What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

I feel a dancy Friday coming on, and I still have this coat.

I never noticed the initials before. Anyway, it's a Jackson ;)

Black singers were glorious once

A Glenn Miller classic, written by Jerry Gray in 1941 and performed by The Boston Pops under John Williams (who is also a world class conductor and arranger, which is a high accomplishment in itself)

Bonus: Trailer featuring the same song from the movie The Glenn Miller Story (1954), starring James Stewart in one of his best performances imo (ofc, far from the real events and persons––it′s the Hollywood version, after all), guest appearances by Louis Armstrong, Gene Krupa and others

Last edited:

⏰ went back today (UK)

Bass In The Place. London! :vampire:

Probably everyone who had ever a try at something like this will recognize that communication is absolutely key for a successful performance. With a group as the Canadian Tenors you have a well oiled machine, so to speak. And you disrupt basically everything by putting in a ″fifth man″... Remigio Pereira at the guitar is a little slow to catch up, then his eyes almost fall out und he just cannot help a two mile wide grin––yet he professionally continues and holds his place. Frasier Walters, who has the lead, after a jawdrop and a quick ″oh my god″ quickly establishes intensive eye contact with Celine Dion while taking himself notably back to let her show him how to proceed (although it seems clear from the begin that nobody professional will barrel in like this and take over that lead). And did I mention Clifton Murray has the damnedest most perfect non-British English accent I have ever heard...? :unsure:

Now, Celine Dion has come quite a long way. Rather unexpectedly she won the 1988 ESC representing Switzerland, beating out the UK on the very last vote and winning by 1 point. (Rules were then, that you could only present a song in your official national language, where Switzerland could choose from German, French, Italian, and Romansh.)––Loll at the yellow monster earthmover ride shown in the opening segment... it is not the Titanic, right...? :laugh:

Speaking of the Titanic, this is from the 1998 Pavarotti & Friends Concert in Modena, Italy.––How anyone could put forward such a powerful performance while being corsetted in like this, is beyond me... :eyecrazy: Extremely controlled, too.

Playing the flute btw is Andrea Corrs from The Corrs. So, let this be a bonus:

Last edited:
Back