Question: What does "Increased Block Chance by 3% mean on the Modified Armor Plating?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
What does "Increased Block Chance by 3% mean on the Modified Armor Plating? Does this number help to increase the "Damage Deflected" incidences? Or does it actually Block damage? Is there decay when this occurs?

1GXVaJ5.png

Its different from deflect damage.
You block the attack even though you don't have the dmg type protection for that mob.The damage incoming appear 0.0 and there is no decay for that attack, you block all of it.
I don't know if you actually block 3 attacks out of 100 but the effect seems strong enough for 3% by the eye.

Yeah attack completely blocked, no cost (decay)

If I understand correctly, our avatars have zero block capability without these. And if we attach them we should block 3% of incoming attacks. The description is what was messing with my head. Very cool that it can block damage types you may not be protected against and no decay.
:sniper:

Yes I think we will be seeing more of this buff in the future, for example on armors, rings and perhaps even pills.

So far there is only Smuggler plates and upgraded 5B and 6A that have this. But I could totally se MA adding block chance to some future armor upgrades.

One more thought. When properly suited up we would use seven armor plates. Does this buff stack if you have multiple plates?

I am no math scientist. But, let me take a run at these numbers:
  • 7 Mod. Plates * 3% Block Chance = 21% Block Chance for a complete set? - Yes/No?
What is the maximum Block allowed by items if you hover over its icon?

You can only be hit on one armor part at a time, so I would guess block chance does not stack and remains 3% on average.

Mob attacks you > game decides on which part > you either get hit on that part (~97%) or block the attack (~3%).

One more question about these. Does the 3% Block chance show as a buff where all of the other buffs display? Or is it integral to the item?

no buff is shown, its just integrated in the system.

Back