What ever happened to the "Grand Project"?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Once Kim mentioned the upgrade of the southern western most Eudoria server was scrapped for a "Grand Project". He may not have used the term grand project but he may have said a far more ambitious project.

I've not been able to find that specific thread or post. Does anyone still remember this? I think it was a few years back now...

Anyway I'm still wondering what that grand project was and if it has been scrapped or shelved since we have not heard anything for a long time now.

Once Kim mentioned the upgrade of the southern western most Eudoria server was scrapped for a "Grand Project". He may not have used the term grand project but he may have said a far more ambitious project.

I've not been able to find that specific thread or post. Does anyone still remember this? I think it was a few years back now...

Anyway I'm still wondering what that grand project was and if it has been scrapped or shelved since we have not heard anything for a long time now.

Didn't you saw news about Pokemon Arena coming? ;p

Didn't you saw news about Pokemon Arena coming? ;p

I saw that and rest of the road map but somehow I don't think that was the project at least it's not the project I had in mind...

With the new open communication MA/Calypso are embarking upon perhaps we could get some official info on this?

Is it the sabakuma cave on cape corinth?

Maybe it's called Arkadia.. that wonderful planet with it's nice dev team and forum mods?

(couldn't resist)

(major troll alert)

That area was scrapped, but Cape Corinth after the remake uses much of the terrain and effects seen in the pictures Kim posted from that area :dunno:

That area was scrapped, but Cape Corinth after the remake uses much of the terrain and effects seen in the pictures Kim posted from that area :dunno:

That is true but the main point of this thread was not the shelved/scrapped server but the grand project :eyecrazy: After years of waiting I for one am tired of guessing what the grand project was or indeed if that's also been shelved.

The upgrade to the Athena Spaceport area was ultimately canceled due to the new design being to different from the old one, you should be able to find a post from Kim in regards to that. Im pretty sure they re-used a lot of those assets for the cape corinth area though.

As for a "grand project" i cant really remember something like that being said i do however remember Kim hyping up the mind reaver caves in a interview or two, sure its not that your refering to?

Best regards
Zweshi

I vaguely remember what your talking about.

Without hearing anything it's all just speculation, but mabe it's something to do with the CLD housing?

Didn't Magyar talk Kim in to redoing his back yard around the time that the 'grand project' was in the works? I suspect that that little yard work may have been it? Ain't it funny what a little ego rubbing can do when it comes to Mindark and getting stuff done?

The time kim relased some teaser material for the cape corinth update he also mentioned random spawning encounters like camps, with bosses and probably treasure chests guarded by them (not sure if i make up the chest part, can't remember well)

I believe thats their "great" Project

they also announced in march that an important estate was up for grabs too - what happened to that - broken promises as well - What happened to the Mid June VU (mentioned on the roadmap - Its mid june now and nothing) seems cyrene has given a VU preview but no news from Calypso or MA atm - no downtime information yet - lots of broken promises.

cheers:)

I suspect that that little yard work may have been it?

That would make no sense being called a "grand project". The other suggestions in the thread (Corinth, camps) are far more likely, in my opinion.

Didn't Magyar talk Kim in to redoing his back yard around the time that the 'grand project' was in the works?

Not so much "talked into". Magyar presented a full idea for area development, as well as how it would benefit the area and planet as a whole. He then paid for the whole thing himself, as an investment.

Not so much "talked into". Magyar presented a full idea for area development, as well as how it would benefit the area and planet as a whole. He then paid for the whole thing himself, as an investment.

He paid for what? I missed that info :scratch2:

He paid for what? I missed that info :scratch2:

The addition of the Combibo spawn (including the rare boss mob) and a couple of terminals near his castle at the island S of Nymphtown, in an effort to create an interesting new sweat camp.

(I should point out, for claritys sake, that since the island is not a land area he doesn't get any tax income from it or whatever)

they also announced in march that an important estate was up for grabs too - what happened to that - broken promises as well - What happened to the Mid June VU (mentioned on the roadmap - Its mid june now and nothing) seems cyrene has given a VU preview but no news from Calypso or MA atm - no downtime information yet - lots of broken promises.

cheers:)

Good questions. Seems as if the mid june update is delayed. Then again perhaps its only a small delay and update is tomm on wednesday...wish there was more info on that

With the new open communication MA/Calypso are embarking upon

they'ill never have open communication with us!... they barely even read their own forums!

If they wanted to communicate with us, all they have to do is post! :wise:

Back