Question: What does it cost to play this game and make a living at it?

Price is an agreement between buyer and seller
And it's manipulated at will by Mindark.

You think even valk's would be this expensive if the (L) bp's dropped at a decent rate?

Well, just to be overly obvious - if you think so, you are wrong.

There was like 300 clicks worth of different Valk BPs on auction the other day.... They seem to be dropping more often honestly. As for making a living off of the game I live in the US and I do! I sold my house and my car and I live in a tent and steal Wifi and electricity from my old neighbors... :lolup: I'm just kidding from what I know if you live in the US or any other country for that matter there is no way you can afford what would be considered "Stable Income" Honestly if you are thinking of investing 100k USD then you would be better off going elsewhere if your investment is your only source of income. Now like some people have mentioned if you have another source of income for stability then investing might be the plan for you but relying on this game for income is a very poor decision imho. Best of luck and hope you have fun!

Nem

WOW! All I have to say first off is thank you all for your responces! I posted this yesterday without expecting to get many at all posts... Anyways I do live in the US and what most people here have said is my confirmed theory. It is a fun game to play and on the average sometimes you might just get lucky. As I though unless you are a planet owner or original land area purchaser then not much of a chance to make money. it even sounds like investing in a land area to offset my cost of playing is not very realistic for me since I really don't play but 2 or 3 times a week for maybe 2 hours a run. So I think I have decided for now just to depo my little bit of money a month and enjoy the game for what it is. Investment wise I will turn somewhere else for now. Unless I see a good deal Like say Medusa Island again. LOL

Thanks again! I continue to play this game for the fact there is a fantastic community out there of awesome people. :yay:

What I dont understand is:
WHY in all mighty´s name are we supposed to "make a living" ingame?
Okey it IS possible to do, all respect for those who can be able to withdraw money!

BUT Imo i think that if you start playing with a goal to have this as an investment and dont enjoy the game, then you will soon be bored out and quit!

Have your goal to Break even, and also maybe be able to have a profit enough so u dont need to deposit anymore!
If everyone had the goal to make it a living and withdraw money MA would go bankrupt soon and then EU is no more..
IF you are here to play, just play for FUN!

Not everyone can afford buying LA´s and IngameBanks etc.. But wth... Its another thing with Profit a bit and build your ingame economy and make a living (to be able to withdraw)..

EU is a game/mmo rce, yes but you can get depressed if you start having thoughts that´s way out of range atm.

:twocents:

What I dont understand is:
WHY in all mighty´s name are we supposed to "make a living" ingame?
Okey it IS possible to do, all respect for those who can be able to withdraw money!

BUT Imo i think that if you start playing with a goal to have this as an investment and dont enjoy the game, then you will soon be bored out and quit!

Have your goal to Break even, and also maybe be able to have a profit enough so u dont need to deposit anymore!
If everyone had the goal to make it a living and withdraw money MA would go bankrupt soon and then EU is no more..
IF you are here to play, just play for FUN!

Not everyone can afford buying LA´s and IngameBanks etc.. But wth... Its another thing with Profit a bit and build your ingame economy and make a living (to be able to withdraw)..

EU is a game/mmo rce, yes but you can get depressed if you start having thoughts that´s way out of range atm.

:twocents:

Well I really do enjoy this game and love to play it... so much I think my original thoughts were I didn't want to work a day job so I could spend more time in game. I think it is everyone's dream to do what they enjoy and get paid for it. I have been playing entropia since 2005 and love this game and all of the planets that are out currently. Although we may dream of doing the things we enjoy for a living it does not always come out as reality. :)

if you consider that MA actually lost money according to the half year 2010 financial report , im guessing more than anyone here is willing to risk.....lol

There are some people that have and some have gone on to make planets... so what would be the cost of playing this game to be able to live off this game?

I don't think a single profession could do it... probably land management... and from the looks of it. A lot of it!

Just curious...

If the figures a good landowner friend of mine has shared with me are accurate, I would need 2 fairly popular land areas to equal our household income (just above the federally recognized poverty level in the U.S.)

There is a Way, But is There Trust??

