used to drop that made you feel like you were getting little easter eggs each time.

I miss how the more aggresive mobs would agro on other weaker mobs or on each other such as atrox and drones fighting east of jason or warriors and armax going at it west of zues.

I miss the old loot-system & the running speed.

Most of all i miss the agro-range on rippersnaps, i used to enjoy hunting them :(

but then again i dont miss rubber-banding one bit ;)

loots and runnign speed...i miss the old days

As a noob, can someone tell me what was so special about the running speed?

You outrun the mob and could fap during this and turn and shoot again.

Started PE in beta stadium but wasn't enable to deposit so I left, and now I'm back

I want the old running speed back... and the old loot system. The "no loot" msg almost drives me insane sometimes.

But the thing I miss the most is the great feeling that a smaller PE community gave us. Better/closer contact with MA, it almost felt like they took our opinions seriously and acutally listened to what we had to say... it may just be nostalgia, but I doubt it.

- Good items actually dropped from time to time
- Higher average loot.
- Better skill system.
- The running speed wasn't to bad.
- The ability to move as a ghost.
- The ability to fap (heal ful) while running.
- Transparent armors, you could wear an armor that looked like a Brigadier armor as you wore a coat underneith.
- The PE Exchange system.
- Back when we didn't have an auction, it required a whole lot of work to sell stuff back then. And it was fun.
- The goldrush days! I loved those, you could go there with 200 Peds of bombs and come back with 500 Ped of ore, every day. No matter how bad you were at mining, you always got a HoF. This was only in the PvP 1 area though, that was what made it so extremely good.
- The old oil rig, the oil spawned every 20 seconds.
- The day I found out how to use an amplifier as a teleporter, etc, etc... there are loads of stuff that I miss.

And... one thing, this is what I miss the most of all:
[20:43] <|ID|Hally|Demagogue|Away> Marco will the good stuff drop again like imk2 and modfap ???
[20:43] <Marco|MindArk|AWAY> Hally. It havent stopped dropping.
[20:46] <Marco|MindArk|AWAY> Actually, an Imp Mk2 was found the day before yesterday, app 9.15 PM Swedish time.

It was a lot easier to communicate with Mindark, we had HoC's and stuff. And Mindark employees were always available at IRC in order to help us with certain problems and let us know about the latest news.

Last edited:
- som friend
- the loot system
- the speed because hunting was more tecnique than now
- price on stuff
- the hof system ( getting hof was something , not just waste amo more than other)

What I miss from Old PE

Having to do it in my white Y fronts if my mum forgot to pack my gym kit :rolleyes:

oh not that P.E. :dunce:

sorry noob so never played then

I miss the speed and when mobs attack other types of mobs. :tongue2:
I can’t remember if the exchange system was working when I started to play.
And almost all the other stuff already been said.

i miss the old lootsystem, the old skillingsystem, trapping in umbra villages :( i also miss the quiet chat that wasnt always full of globalmessages >_>

Skillin' evade @ diripis by the old sweatfarm...
good times :cool:

I miss the items in loot, ring-boxing (it was a very social spot!), the old tantardion spot, running speed, mobs attacking eachother...

wow over the time of 3 years much have changed much things are just to be forgoten but I miss it all I think pe was better in the old days ;)

although i am mostly new to PE, i would have missed:

1)skill system;
2)trading prices;
3)uber items;
4)less globals, more importance;
5)loot system
6)most important, DareDevil :)

and much more that i can't remember :)

although been a noob i see that the old days had pretty good stuff... :)

frisca2004 said:
although i am mostly new to PE, i would have missed:
6)most important, DareDevil :)

Amen... ;)

aaaah come on people? old lootsystem, running speed, old skillsystem, back when we earned money on playing a game......

you're all just a bunch of whiners. it seems like all of you would want PE back to beta, and i bet more then half of you guys wasnt even here when the old loot system was in use. and btw, was it really that great? did you always profit ubermuch? no offcourse you didnt, thats just a myth.

Dinivan said:
aaaah come on people? old lootsystem, running speed, old skillsystem, back when we earned money on playing a game......

you're all just a bunch of whiners. it seems like all of you would want PE back to beta, and i bet more then half of you guys wasnt even here when the old loot system was in use. and btw, was it really that great? did you always profit ubermuch? no offcourse you didnt, thats just a myth.

Well, since you're asking. Yes, I did profit. Yes, I loved it. ;)

I can see why Mindark had to change the system though, and I totally understand them. Just because I liked the old system more doesn't mean that I would like it to be changed back today though.

I miss jumping around :(

Now if it is just a little steep you cant jump.

I was jumping around calypso for two years, then it was changed :(

It was actually very usefull being able to jump anywhere, like in the hills with many pointy spots it was faster just jumping from pointy rock to pointy rock rather than walking uphill.