I found Entropia Threw Rocktropias Old Web page.. On that Web it advertised how i could Meet people, Socializ, Network, Possibly Start a Business.. Now You Got to Understand this Also.. I Make Music and My Sister Showed me a Game that Had a Planet "dedicated" To Music.. Well when i started playing it I got sidetracked From the Idea, And My original Idea was to Promote My Music, Well in my Real life i work, and i Do music and others(Basicly Whatever can Be Done on Computer).. So as i played and Started learning the Game and the Whole train of thought i had about Entropia Changed, Their is a way to make money playing this Game, but For the Average Player Or Person, You Wouldnt Be Living off of Loot or HoFs.. you would basicly be living Off of a Customer Base Built And Controled within the Universe...Meaning: If Wal-Mart Opened up a Virtual Wal-Mart Here, And you Put a Application in and Worked as a virtual Employee Then u could Make a Living, Because Us as Players would be able to make Real Item Purchases From With-in the Universe.. Shit You Never know that Walmart might Sell Virtual Items You Never Know.. But, Because This Is a MMO And Ya we can say RCE But alot of people dont Treat it like that, Because if we did we wouldnt have Threads Like this.. But Because this is a MMO that we Play, I dont See anybody Interested in Making Real Item Purchases Unless We Can Push the MarkUp on it and ReSell it or Loot it... Now Arkaidia from what i understand is giving away Alienware Computers, Would You Keep it OR Would You Sell It +MU?? This Entropia Universe is alot deeper than what i see people Seeing it as.. And now i Dont Call it RCE, Only reason why is because with RCE It shouldnt take as long to Make a Withdraw, As a matter fact it should take as long as it takes to Deposit.. Thats Problem Number 1... Problem Number 2, We cant Completely Trust MINDARK( well i Cant ).. i lost my Investers Because i Couldnt Prove to them how long it would take to get a withdraw(basicly when would they see results).. To Call this RCE is Another Way of saying EVERYTHING THAT IS TEXTURED AND COLORED COST MONEY.. When Really WE should be able to use this RCE as a Real RCE and Survive, Work, Make Money, Become a Virtual Record LAbel, Or A Virtual Game Company, or a Virtual Whatever, But Its Not... its Log in And Pew Pew PEw pEw, Then When Someone is trying to Sell Real Items We come out and Call the person an Exploit or SCammer or Whatever Else..(when Really the ones Judging that individual are the Real Exploits..Thats Why i dont judge People but i wont sell my Items until i get the ok from MINDARK themselves, and im being Patient) Other Than THat You Wanna Get PAid THINK OUTSIDE THE FKIN BOX.. Eitherway i love this Game lol im here Daily..

-ILLz

Owning la or crafting ma-109's with a high QR BP. Both will be winners.

You can still profit but not to make a living.

Disclaimer : It also depends on how much u need to live on.

u left out mining foma with 109s div....lol jk

well say 250k if u want to live cheap irl and not work. Like an investment. Say 200k if u wanna work ingame and make abit more but then its a 9-5 job.

Thats how it is atm imo. But if the playerbase doubles or more then we are talking quite a nice chunck of monthly income.

It will cost you, a ton of skills say 500K+. Some uber eco equipment, Mod merc, mod fap. many types of armors for every mob.

Some land so that you can use the money from that for ammo.

The to grind like a bitch and get lucky.
So the chances are quite low, depends what kind of living you want to make. if you want to live in a one room flat, would not be to hard i guess with a bit of start up money. To live in a nice 5 bedroom house, i would say impossible.

May be wrong, as this is a guess. :)

the game is so unfair... + they can change evrything at anytime so even being a Land Owner can be hazardous

they only way is to trade ... buy at 101% resell a 104 % =/

the rest is "theory" nothing have been proved ... even skilling may be useless ! haha

The nice time about EU is that it will cost you what you decide it should cost.
The hard part is to restrain yourself to keep the costs within your own limits.

best reply :wise:

then when you find a way to restrain yourself you might get lucky and break even so you can play for free (no more depo).

Only, that great income from MA-109 has been killed now that amps work on any resource. Everything is volatile. Nothing is constant.

Back