It was changed when the telechips were introduced :(

Sure, to make it more realistic jumping uphill was prolly disabled, but in some occasions it would be possible even in real life, when, as i mentioned above, jumping from peak to peak.
But atleast change the percentage of how steep a hill is before it's impossible to jump would be nice.

I also miss underwater mining, though there is an excuse for changing that, more realistic as long as there is no scuba gear. :(

Ohh, and swimming in the water surface (head above water), more realistic than having your head underwater.

i miss making daikiba fight faucervix :D

I miss the FUN the most.

Dannei: Running speed - I as a noob, with no armour, no fap, and a punisher mk1, could hunt feffoid assasins (where have they gone too?) by shooting, wait for them to get close, then turn and run again. Never needed to fap.

Also...WTF did biffoids get renamed maffoids.... that is SO GAY !!!!!

I miss the trapping of course... Dunno why MA and others bitched and moaned about it so much... we never managed to profit from it. It was a total adrenaline rush just sitting there being a part of the human wall while trapping spiders and hoggolos (they were called hoggolo's before, now just hogglo) and also 2nd entities on TI. I would stay up late into the night to go hunting with socmates... it was so much fun.

Now I don't even bother... I haven't enjoyed PE in about 9 months (no need to tell me to quit... still have access to my avatar and still log in occasionally to chat to old friends...but i dont PLAY anymore - PE ...the best 3d IRC ever).

BRING BACK THE FUN !!!!!!

Edit: I guess people could say PE isn't for everyone... but I've spent around $3000 in a year, so I guess I'm the kind of person MA would like to attract... if PE was still like it was this time last year, I'd be putting all my spare money in every month...but I guess they don't really need MY money...

the mighty: the reason why trapping was taken away was that it ruins the whole PE economy. whats the point off buying big uber gear if you just may trap the spider anyhow? and also, its alot expensiver to kill a big mob if you have to get fap decay and armor decay, wich really messes up the loot if some noobs shoot at big mobs side by side with uberplayers with expensive uber gear, and the noobs get better return?

and also: PE is not less fun now then it used to be. i suppose its just you getting sick off it. chill out, have a nice time with your friends and dont be online so much. it'll be fun again in no-time ;)

Dinivan said:
the mighty: the reason why trapping was taken away was that it ruins the whole PE economy. whats the point off buying big uber gear if you just may trap the spider anyhow? and also, its alot expensiver to kill a big mob if you have to get fap decay and armor decay, wich really messes up the loot if some noobs shoot at big mobs side by side with uberplayers with expensive uber gear, and the noobs get better return?

and also: PE is not less fun now then it used to be. i suppose its just you getting sick off it. chill out, have a nice time with your friends and dont be online so much. it'll be fun again in no-time ;)

I hear you, but people think trapping was easy... HAH!.. damn it wasn't.
It took a lot of skill and a lot of luck to get the right mob and trap it. Its much easier to take 20people and hunt spiders than to trap... its much easier to take 5 people, and just run back from the tp and kill it. No, trapping was a skill. And look at the real world, its in a human's nature to find better ways of doing things. IF it wasn't we'd still be in the stone age.

As for taking a break... 2 months so far, and its still not enough...

Maybe one day when im rich, I'll just throw money at this until its fun, but maybe by then i wont be interested anymore...

Thanks for the positive outlook though... good luck.

BTW: You know theres a problem when I'd much rather spend time on the PE forums than in the game...

EF rocks !

I also miss underwater mining, though there is an excuse for changing that, more realistic as long as there is no scuba gear.

OMG I can't agree more MindBuster, I WANT UNDERWATER MINING BACK!

As you said there is no reason for them to of changed it, i even sent a support case to them about it and there response was obviously "We would like to point you to point 13 if EULA which states that we can do WTF we like. Have a nice day."

I might start a thread on this and a poll to see if there are any other people dissapointed by the change.

the mighty i think i can answer one of your questions...
look here:

biffoid ---> MAffoid :D

The Mighty said:
I hear you, but people think trapping was easy... HAH!.. damn it wasn't.
It took a lot of skill and a lot of luck to get the right mob and trap it. Its much easier to take 20people and hunt spiders than to trap... its much easier to take 5 people, and just run back from the tp and kill it. No, trapping was a skill. And look at the real world, its in a human's nature to find better ways of doing things. IF it wasn't we'd still be in the stone age.

i'de say it depends on what you trap. as an example th ambuliax/warior trap east of twin peaks. just get a plasma rifle or fire forge, one shot the run and stand at that place. i didnt find that so dificult really. but offcourse, spiders was quite a challange!

im not personally against trapping. i agree that it is realistic that we can hide from the creatures. but its not realistic that the creature just dont run around the little rock/tree or what it now is, and strike you down, and its not realistic either that the creature gets increddibly angry and strikes anything really if it cant hit you beacause you're in a tiny place. or it could just run away... so for gameplay, i didnt like the kind of trapping we had. but the solution sucked. maybe even more.

Back